News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear seat foam replacement? (70 Charger)

Started by b5blue, September 06, 2010, 08:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Anyone sell this? I see front seat foam around but not rear? (Mine is stinky)  :eek2:

twodko

Hey Neal,

I'd call Legendary Auto Upholstery first, then YO, R/T Specialties and Jack's Auto Parts. I replaced the foam in my front buckets only and got it from Legendary. Good luck.

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

b5blue

Thanks, it's something I've never run across yet.  :shruggy:

Memphis Mopar

Could be wrong but I thought that they did not repop the foam for the back seats.  Mine is being done by a local auto upholstery shop.

jaak

The rear seat foam is not molded like the fronts. Any Upholstery shop should be able to supply the foam you need, just got to trim it to fit the seat frame.

Jason

b5blue

And that would explain why there not "offered".   :2thumbs:   

bill440rt

Quote from: jaak on September 10, 2010, 10:17:10 PM
The rear seat foam is not molded like the fronts. Any Upholstery shop should be able to supply the foam you need, just got to trim it to fit the seat frame.

Jason

:iagree:
My upholsterer also used a thin piece of carpet instead of the usual burlap. Adds more firmness to the seat.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

b5blue

I like that idea!  :cheers: Thanks for the tip Bill!

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

ugly2u