News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ghost in the brake lights...

Started by ronwest, September 05, 2010, 10:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronwest

I have a sticky brake pedal. I noticed today the brake lights will come on and go off on their own. It happened a while back and I just bled my brakes and it's back.

What should I do to resolve this?

THX
:cheers:

b5blue

If the peddle will/can not return all the way up.....the switch stays on.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Manifold

Just to be clear, are you talking about the brake lights on the outside rear of the car or the "Brake" light in the dash?

b5blue

CornDogsCharger

The little switch that is turned off and on by the petal is threaded and has PLENTY of adjustment in it.  Maybe the switch is adjusted out just to the point of almost being off and almost being on.  if you replace it, I would adjust it in a good bit so that the button is pressed all the way in.  I ran into the same problem with my '66 Charger.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee