News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got my new Hemmings Muscle Machines in the mail

Started by jonw29, September 29, 2010, 08:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonw29

Red Daytona on the cover.It is owned by Sean Machdo.440 auto car.Seems to be nice.Is he a member of the board?

pettybird

nascarxx29

Joe Machados original daytona then Greg Peck then Seans daytona that car has logged alot of miles

Joe has owned well over 100 Mopars since he acquired that '66 Charger, and has a great story about most every one. How about his red Daytona with the black vinyl roof? Rachel Welch ordered the car, had the dealer install a vinyl roof and then had second thoughts! Then there is his blue cloned Daytona that has quite a following since its appearance in a Spice Girls video. And speaking of videos, what about the cars he owns that have been used in television and the movies? The list goes on and on.

With a 30+ year Mopar pedigree like this, its no surprise that Joe has accumulated a lot of memories. He has graciously consented to share just a few of them here through some of the photos he has collected over the years, most of which he took himself.

http://aerowarriors.com/pftjmc1.html
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

wingcar

Joe Machado introduced me to Daytona's when I first went over to his house to look at a ’67 Charger he was selling.  I remember several things about that first visit…how nice the ’67 was and how he was very picky about whom he sold his cars to, in addition to seeing the Daytona’s wing sticking out of his garage, it was painted red at the time….awesome, to say the least!  It was the first time I had ever seen a real wingcar in person and it left a lasting impression.
I didn’t buy the ’67 as it was just a bit more than I could afford at the time, but later Joe would give me a lead on what would become my first wingcar…a Superbird.  I also enjoyed running over to his house as he lived only a few blocks away in Cerritos, California and you never knew what you would see parked in front of his house as you rounded the corner. 
I remember a story he told me about finding a 1969 Charger 500 for sale that the owner didn’t realize was special, and to keep him from realizing it was different from a standard Charger, he drive his 500 over…telling the owner, see it’s the same as my regular Charger….I guess it worked as I believe he purchased the 500. 
He’s a good guy, and let us hang around his house on many a “muscle car garage” Saturday. 
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400