News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SUPERBIRD SIDE GLASS??

Started by Mopar John, September 14, 2010, 07:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar John

I would like the help of someone who has a Superbird with all the original side glass in it. What I am looking for is the date code and logo on each piece: Drivers vent glass, door glass and quarter glass and the same for the passengers side. Today I was checking on my glass and there is some with the PPG logo and some with the P logo? I am also curious on the dates used as mine vary from 89 through 119?
Thanks!

kw mopar

John my Bird is factory tint and the driver door glass has been replaced by me. Not sure if the others are original or not but you will be able to tell by the #s. but here is the rest. Hope it helps. DRIVER VENT- Tint P 89 PM2-2AS-2     DRIVER REAR-      AS2M27.7  26109 Dot 18    PASSENGER VENT- PM2.2AS(Could not read the rest)  PASSENGER DOOR-   AS2M27.7 26109 Dot 18      PASSENGER REAR- AS2M27.7 26109 Dot 18                                                 Hope this makes some sense. Rob.

Arnie Cunningham

Al Wald and I were going over this a while back.  Both his car and mine are clear glass cars.  None of the glass, to the best of our knowledge, has been out of either car other than the windshields.  The dates are as early as May 69.  I will look to see if I have photos.  You know how taking pictures of glass is tricky.
Brennan
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

pettybird

the logos won't match throughout the set, too.  I'll try to remember to look at the passenger side of the Petty car.

Arnie Cunningham

11 9 PPG
7 9 DPCD
10 9 PPG
9 9 PPG

Rear window 11 9 P
That is all I can get from the photos I have.  Some have the PPG logo, some have the old school
DP
CD
logo.  The rear window had a unique logo - just the letter P.
The dates vary.
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

Mopar John

Thanks for all the replies and keep them coming! The PPG and P are both PPG logos but were from differant PPG manufacturing plants. I was also told usually one PPG plant supplied a specific Chrysler assembly plant? All the Superbird original back glasses had the single P logo.
Thanks!