News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need a quick measurment

Started by drifter69, September 13, 2010, 12:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drifter69

just bought a car trailer and the wheel well covers look a little high. My car is tore down in the body shop and I need to know ballpark what the distance is from the bottom of the door to the ground on a 69.  :scratchchin:

drifter69

Troy

You talking about the fenders? On most trailers you won't be able to open the doors of the Charger once it's loaded. Mine has removable fenders specifically for that purpose. I can get measurements for you this evening but cars don't all have the same ride height.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

drifter69

Thanks, The trailer I bought has messed up fenders so removeable ones is a good idea. I knew there would be diffrent ride hights I was just trying to see if I was even close. I would be interested in seeing how your are attached. do they just pin on? the distance from the top of the fenders to the top of the wheels is inches. It still has got to be close for yours or mabey it's just my trailer. I was thinking of laying down another 2x12 where the tires track if I just need a inch or so. Thanks for responding I was begining to wonder if there was something I did wrong to not get any feedback.

69bronzeT5

My '69 is 13 1/4 inches from the bottom of the door to the ground. It dosen't matter much but it has 215/75/R14's on it....
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

drifter69

Thanks Bronze, my trailer fenders are 10" from the deck to the top, looks like I will be ok without any custom mod's to my trailer. Thanks for getting back to me.

Troy

I was going to say you could use 2"x6" "pads" to park the tires on but you already figured it out.

This is my trailer. The doors actually clear on all my cars but they're very close. The fenders are held on with a rubber handle (think early Jeep hood) at each end. The steel back of the fender drops into "slots" on the frame which takes all the load.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

R2