News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuse block accessory connect?

Started by terrible one, September 19, 2010, 03:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

I'm in the process of hooking up a tachometer and would like to do it without hacking up my new M&H harnesses. I've got the ground and signal done, but need a spot to connect the power source and the illumination wire.

Will either of these empty male terminals on the fuse block be good for an "accessory"  power source? One has orange coming off of it and the other pink. Also, anyone have any splice free ideas for hooking up the white illumination wire?

A383Wing

pink one is probably hot all the time....use the one with key "on" power and it will work fine for power to tach

for illumination tap...get a "fuse" tap and put it next to fuse for your dash light, it sits between end of fuse and the "clamp" on the fuse block...accepts a 1/4" spade terminal.

Or find your bulb power wire for radio and put wire inside before connecting it back together

UFO

It's been a while since I've done wiring,but I recall a factory splice used for the dash lights.Orange if I remember right.One wire that spliced into three separate bulbs or circuits.