News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

aftermarket/extended warranties?!?!? anyone have them on their daily drivers??

Started by HITMAN 149, September 12, 2010, 10:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HITMAN 149

hey guys...
i was wondering if anyone has an extended warranty on their car??
not your charger.. but your daily driver??
im looking at a bmw.. and was curious about a warranty company, not one from the dealer!?!?!?
thanks!!
:cheers:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

jaak

Most extended warranties from the manufacturers are not worth the paper they are written own......much less one from a 'warranty' company.
I hate sayin this being a Mopar guy, but the absolute worse extended warranty I bought was a Chrysler extended warranty on a Neon I bought about 10 years ago.
There might be some better ones out there, just do your homework, and good luck on whatever you choose.

Jason

stripedelete

Quote from: jaak on September 12, 2010, 11:17:02 PM
Most extended warranties from the manufacturers are not worth the paper they are written own......much less one from a 'warranty' company.
I hate sayin this being a Mopar guy, but the absolute worse extended warranty I bought was a Chrysler extended warranty on a Neon I bought about 10 years ago.
There might be some better ones out there, just do your homework, and good luck on whatever you choose.

Jason

The better warranties are those sold by new car dealers on their used cars.  Because you're coming back to that dealership's service department the tendency is not to solicit grief.  With that said, I agree with Jason.  I wouldn't touch either.

Ghoste

When I was in the car retail business, most of the extended warranties that I recall weren't even truly administered by the car maker but were handled through some aftermarket company.  My experience is that they weren't even really warranties but more accurately "repair insurance" policies and like any insurance policy, when you tried to put in a claim, an adjuster would come out and do his very best to deny the claim.  It was also a very high profit center for the dealership.
I know there are people who have had good experience with them but most of the folks I witnessed had bad ones.  :Twocents:

HITMAN 149

yea that's what i heard for the most part... they were just money makers for the dealers... i wasn't sure if anyone had one recentley, and was looking for some feedback...
thanks guys! :cheers:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

68X426

Having been burned once, won't buy one again.

Over twenty years ago, a front drive trans axle broke (+/- 20k miles) and the dealer declared it to be a "wear" item and "owner servicable" item (right, sealed unit) and wouldn't cover it. They said "so take us to court". Worthless paper. There is no honesty out there. :flame:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow