News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paint or Powder Coat Wheels?

Started by Calif240, September 07, 2010, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calif240

Hey guys... proud new owner of a 1969 dodge charger. New to automotive work. The Charger I bought has Vector's on it. I was looking to either powder coat the black portion of the rims or paint them (etch primer, acrylic coat, protective coat). I was wondering what you guys have had experience and what the benefits of both would be? Any help is appreciated!
Thanks all
Calif240
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

bull

IMO powder coating would be better but in this case it would be very expensive due to all the prep work involved.

Calif240

Sounds like it'd just be easier and cheaper to try a really good prep job with acid-etch primer and then paint and put a protective coat on... Any other suggestions or advice for type of paint? I've seen Duplicolor has wheel paint, but not sure if that is the best route.

Thanks

jpsycoboy5

i assume by your name your located in california? If you ever come out to michigan i could powdercoat your rims for you free of charger
1973 dodge charger se was 318 in process of swapping in 440

bull

Quote from: jpsycoboy5 on September 09, 2010, 10:21:31 PM
i assume by your name your located in california? If you ever come out to michigan i could powdercoat your rims for you free of charger

Free of Charger? :lol:

jpsycoboy5

Quote from: bull on September 12, 2010, 12:40:46 AM
Quote from: jpsycoboy5 on September 09, 2010, 10:21:31 PM

Free of Charger? :lol:

Haha my bad I meant charge this damn phone changes words  on me
1973 dodge charger se was 318 in process of swapping in 440

Calif240

Actually, in Indianapolis... Thanks very much for the offer. If I'm gonna be in MI anytime soon, I'll let you know.

Thanks again!