News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cool Challenger magazine ad

Started by troy.70R/T, August 12, 2010, 08:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

This was in my October 2010 Mopar Muscle magazine. I wish I could find a poster like this. Maybe I will go the the Dealership here in town and see if I can get one.

troy.70R/T

At the bottom it says    Let freedom Rev

SnoPro440

I think all the Dodge dealerships got them in about 3 or 4 weeks ago.  You have to ask for it.  I have one hanging in my garage and gave two to a couple of friends.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

troy.70R/T

Thnaks I will have to go ask today.

troy.70R/T

Well apparently my dealership has not seen them. I stood in line at the parts counter for 15 min while 6 Guys did nothing. Well one guy was helping a lady, then he waited on me. When I asked if I could get one They all looked at the magazine ad and said that they had not seen them and did not know how I could get one. Pretty much the same experience I have everytime I go to the dealership here in town. :brickwall: So anyone know of a website where I can get one?

UH60L

Well, my local dealer doesn't have any either, but I can shed a bit of light on where the ad comes from.  It's a still from a recent tv commercial for the challenger.  It was played first during the World Cup soccer match ebtween the US and England.

It starts with a British soldier from that time period running scared through the woods and telling his commander that something is chasing him.  The british soldiers take aim, them not one but 3 black challengers come flying down the hill at them, one being drivn by George Washington, and with the colonial soldiers charging in behind them.

The British soldiers panick and start running away.  The voice-over says, that's a couple things America got right, cars and freedom.

I thought it was great, and laugh every time they play it on tv.

I'd love to get a poster of that too.  I saw another version that says in handwriting at the bottom, "because you can't buy a bald eagle!".

Brock Samson

I'm sure there's an LX or Chally make that a "NeoChally" specific website that would most likely be well aware of the ads..
or Someone here like DS440 or Sixpack from the photoshop page could make one up,.. possibly.. I love that "Cause you can't buy an Eagle" tag line... That's great.
BTW:  I heard a story recently about a friend who had a stuffed eagle in their memorabilia collection of mostly sports stuff, advertising inadvertently showed the stuffed eagle in the background,..
and the guy got some interest in the item, so one day the supposed buyer shows for a look around and shortly thereafter the FBI broke down the door and sized his entire collection - and all because of the Taxied Eagle..   :yesnod:

Ghoste

They are cool posters.  There were a few guys in the swapmeet at the Nats selling them but I hate paying big bucks for current promotional items.  A small fee perhaps but let's not get carried away.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Ghoste on August 16, 2010, 08:22:09 AM
They are cool posters.  There were a few guys in the swapmeet at the Nats selling them but I hate paying big bucks for current promotional items.  A small fee perhaps but let's not get carried away.

The vendor across from the folks selling beer koozies and decals was selling those posters.    I bought some beer koozies but not the posters   :slap:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

FlatbackFanatic

I got my November Hot Rod mag yesterday and they had the poster inside. I put it out in my garage today!! very cool.
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

troy.70R/T

Thanks I will go buy a magazine tommorow. :2thumbs:

Ghoste

The poster or a magazine page sized version of the poster?

Charger74

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 13, 2010, 05:26:12 PM
I'm sure there's an LX or Chally make that a "NeoChally" specific website that would most likely be well aware of the ads..
or Someone here like DS440 or Sixpack from the photoshop page could make one up,.. possibly.. I love that "Cause you can't buy an Eagle" tag line... That's great.
BTW:  I heard a story recently about a friend who had a stuffed eagle in their memorabilia collection of mostly sports stuff, advertising inadvertently showed the stuffed eagle in the background,..
and the guy got some interest in the item, so one day the supposed buyer shows for a look around and shortly thereafter the FBI broke down the door and sized his entire collection - and all because of the Taxied Eagle..   :yesnod:

Not a surprise, it's illegal to even own a eagle feather unless your are a native american.

FlatbackFanatic

Quote from: Ghoste on September 13, 2010, 09:42:41 AM
The poster or a magazine page sized version of the poster?
The poster, 27 1/2 inches x20 1/2 inches.
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

TK73

Shouldn't that be Augustus Caesar and some Centurions?

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Drache

Technically shouldn't the British have been driving the Challengers? I thought they were all made up here in Canada?
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ghoste

Technically maybe, but if they had then they would have won the war. :icon_smile_wink: