News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I FINALLY started my 69 Twin TurboCharger project.

Started by Wilde Racing, September 11, 2010, 11:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked72

Im at the edge of my seat with this build my friend  :drool5:! Im itching for that badass video youll be posting one day!!!!  :2thumbs:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Wilde Racing

I hope I live long enough to make a video.. :rofl:

A little more done. The left side gate is done, so the only thing left for the manifolds is to touch up a few ugly welds, weld in eight EGT probe bosses, weld in two drive pressure fitting bosses, a bit more welding in the merge and a little port clean up. I'm beyond burnt out on the headers, so I'll come back to most of this stuff later........

Here is the progress of the left side...
Connect to holes...

O.K now to move on to the A/C compressor bracket, first, I can not draw well but I wanted something unique. I had planed on a March-ish looking bracket but my wife gave me this idea so I appeased her and drew it up. I ended up liked it enough to try and make it. Turned out O.K imo, but I still have a bit of clean up to it. It also serves as a way to identify what family I belong to if the unthinkable happens, theft deterrent, and more proof I do things the hard/long/waste of time way.......

I plan in building another pivot support for the rear of the A/C pump, the I'll use an adjustable rod to tighten the belt. Never mind the bolt holding the alternator up, it was just used to position the alternator for more brain storming........
Twin Turbo, Fuel Injected, Coil-on-Plug, 69 Charger.
Little to no cutting to make it all fit.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,73346.0.html

westcoastdodge

I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

TK73

Who was that guy long time ago had the TT '71 in Portland?
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

TK73

This guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H49pBLfcH6A

I might be wrong about Portland... seems there was a guy here that turbo'd a /6 and was in Portland.
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Wilde Racing

Quote from: TK73 on July 17, 2011, 08:48:00 PM
This guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H49pBLfcH6A

I might be wrong about Portland... seems there was a guy here that turbo'd a /6 and was in Portland.

Crap, I hope mine runs half that good.....

SRT-68

Fantastic work my friend! Love the A/C bracket but those hedders are a piece of art. Well done.         :popcrn:

Wilde Racing

Thanks SRT-68

Thread/project from the dead......

I have been busy these last few months with a new job, the birth of my son, and a move. (I HATE moving btw)  Anyway, I have had very little time to work on the charger but I'm trying to sneak out to the garage (now a little two car garage) when I can.....

I just made this piece and I'm a bit proud (hints the post) of the way it turned out. I needed some way to connect my budget turbos to the down pipe as these turbos use a sealing ring instead of a V-band. The OE piece is cast so I made this guy that I can weld to instead...

The factory adapter pipe is siting on top..

Seal ring groove cut, inside step turned to accept the pipe and tapering the end to make welding easier.

Finished piece, one down, one to go.

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Finn

Nice fit! Been wondering what happened to this project. Glad to see you're still going on it.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Charger4404spd

Wilde Racing

Thanks guys. I managed to sneak out to the garage for a few more hours this afternoon. I need to attach my tone ring to the crank, I bought a 440source aluminum crank pulley but it is too thin to drill and tap this is the best solution I could come up. Basically I will machine a washer that will have three bolts that bolt from the inside of the pulley, then I can drill and tap the "washer" for the ring.

I started out with some left over stuff from the accy. bracket, I wanted to save as much as I could so I used the rotatory table to cut it out.

As you can see, I'm no damn machinist....  :icon_smile_tongue:

Test fit, and then rough cut it with the band saw..

Thinning it up a bit.

Chuck it in the lathe and spend an hour or two making it round and adding a taper..

Pretty good I think, just need a bit more out for the taper, then I need to drill and tap all the holes.

Here is what it will look like once it is finished.

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

djcarguy

Wilde and awsume work going on ,wondered what or if car was around.  what you doing or planning to get all that heat out of engine compartment?  lots of hood vents or few blower fan,to suck heat away from intake and fuel system?    use to rebuild and install turbos for a caterpillar dealer,years ago.man the heat was always cracking the exhaust housings and cooking the turbo bearings.will be a wilde set up and ride..dj

Wilde Racing

Thanks guys,

All the pressure side exhaust will be thermo coated inside and out, I will also use lots of heat shields.

I managed to duplicate the exhaust fitting and I finished up the pulley mounty thinggy....

Next up on the never ending list.... Finish accessory brackets including power steering mount, tack down pipes including gate dumps, route turbo drains, mock and tack all EGT bosses. Once all of that is done the engine is coming back out and I can start wrapping up the turbo side of this project....

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

PocketThunder

Quote from: Wilde Racing on January 15, 2012, 11:47:59 PMAs you can see, I'm no damn machinist....  :icon_smile_tongue:

No damn machinist?!  :o  Are you kidding us, you make me look like a peasant farmer from the dark ages trying to change a wagon wheel.   :slap:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

XS29LA47V21

:2thumbs:  I have reoccurring dreams of such beasts, but lack the skills, focus, knowledge, time and my financial dedication is  :slap: focused elsewhere........  I am glad to see someone shoehorning a set up like this in a factory hole of a 69, cool stuff.   Please put me in line on the long list by now I am sure for a ride.   The car that I am working on is at a buddy's for paint/body.... reluctantly norrowed down away from a turbo idea or Hemi and heading towards stroker or procharger route I think  :scratchchin:  you gona be makin&selling those headers?????

nvrbdn

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 03, 2012, 10:09:07 AM
Quote from: Wilde Racing on January 15, 2012, 11:47:59 PMAs you can see, I'm no damn machinist....  :icon_smile_tongue:

No damn machinist?!  :o  Are you kidding us, you make me look like a peasant farmer from the dark ages trying to change a wagon wheel.   :slap:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Wilde Racing on January 15, 2012, 11:47:59 PMAs you can see, I'm no damn machinist....  :icon_smile_tongue:

You're doing a flat out incredible job.  Amazing hindsight & ability.

I only wish I had the talent you have in one of your pinkie fingers as I'm sure a lot of members would attest to.

Thanks for taking us along for the ride.   :2thumbs:

Bob T

Mad skills Mr Wilde, there's a Leviathan escaped and its got into your engine bay   :lol:  .
Great thread, quite a read, Thanks for the update  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Wilde Racing

Quote from: nvrbdn on February 01, 2012, 10:10:59 PM
incredible imagination. great work :2thumbs:

Thanks, no if I only would have imagined the car running..... :icon_smile_tongue:

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 03, 2012, 10:09:07 AM
Quote from: Wilde Racing on January 15, 2012, 11:47:59 PMAs you can see, I'm no damn machinist....  :icon_smile_tongue:

LOL, I mentioned the "No damn machinist" because of the way I go about making parts, I know there are better "more correct" ways, but I have no clue and it's a learning as I go type of thing....

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on February 03, 2012, 10:36:12 AM
:2thumbs:  I have reoccurring dreams of such beasts, but lack the skills, focus, knowledge, time and my financial dedication is  :slap: focused elsewhere........  I am glad to see someone shoehorning a set up like this in a factory hole of a 69, cool stuff.   Please put me in line on the long list by now I am sure for a ride.   The car that I am working on is at a buddy's for paint/body.... reluctantly norrowed down away from a turbo idea or Hemi and heading towards stroker or procharger route I think  :scratchchin:  you gona be makin&selling those headers?????

I doubt I'll ever make another set of headers unless I quite my day job. But I also dream of driving this charger with a faint whistle of monsters HP chaos under the hood...

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 04, 2012, 02:12:01 AM

You're doing a flat out incredible job.  Amazing hindsight & ability.

I only wish I had the talent you have in one of your pinkie fingers as I'm sure a lot of members would attest to.

Thanks for taking us along for the ride.   :2thumbs:

WOW, Thank you but I think you don't give yourself enough credit. Also I think there are those of use who would like to do more work themselves but lack the opportunity more than the ability.

Quote from: Bob T on February 04, 2012, 04:30:44 AM
Mad skills Mr Wilde, there's a Leviathan escaped and its got into your engine bay   :lol:  .
Great thread, quite a read, Thanks for the update  :2thumbs:

I had to "Google" Leviathan to figure out what the hell it meant, but thanks lets just hope it lives someday soon.... :shruggy:

Well I'm heading back out for a few hours, wish me luck. I'll video the test drive......

J/K

tan top

:coolgleamA:  clever stuff  , keep the updates & pictures coming  :popcrn: :popcrn: :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

flyboyedwards

Damn Dude, you have some CRAZY SKILLS!!! If the Day job loses its flavor, consider welding up nascar tubes, aircraft tubing airframes, machining some wilde parts for us other Charger nuts, or whatever!!!!
AWESOME PROJECT!!!!