News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need C500 grill mounting help

Started by plumfloored, September 07, 2010, 12:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plumfloored

So we are building a 69 Charger that we want to run the 500 style front grill. We already have a 68 Coronet grill, and a 69 Charger grill that is missing the plastic portion. we have searched the internet for close up photos with no luck
So the questions are....
Is there a "filler" panel between the top of the bumper and the grill?
how does the top of the grill tie into the metal latch tray?
what do the headlight fillers looks like?
what do the headlight buckets look like?
does anyone make these parts?
thanks
Ben
Plum Floored Creations

hotrod98

It's a whole lot more complicated than I ever knew. There are several threads on here telling how to do it.  You still need the headlamp bezels, a set of headlamp mounting panels and the kit from Dayclona with all of the fillers and seals. You won't use anything from the 69 grille assembly other than the headlamp sealed beams and wiring.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemi68charger

Here's one of a couple of threads on the subject..  

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,20745.0.html

If you need particulars, I'll try and help.. I've owned two; one gone, one still at home............
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

plumfloored

Thanks for the help! the pictures show everything we needed to know, chrysler really did it quick and dirty to say the least! I never noticed the lack of a filler panel between the bumper and grill, and the top of the grill and the latch assembly!
That was a huge help
thanks

xs29j8Bullitt

If you need more pics, I have a good assortment from the dis-assembly of my Charger 500... but Troy (hemi68charger) is the real "subject matter expert" when it comes to C500 headlight/grille mounting.

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,