News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cam installation help

Started by chargd72, September 22, 2010, 08:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

Ok guys, I'm ready to tackle this for the first time.  I've read a lot of threads about what procedures are necessary to install a new cam but a lot of the products mentioned were about 2-3 years ago.  With regulations being implemented each year, what is a good break in oil/additive I can get at a local auto store?  Also, is regular assembly lube ok for the cam and lifters before they go in?  Or does it have to be specifically labeled cam lube?  

Thanks for helping me not pay for two engines.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

elacruze

Can get this at NAPA-
http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?R=RPR11487_0021047477

Cam lube should come with the cam, or you can get it at whatever your local performance shop is.

Most important thing is to maintain 2500 RPM for 10-15 minutes-be sure to have your timing light handy and the cooling system ready to go before starting.

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

chargd72

Thanks e  :cheers:

Cam lube did come with it, just didn't look like very much.  Going to pick up some RP right now.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger