News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Opinions Needed for New Dash Woodgrain Decal Kits - What's the Verdict???

Started by Mfr426, December 22, 2005, 02:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Hey Folks, I'm looking for ANY comments from anyone who has purchased the woodgrain dash kits for their Charger. I know that performance car has them but I've seen other posts that say that there are others that are superior? I did my decals for the gauges years ago with good success. They were from Performance Car. I am going to have to do my faceplates now and would like to hear some thoughts from those that have done this process.

Anyone care to comment on 1) the best quality ones (and where they got them from) and 2) any hints to putting these things on?

Thanks all for the help. Charger is getting closer every day.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Mike R in Reading PA

Mfr426

Thanks Chris. The thread didnt have any solution it looks like. All I need is the woodgrain decal. I did the gauges years ago and the trim looks good. It's just that tired old woodgrain that I am after.

Any other comments would be great. I know that YO, Paddock and PCG sell the kits. Who is the best and is there any other company offering it?

Any pics after putting on a kit?

Thanks all!

Just 6T9 CHGR

In that thread was this link to an ebay ad

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Charger-Rally-Dash-woodgrain-Overlays-New-HEMI_W0QQitemZ4596377304QQcategoryZ80736QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It looked good in the respect that it was for the original woodgrain overlays and looked like it "formed" to the contors well (I think you use a hairdrier or something)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

Ahhhhhhhhhhh...got it now! Thanks for pointing that link out.

That does look nice but the shots are dark. I'm going to email the guy and see if he has any better shots. Looks interesting though the way it wraps around. Someone put some thought into the kit.

Thanks Chris!

Mike

jaak

Mfr426

I thought the same thing and emailed the seller. He says that he is going to send me some picks that are no so dark. I'm hoping that it's just the photos and they are lighter.

If  get the pics I'll send them to this tread.

Mfr426

Well, I emailed a guy who just got these overlays and put them on and says that they are really nice. I also got better shots of the actual woodgrain from the seller when I requested them. After that investigation I decided to pull the trigger on this kit. If you want a close up shot of the material let me know and I'll post a shot or two.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4600057660

Price was fair and his feedback is excellent. I guess I'll be restoring my dash sooner than I had thought...

::)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Good luck Mike and let us know how it turns out.   A step by step pictorial would be nice to add to the archives as well....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

I should be able to do that. I'm going to start with the trim over the glove box to get my confidence up and then move to the gauge cluster. I'll try to take before/during and after shots...

Mike