News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rotor problems

Started by HOTROD, August 24, 2010, 10:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOTROD

OK trying this again this is my rotor and order new ones keep getting the one I do not want can anyone identify or help me  :brickwall:
What the Hell-Dumass !

HOTROD

Quote from: HOTROD on August 24, 2010, 10:05:25 PM
OK trying this again this is my rotor and order new ones keep getting the one I do not want can anyone identify or help me  :brickwall:
What the Hell-Dumass !

HOTROD

Quote from: HOTROD on August 24, 2010, 10:20:22 PM
Quote from: HOTROD on August 24, 2010, 10:05:25 PM
What the Hell-Dumass !

HOTROD

2nd is the one that looks like the original one
3rd is the one I do not want and is 1/8 off all the way around  reorder4 times and they keep getting it wrong (Advance Auto ) called today still no help we can give u you money back  :flame:
So what do u guys think ???????
What the Hell-Dumass !

bull

More info needed. If this is a Charger it does not look stock. It's hard to tell for all the rust but it looks like you've got a single piston caliper there and the Charger (2nd gen for sure anyway) came with four piston calipers. If I were to hazard a guess I would say you've got the old A-body spindle/C-body rotor/E-body caliper upgrade and what you need are C-body rotors. What are you asking for at the parts store exactly?

BTW, if that first pic is of your car I wouldn't use those calipers either. :o Do those rotors even move at all?

HOTROD

Every thing is from a 79 dodge magnum- I got from this guy that service Dodge cars (retired) he worked for the dealers he keep a lot of cars (and no you can not have his number) he helped me, told me he has a 413 if and when i need it !
Getting to the rotors just bought everything new but they sent me these -the one in the middle is the ones that matches ( want to use) but they can`t find another !!!
Third rotor is the one they sent---and I keep reordering 5times still same dam one !!!
OK so WHAT do u guys think just use the 3rd one  :slap: I did mount that one and the calper for mock up !!
:brickwall:
Need in put !!
What the Hell-Dumass !

HPP

Maybe its just me, but I can' tell what the difference is between the picture of the two new rotors are. Could  you expand on that a bit, please. Is one a smaller diameter than the other or what?

bull

So from what I can tell you're saying you've got one that's right and a second from the same parts store that is not right. I'm not sure what we can do here to help you deal with the people at the parts store. :shruggy: If you know what you need and can't get the parts store to give it to you, go somewhere else.

Ebay currently has 30 matches for OE and drilled and/or slotted rotors for a 79 Magnum: http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from=R40&_trksid=m39&_nkw=79+dodge+magnum+rotors

Q-ship

HOTROD, It appears from your photos that the rusty rotors are early 11.75 inch two piece units.

I am not sure, but I believe that only the one piece rotors are available nowdays in the 11.75" size, so that may be why you are only finding the smaller rotors when you order them.

In any event, they are definitely not from a 79 Magnum as they used the one piece rotors.

The one or two piece rotors will interchange, but the one piece units are much better.

Try ordering for a 78 Cordoba, as they used the same one piece rotors.

HOTROD

Quote from: bull on August 30, 2010, 11:48:25 AM
So from what I can tell you're saying you've got one that's right and a second from the same parts store that is not right. I'm not sure what we can do here to help you deal with the people at the parts store. :shruggy: If you know what you need and can't get the parts store to give it to you, go somewhere else.

Ebay currently has 30 matches for OE and drilled and/or slotted rotors for a 79 Magnum: http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from=R40&_trksid=m39&_nkw=79+dodge+magnum+rotors

Thank's I think  I will just get my money back and get those    !!
What the Hell-Dumass !

HOTROD

Quote from: Q-ship on August 30, 2010, 05:01:03 PM
HOTROD, It appears from your photos that the rusty rotors are early 11.75 inch two piece units.

I am not sure, but I believe that only the one piece rotors are available nowdays in the 11.75" size, so that may be why you are only finding the smaller rotors when you order them.

In any event, they are definitely not from a 79 Magnum as they used the one piece rotors.

The one or two piece rotors will interchange, but the one piece units are much better.

Try ordering for a 78 Cordoba, as they used the same one piece rotors.
NO you wrong the 2nd rotor looks just like the oringal rusty one !!! 3rd one looks like a dart rotor !!??
What the Hell-Dumass !