News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chop Cut Rebuild is doing a 69 charger this season.......

Started by Back N Black, August 27, 2010, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

Quote from: thedodgeboys on February 14, 2011, 08:14:31 PM
Next Saturday at 6:30 central time is the repeat and seven is the next new one. BTW if you go to the search function of your sat box and type in Chop Cut rebuild it will find them for you. :) 

Yep, I found it with the programming guide as it saves me typing it in with a remote. And I thought typing on phones was annoying. Sheesh.

As it turns out SPEED is a free preview for this month. So looks like I will get about 4-5 shows and then that's it. Have to wait for syndication.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Back N Black on February 14, 2011, 07:19:38 PM
A little of the topic, but Dan what do you have in your own personal garage? if you don't mind me asking.  :2thumbs:

Great question! ...I'd love to know :2thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

IIRC he has/had a Bricklin....other than that maybe a Prius?

:nana:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Cooter

Quote from: Back N Black on February 06, 2011, 08:39:46 PM
Quote from: harddrivin1le on February 06, 2011, 08:29:31 PM
Quote from: Magnumcharger on February 06, 2011, 11:33:24 AM
Quote from: UFO on February 06, 2011, 11:25:26 AM
Looking at a old road test of a charger 500,hemi 4spd 3.23- 13.60 107 mph.
Looks like that is on a F70 series tire.

A different mag ran a 13.48 109mph with a car having a 4.10 rear gear.

Exactly! Stock 425hp 426 Hemi, narrow bias-ply tires, no traction compound, no advantageous first gear, no overdrive top gear, no lightweight wheels and tube front suspension, no aluminum heads or lightweight headers, and the list goes on.

This Hemified Charger should have been into the 12s, if not lower. My  :Twocents:

With all due respect, I have more than 40 original 426 Hemi car road tests, many of which were performed on 9" wide drag slicks prior running.  Some were driven by professional drag racers like Ronnie Sox.  Many were professionally tuned/"tweaked" on the spot by factory mechanics.  And some were factory "ringers."  And the only example I'm aware of that touched 109 MPH on the quarter was a Ronnie Sox driven Road Runner that has been fitted with a "Racer Brown" cam and open headers.  

Despite all that, not a single one cracked the 13.2 barrier and most of them were slower.  105 MPH was considered very fast for a truly production line stock 426 Hemi Charger, as obtained by CAR LIFE in 1969.

The engine was rated at 425 Gross HP; it produced roughly 375 SAE Net HP when "perfectly tuned" (but otherwise bone stock), which is the way engines in the US have been rated since the 1972 model year.  Truly production line stock 426 Hemi cars have difficulty cracking 300 rear wheel horsepower on Dynojet inertia dynos.

In fact, Dodge and Plymouth provided both gross AND net HP figures in their 1971 product literature and they rated the 426 Hemi at 350 SAE Net HP.  http://www.stockmopar.com/_images/brochures/1971-plymouth-rapid-transit-system-brochure/1971-plymouth-rapid-transit-system-brochure-12.jpg

So what a '68+ Hemi Charger boils downs to is a 4,100 pound+ car powered by a 350 - 375 HP engine.  That's not a fact car by modern standards.  It could be MADE much faster through modifications, but so can most other cars.

So why is there so much hype over a HEMI Engine?  a 440 can reach that HP with little modifications.

ZACTLY!!! Finally, someone asked this question.....I've been saying this for YEARS.....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Khyron

saying it for years? I always piss the HEMI people off with that, more power cheaper with the 440 :-)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

68X426

Quote from: Cooter on February 14, 2011, 09:30:41 PM
ZACTLY!!! Finally, someone asked this question.....I've been saying this for YEARS.....

Quote from: Khyron on February 15, 2011, 12:17:41 AM
saying it for years? I always piss the HEMI people off with that, more power cheaper with the 440 :-)

On behalf of Hemi people, we know what you've both been saying for years. You're right. So now what. :shruggy:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Ghoste

You can also go much faster for a lot less money by putting a hot engine into a Plymouth Scamp.
So why are we on a site with all the cool kids? :icon_smile_wink:

nvrbdn

i knew a guy that put a 440 in a gremlin. it was mean if you could keep it planted.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ccr-host

Quote from: Back N Black on February 14, 2011, 07:19:38 PM
A little of the topic, but Dan what do you have in your own personal garage? if you don't mind me asking.  :2thumbs:

I just sold my Bricklin at the Russo & Steele auction - not Barrett-Jackson! :o)

In the driveway at the moment is a 1972 Beetle I just bought for my daughter from an impound. She's working with Josh at Hot Rod's to get it up and going. It's running pretty sweet right now. She wants to restore it and start a blog on how to do it cheaper than her Dad can do it.  :2thumbs:

There is also a very nice, copper colored 1969 Charger arriving in a few days for a visit. The grocery getter is a 2003 Xterra and the production van is there too.

Looking for a 23 - 25 ft. RV for this season's mobile office to add to the fleet.

TUFCAT

Hmmm, I thought you would have somewhat of a "collection"  :scratchchin:

Dans 68

Quote from: TUFCAT on February 16, 2011, 02:11:13 PM
Hmmm, I thought you would have somewhat of a "collection"  :scratchchin:

Hah!  :rofl:  I suspect that Dan has to work for a living like the rest of us. Good show, by the way. I don't believe I have said that yet.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

ccr-host

Quote from: Dans 68 on February 16, 2011, 02:19:04 PM
Hmmm, I thought you would have somewhat of a "collection"  :scratchchin:

Hah!  :rofl:  I suspect that Dan has to work for a living like the rest of us. Good show, by the way. I don't believe I have said that yet.  :2thumbs:

Dan

You are correct, sir! :icon_smile_big:

ccr-host

OK, here's something for those who wanted a piece of the XP Charger. The car has been returned to its original SEMA presentation condition. So, we are selling the complete MSD ignition system used on the show for the track passes... AND the cheater slicks used on the track.

There are two separate auctions:

Ignition Kit. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180627331282

Drag Tires. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180627159248&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

ccr-host

Hmmm, I thought you would have somewhat of a "collection"  :scratchchin:

The only thing I seem to collect is BILLS! I've got a nice stack of them right now. ;)

thedodgeboys

Quote from: ccr-host on February 17, 2011, 12:24:33 AM
OK, here's something for those who wanted a piece of the XP Charger. The car has been returned to its original SEMA presentation condition. So, we are selling the complete MSD ignition system used on the show for the track passes... AND the cheater slicks used on the track.

Drag Tires. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180627159248&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Thats a sweet deal those tires have never been smoked  :nana: :nana: :hah:

Khyron

Quote from: 68X426 on February 15, 2011, 02:23:05 AM
On behalf of Hemi people, we know what you've both been saying for years. You're right. So now what. :shruggy:

admit you luv me :nana:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

ccr-host

Quote from: thedodgeboys on February 17, 2011, 08:15:39 PM

Thats a sweet deal those tires have never been smoked  :nana: :nana: :hah:

Painfully true!  :rotz:

ccr-host

Ignition Kit. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180627331282

Hey??? Isn't anyone here bidding on this stuff?? If you are, let me know and I'll throw in an autographed CCR license plate for you... with Josh from Hot Rods signature  :smilielol: ...Just kidding.

Mikesmoparperformance

Cool where can I see the episode or download? Woulde love to see it! how that charger gets restored!
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

djcarguy

WANT THE SHORT OR LONG STORY:::: GET A 69 CHARGER,CUT INTO A MILLION PIECES.SAVE THE VIN TAG DASH MAYBE AND WINSHIELD POST AND INNER ROOF TIN.SAVE MISC BRAKETS AND ????? REPLACE THE BODY AND DRIVE TRAIN AND PAINTAND ASSEMBLE........THE END.. :icon_smile_blackeye: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :smilielol:

JUST KIDDING CAR CAME OUT GREAT ,LOOKS GREAT,AND CAUSED 41 PAGES HERE.. :2thumbs: :drool5: :drool5:

charge-it

Dan, why buy a collection of cool musclecars when you get to drive them for free. Sort of the old saying of why buy the cow....My only hope is that all the critics haven't soured you and your show on maybe saving another Mopar someday that otherwise probably would have been reclaimed by mother earth if you guys hadn't stepped in.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

nvrbdn

Quote from: ccr-host on February 22, 2011, 06:59:01 PM

this stuff doesnt do me any good, i have 383's and 15" wheels. :rotz:

Hey??? Isn't anyone here bidding on this stuff?? If you are, let me know and I'll throw in an autographed CCR license plate for you... with Josh from Hot Rods signature  :smilielol: ...Just kidding.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ccr-host

More of me to mock... This friday (March 18th) I will be talking with Fireball Tim and DB over at the Hollywood Garage podcast. If any of you would like to give it a listen, it will be episode #6 here's the link: http://thehollywoodgarage.com

I'm sure they'll have lots of questions about the Charger and the Vette this season. Also, some insight to our new season, which just started production... Of course there will be the manditory "make fun of Canadians" segment, too. ::)

TUFCAT

lexxman

Quote from: ccr-host on March 15, 2011, 02:05:29 PM
More of me to mock... This friday (March 18th) I will be talking with Fireball Tim and DB over at the Hollywood Garage podcast. If any of you would like to give it a listen, it will be episode #6 here's the link: http://thehollywoodgarage.com

I'm sure they'll have lots of questions about the Charger and the Vette this season. Also, some insight to our new season, which just started production... Of course there will be the manditory "make fun of Canadians" segment, too. ::)

That sounds good Dan,I will have to check that out. Now why would anyone make fun of us Canadians.Eh :lol: