News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chop Cut Rebuild is doing a 69 charger this season.......

Started by Back N Black, August 27, 2010, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccr-host

Quote from: TruckDriver on February 04, 2011, 07:24:39 PM
Hey Dan, I hope you plan to hang around here since the car is or will be done soon.

I certainly will. They still can't get rid of me on the Bricklin board.  :icon_smile_big:

I may have to split some of my time on Abodies.com next season, though.

thedodgeboys

Dan that's http://www.forabodiesonly.com  :icon_smile_big:
Or www.bigblockdart.com  :yesnod: if you have your heart set on little cars.

The road runner would be better totally different car then that charger.

So were is the charger now what are it's plans?

Magnumcharger

Okay, I'm watching the last episode of this series right now.
Man! That Charger sure looks good!
It's such a luxury in this day and age to not only be able to buy a brand new 426 Hemi, but all of the sheetmetal needed to resurrect a 1969 Dodge Charger! Who could have ever anticipated this?

Now to see how it did against that Supercharged 'Vette.....

hmmmmm.....14.7 @ 93 mph........FACK!!! :rotz:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

nvrbdn

i would have expected more of a launch, but that was a good finish to take her out for a run after the fact. good job recapping the build. the car was absolutely awesome at sema. too much time spent on the vette  :smilielol: great show dan.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

Quote from: Magnumcharger on February 05, 2011, 08:16:38 AM
It's such a luxury in this day and age to not only be able to buy a brand new 426 Hemi, but all of the sheetmetal needed to resurrect a 1969 Dodge Charger! Who could have ever anticipated this?

the driiver was a little suspect   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

thedodgeboys

WOW  :o Dan you need one more episode my stock 09 Challenger can do better than that   :nana:

what was with the plastic bag at the back of the carbs in the sema shots and the green tape on the water pump?  :'( :'( :'(

P.S. I still enjoyed the show and your post on DC.com  :popcrn:

ccr-host

Quote from: moparstuart on February 05, 2011, 09:59:38 AM
Quote from: Magnumcharger on February 05, 2011, 08:16:38 AM

the driiver was a little suspect   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :nana:

The driver was lost more than suspect... Did you all see the smoke? Made me a little nervous, so I let up a little and the Vette blew by me. But, I had his butt off the line!

ccr-host

Quote from: thedodgeboys on February 05, 2011, 01:01:18 PM
WOW  :o Dan you need one more episode my stock 09 Challenger can do better than that   :nana:

what was with the plastic bag at the back of the carbs in the sema shots and the green tape on the water pump?  :'( :'( :'(

P.S. I still enjoyed the show and your post on DC.com  :popcrn:

Damn... I knew we forgot something!  :brickwall:

ccr-host

Quote from: BigBlockSam on February 05, 2011, 12:03:51 PM
Bricklins, i like Bricklins

Yes, there's so few cars that require protective headgear when exiting and entering. :rofl:

FlatbackFanatic

Like I've said before, I really like your show. I always can't wait for the next season, I've liked the different cars and trucks that have had restored, with your help. Thanks for having the show for all of us motorheads!!! :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

ccr-host

Quote from: FlatbackFanatic on February 05, 2011, 01:56:19 PM
Like I've said before, I really like your show. I always can't wait for the next season, I've liked the different cars and trucks that have had restored, with your help. Thanks for having the show for all of us motorheads!!! :2thumbs:

I only do it because they pay me!  :icon_smile_wink:

TUFCAT

The Corvette didn't do so well either...a  new showroom stock 2010 Corvette would have kicked its ass

Overall you did a great job Dan, I really enjoyed this series.  Your narration was top notch as usual. 

Magnumcharger

Of course, the final bit of business concerning this Charger should involve taking it back to a track and getting a REAL timeslip out of it.

Since this is Shaffi's car, and it appears that it was HIS company's transmission that caused all the problems at the Pinks shoot-out, then he MUST vindicate both this car and his company by proving the worth of his components!

If I was Ray Barton, I'd ask for my engine back!  :flame:

DC_1

Quote from: Magnumcharger on February 05, 2011, 06:17:54 PM
Of course, the final bit of business concerning this Charger should involve taking it back to a track and getting a REAL timeslip out of it.

Since this is Shaffi's car, and it appears that it was HIS company's transmission that caused all the problems at the Pinks shoot-out, then he MUST vindicate both this car and his company by proving the worth of his components!

If I was Ray Barton, I'd ask for my engine back!  :flame:

What he said......

TUFCAT

Quote from: Sydmoe on February 05, 2011, 07:00:55 PM

What he said......

:iagree: I really wanted to see what the old gal was capable of..... fuggetabout that Corvette. :moon:

Daytona R/T SE

Well, I did learn one thing from today's episode....

I'll be buying All of my transmission stuff from....

...Passon's  :drive:

http://www.passonperformance.com/

472 R/T SE

Quote from: ccr-host on February 05, 2011, 01:43:07 PM

The driver was lost more than suspect... Did you all see the smoke? Made me a little nervous, so I let up a little and the Vette blew by me. But, I had his butt off the line!

Something else you'll learn about Mopar.  The first few generation Hemi crate motors are pretty much junk & all bellow blue smoke fresh out of the crate.  

You sure this is a Barton motor & not a MP boat anchor?   :ohhthesarcasm:

ccr-host

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on February 05, 2011, 11:30:04 PM
Well, I did learn one thing from today's episode....

I'll be buying All of my transmission stuff from....

...Passon's  :drive:

http://www.passonperformance.com/

I'm sure everything you try works perfectly the first time, right? ;) This was a car with less than 50 miles on it and a prototype transmission. The tranny itself performed great. The problem was the clutch pressure, which could have been an installation problem too. It worked great a week later in California! But, I'm sure Passon transmissions are perfect and have never had problems! I hear they don't even tell you their return address because nothing ever needs to be returned! :icon_smile_big: Get a grip! Would you prefer we lie and tell you everything was a perfect fit and there were no problems? That kind of television is available, if you prefer it.

ccr-host

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 06, 2011, 12:44:44 AM

Something else you'll learn about Mopar.  The first few generation Hemi crate motors are pretty much junk & all bellow blue smoke fresh out of the crate.  

You sure this is a Barton motor & not a MP boat anchor?   :ohhthesarcasm:

We checked into it and it was a small leak at the rear main that went un-noticed during the dyno test and we didn't push the engine very hard on the road tests so it wasn't noticable. It was a quick fix. Ahh, the bumps and grinds of a hand built car! Nothing new there.  ::)

doctor4766

Can't wait to see the final few episodes of your show Dan.
I've been watching recorded episodes so far and can't wait to catch up.
Anyone ever tell you that you remind them of Tim Allen? (Din mean that in a bad way btw)
Gotta love a '69

Magnumcharger

Quote from: ccr-host on February 06, 2011, 05:55:00 AM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 06, 2011, 12:44:44 AM

You sure this is a Barton motor & not a MP boat anchor?   :ohhthesarcasm:

We checked into it and it was a small leak at the rear main that went un-noticed during the dyno test and we didn't push the engine very hard on the road tests so it wasn't noticable. It was a quick fix. Ahh, the bumps and grinds of a hand built car! Nothing new there.  ::)

Dan, working out the kinks in a new car build is nothing new to any of us. In fact, it would have been entirely reasonable to see an entire episode of CCR devoted to seeing how much of the Charger's components had to be readjusted.
I fully realize that you all were under a time crunch. And it was entirely unreasonable for you to have to test a completely unproven product against a factory-built performance car, albeit with an add-on supercharger.
For all of us hangers-on, faithfully watching this series unfold over the course of the last few months, and waving the Charger banner in support of this build, to have this wrap up in the manner it has is very disappointing.
To save face, and to prove it's worth, I'm going to ask you and Shafi Keisler to take the Charger back to an official racetrack and get a REAL run in.
Post the video on your Youtube CCR page.

We NEED some better numbers than that!! - If only for closure.

Ghoste

I don't know that I would have anything bad to say about Passon in any way.  Their reputation is as good and probably much better than a lot of other companies in the aftermarket industry.  Especially on the customer service front.

UFO

QuoteWe NEED some better numbers than that!! - If only for closure.

Even the numbers for the vette are off.