News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chop Cut Rebuild is doing a 69 charger this season.......

Started by Back N Black, August 27, 2010, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Quote from: ccr-host on January 02, 2011, 06:07:42 AM
Quote from: TUFCAT on January 01, 2011, 05:04:57 PM
Amen brother!  :cheers:

Bottom line.... everyone of us would like to be the proud owner of this car. :bow:

Interesting how there's not as many jabs about "Chop Cut Ruin" being posted since more episodes and the car has been completed, huh??? See, people should never assume anything!  :icon_smile_big:

Or some of us who aren't that crazy about the general direction of the car were just mature enough to know that making our point and leaving it is enough.  Afterall whats done is done and at the end of the day it is Keisler's car to do whatever he wishes with.  Me whining endlessly about the wheels or something doesn't change it.  Although I also have to admit your show is different from the typical Foose type junk and it did go a much different way than I first thought myself.  The title might have something to do with public perception?  The overwhelming and tiresome number of "reality" shows out there have likely left a lot of guys jaded too.  I don't know though, it's just my opinion, you're the entertainment expert. :lol:

BigBlockSam

i'd be proud to own and fry the tires off of this car . it's not  a cheaply built car but i see why some of the purists have problems with it .

now , my complaint is with the format of your show . although you've gotten better.

i use to tivo ccr but i got fed up with the on air interviews . every time your explaining something you cut to someone sitting there talking . who cares what they look like . show the work being done or the parts , anything but more people talking . it bothered   me so much that i stopped tivo-ing it . i came back to see the charger build and like i said it seems like you guys realized it a bit cause you got a little better this season. Car Crazy does that too but there show is a bout the car people . yours is about the projects .  i might start tivo-ing ccr again . :Twocents:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

KEISLER

Quote from: Ghoste on January 02, 2011, 12:31:25 PM
As far as you know personally, no 383 cars were built with torque boxes.  There are all kinds of things we can all assume all the rest of our lives but until some form of documentation comes up, it is all just speculation and every guess is equally valid.

Both of the original XP HEMI doors are intact, and show they are factory HEMI-badged doors.  Galen saw this for himself.  It's not a 383 car.

Ghoste

ccr-host

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 02, 2011, 12:44:39 PM
i'd be proud to own and fry the tires off of this car . it's not  a cheaply built car but i see why some of the purists have problems with it .

now , my complaint is with the format of your show . although you've gotten better.

i use to tivo ccr but i got fed up with the on air interviews . every time your explaining something you cut to someone sitting there talking . who cares what they look like . show the work being done or the parts , anything but more people talking . it bothered   me so much that i stopped tivo-ing it . i came back to see the charger build and like i said it seems like you guys realized it a bit cause you got a little better this season. Car Crazy does that too but there show is a bout the car people . yours is about the projects .  i might start tivo-ing ccr again . :Twocents:

You have a very good eye! Yes, we have shortened the face time for the interviews. As a rule, we only have the interview/closeups on screen for 3 to 5 seconds. Just long enough to establish who is talking. Generally, those interviews explain the process. They also explain the challenges (if any) and/or the ease of a part installation. I don't do the interviews because the show is actually a video diary and my comments are the narrative of the day. The interviews are a common feature of documentary style. Although, they have been bastardized by many shows like American Chopper to express feelings of anger or frustration about the personalities of others instead of explaining the process of their builds.

I've always believed that television is the highest form of imitation. By that I mean a hit show will be analyzed to death in search of its "formula". That formula is then applied to another concept and... Voila; a new series is born! This new dysfunctional "follow doc" format being used by many shows (mostly Discovery Channel stuff), all came from Monster Garage. That series was so successful, Jessie James was earning a million dollars a month just on T-shirt sales at Wal-Mart. Every show that followed had the cast standing in the openning segment with arms crossed, looking like they were a prison welcoming committee. It was laughable. But, I have to admit I used it on Street Tuner Challenge and it works.

Ghoste

Since it's probably fair to say the car itself and the show are a linked topic in this case do you mind if I ask how the format of the show is arrived at?  Is it a committee, is it primarily your own decision, is it episode by episode?  Do you map things out a season ahead or tweak constantly?  Are you watching the other programs continually to see what works?  Do you duplicate what works or strive for new ground?
These may be all obvious or stupid questions to you but it's a mystery to me so...

ccr-host

Quote from: Ghoste on January 02, 2011, 02:15:26 PM
Since it's probably fair to say the car itself and the show are a linked topic in this case do you mind if I ask how the format of the show is arrived at?  Is it a committee, is it primarily your own decision, is it episode by episode?  Do you map things out a season ahead or tweak constantly?  Are you watching the other programs continually to see what works?  Do you duplicate what works or strive for new ground?
These may be all obvious or stupid questions to you but it's a mystery to me so...

The ultimate say in our content belongs to SPEED. However, because I've been packaging for the network since 97, I have much more room to modify content with very little interference. Our ratings have increased every year, so they tend to let sleeping dogs lie. Prior to production, we meet with the car's owner and the key builders to develop a build schedule for the season. The primary objective is to avoid repetitive content. If car 1 is doing brakes in episode 5, we don't want the same content to happen on car 2 in the same episode. Where it gets tricky is during bodywork. Trying to avoid the "All Sanding" episode is a challenge. I have a reoccurring nightmare where I say "Join us next time when we change to 2,000 grit. It's going to be a thrill a minute" – then the network calls and cancels the show.

I think there have been three very strong influences on CCR. The "Rides" series impressed me a great deal with its documentary structure, although it was short lived. And Mike Rowe's "Dirty Jobs" series is an influence on my hosting, although I'm not as focused on "pooh" as he is, there has been more of a move to inject humor in the series than when we started. Mike has taken that Tim Allen character style and made it work very well. The third would be the series I worked on in Canada, "Degrassi". I had the pleasure of being a cast member from day one and it has given a great influence on how I produce. They never kept the content of one episode as stand alone. It's a soap opera format and I think it works very well to build a loyal audience. Chop Cut is very much a soap opera for car guys. Degrassi has been in production since 1986 and it follows a format similar to "Coronation Street", from the BBC. Even "This Old House" has been a factor in how we packaged the show. I cringe now when I look at episodes of my old "Classic Car Restorations" series we made for Speedvision and I see my Bob Villa beard and a plaid shirt. Aarughhh!

thedodgeboys

Khyron

Mike Rowe is GOD...

sorry for all my non sequitur, but I am who I am ;-)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

From intial idea to filming to wrap to first and final airing- how long?

Richard Cranium

Quote from: Khyron on January 02, 2011, 04:18:00 PM
Mike Rowe is GOD...

Mike does a great job with his show but I can't stand that guy who hosts Gearz. Whenever he opens his yap (actually, he never shuts it), I just want to whack him upside the head with a shovel.
I am Dr. Remulac

ccr-host

Quote from: Ghoste on January 02, 2011, 04:46:26 PM
From intial idea to filming to wrap to first and final airing- how long?

It's usually around 10 months because we're a small production company. 2 editors, two camera ops, one soundperson, and intern, a producer/director, and moi.  We've packaged a season in less time but, this seems to be a nice pace. We're still editing the final episode.

nvrbdn

will we get a new episode next weekend? been 2 weeks without :shruggy: the wife is noticing withdrawls. :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ccr-host

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 02, 2011, 05:18:42 PM
will we get a new episode next weekend? been 2 weeks without :shruggy: the wife is noticing withdrawls. :rotz:

Yes, I believe it's new episodes every week until the first week of February... Then, I'm unemployed again.  :eek2:

Ghoste

Richard Cranium

Quote from: Ghoste on January 03, 2011, 09:18:34 AM
You aren't already planning the next season?

I think they broke the bank with the Charger.   :eek2: :lol:
I am Dr. Remulac

ccr-host

Yes, it never stops! Classic Industries is back with a GM product and we're trying to nail down the second project from a short list of potentials... The Mopar community may yet have more reasons to keep watching CCR!

DC_1

Quote from: ccr-host on January 03, 2011, 02:16:51 PM

Yes, it never stops! Classic Industries is back with a GM product and we're trying to nail down the second project from a short list of potentials... The Mopar community may yet have more reasons to keep watching CCR!

Do a winged car......or a B body convertible.

BigBlockSam

i got a  b-body and a wing car replica   project's that need finishing . if your looking for a good project to do .  :D
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

72chargerSE

The 68 Charger 500 prototype was shown at the Detroit Autorama for years in the 1970's...all chromed up. I have an incredible memory.

Khyron

build a rat rod :-)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

ccr-host

Quote from: Khyron on January 03, 2011, 05:10:39 PM

build a rat rod :-)

Then what would we do for the next 8 episodes????

I'm very good at impressionist mime and I also have great "Jazz Hands". :lol:

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Khyron

Quote from: ccr-host on January 03, 2011, 07:22:10 PM
Then what would we do for the next 8 episodes????

I'm very good at impressionist mime and I also have great "Jazz Hands". :lol:

LMAO! thats great heheh

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TruckDriver

Quote from: Richard Cranium on January 02, 2011, 04:52:58 PM
Quote from: Khyron on January 02, 2011, 04:18:00 PM
Mike Rowe is GOD...

Mike does a great job with his show but I can't stand that guy who hosts Gearz. Whenever he opens his yap (actually, he never shuts it), I just want to whack him upside the head with a shovel.

I like Stacy David. He knows his stuff. I love the Banshee project!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P