News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chop Cut Rebuild is doing a 69 charger this season.......

Started by Back N Black, August 27, 2010, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Cool.  What car is in the background of the pic with the camera crew?

ccr-host

Quote from: Ghoste on December 14, 2010, 07:14:11 AM
Cool.  What car is in the background of the pic with the camera crew?

You can see the left rear quarter of a Mustang Mach II (green), there's a 63 split window, a 64 Impala (on rotissarie) and through the window of the Impala, you may get a glimpse of a ...69 Charger!

DC_1

Is that a Charger in the background circled in red?

Ghoste

DC_1

Dan, you told them Chargers aren't made out of fiberglass right!? :icon_smile_big:

ccr-host

Quote from: Sydmoe on December 15, 2010, 12:10:59 AM
Dan, you told them Chargers aren't made out of fiberglass right!? :icon_smile_big:

ROFLMAO. Yeah, I told them. But, they'll try anything once... Hey, they're French! Hard to explain the logic. :D

ccr-host

With production wrapped on Season 7, I'm curious to know what project the Mopar community may like to see next year? Any suggestions? Favorites? Fears? Remember, we only have 7 to 8 months for a build, so nothing too rare please!  :popcrn:

doctor4766

Do an Aussie Charger and do it down here.

Oh btw, I have one you can do for me.................  :D
Gotta love a '69

Dans 68

How about a ragtop 4-speed? Your choice. My choice would be a '68 Coronet...I love that rear end.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

nvrbdn

yep, i could go with the 68 b body convertable, or if you decide to go a little older, a 65 coronet 500 would be sweet. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

ccr-host

Quote from: doctor4766 on December 18, 2010, 02:50:12 AM
Actually our  Chargers here are A bodies Dan  :icon_smile_big:

Sorry! I'm thinking more of the Duster or Demon. Maybe the 340 package?

thedodgeboys

Quote from: ccr-host on December 18, 2010, 04:24:39 AM
Quote from: doctor4766 on December 18, 2010, 02:50:12 AM
Actually our  Chargers here are A bodies Dan  :icon_smile_big:

I can see it now a Demon with a 6 pack, 6 cylinder and a 6 speed all flat black and you could nick name it Grimm...
:smilielol:

moparstuart

how about a wing car clone   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

djcarguy

[/quote]

I can see it now a Demon with a 6 pack, 6 cylinder and a 6 speed all flat black and you could nick name it Grimm...
:smilielol:

[/quote]              so what would you call it,   the DEMON   6-6-6   .fire from the pipes  ,yes slants with headers can sound great.     

djcarguy

demon 6 pack,6 banger with 6 speed that gets maga gas milage...     
   so what to call it--------DEMON 6-6-6 ,with header and flame thrower pipes

nvrbdn

"Dont drop it, this is your big break in show business" great line dan. and a 340 demon could be cool too. as long as its a mopar ill be glued to the tv  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

djcarguy

total respect to CCR and the owner and sponsor that teamed up to save and create this great car. and to all you overly anal girls on your periods or with your granny pantys in a bunch,take a pill or whole bottle of pills.most of  us could never have saved this rust pile and sure never done a total stock resto and save those rusty panals.it was missing all the holy hemi drive train and the rust repair was extreme.   yet you girls sit on your asses and bitch bout antenia and wheel trim and wiper blades. what have you save in that bad of shape???????   most would say i own this rare car as it rots totally beyond repair. :Twocents: :brickwall:   thanks to ccr and the host,dan for all his time to post and answer all the post here....    thanks  dj  

Ghoste

But remember it is a discussion forum and the big part of that discussion comes from the fact that we all share different opinions. I for one welcome the fact that we disagree on just about everything except that we all love the Dodge Charger in some form or another.  Trying to actually understand the other persons point of view moves us forward in the hobby and as individuals. :Twocents:
As for the restoration experience on this forum, there are some people on here who have done some indescribable back from the dead work.  There are several of us who work in the restoration business and from that experience I can damned sure tell you that details like antenna, wheel trim and wiper blades make the difference.
I also very much respect Dan, he has continually come back here and participated in this forum and always from a respectful position even when he was being overwhelmed with negative opinion.

The70RT

Quote from: djcarguy on December 18, 2010, 09:24:10 AM
    total respect to CCR and the owner and sponsor that teamed up to save and create this great car. and to all you overly anal girls on your periods or with your granny pantys in a bunch,take a pill or whole bottle of pills.most of you or us could never have saved this rust pile and sure never done a total stock resto and save those rusty panals.it was missing all the holy hemi drive train and the rust repair was extreme.   yet you girls sit on your asses and bitch bout antenia and wheel trim and wiper blades. what have you save in that bad of shape???????   most would say i own this rare car as it rots totally beyond repair. :Twocents: :brickwall:   thanks to ccr and the host,dan for all his time to post and answer all the post here....    thanks  dj  

You need to search the forum and see what people have done before you state what people can and can't do. There is several members on here that have and could have done this. There is some females on the site too so take it up with them....but we get kind of defensive on how people are treated on here.  :slap:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lexxman

Quote from: djcarguy on December 18, 2010, 09:24:10 AM
     total respect to CCR and the owner and sponsor that teamed up to save and create this great car. and to all you overly anal girls on your periods or with your granny panties in a bunch,take a pill or whole bottle of pills.most of you or us could never have saved this rust pile and sure never done a total stock resto and save those rusty panals.it was missing all the holy hemi drive train and the rust repair was extreme.   yet you girls sit on your asses and bitch bout antenia and wheel trim and wiper blades. what have you save in that bad of shape???????   most would say i own this rare car as it rots totally beyond repair. :Twocents: :brickwall:   thanks to ccr and the host,dan for all his time to post and answer all the post here....    thanks  dj   

Yes,it would have been a lot of work to try and restore this car without AMD and alot of people would have called it a parts car( or junk).But its funny how their talking about something have to be put back to stock and other things is (what can we fit there). Yes things like a brake upgrade would be a good thing. And there are a lot of different schools of thought here,and for sitting on our asses.Most of us on here are or have restored one of these cars from stock to far from stock,so don't get your panties in a bunch. :Twocents:
I like to show alot and yes,Dan and the guys have been doing great. And Ill keep waching.:2thumbs:

Blakcharger440

Quote from: hemi24 on November 08, 2010, 02:13:46 PM
It would be fantastic if the original 426 block could be found to put back with the CCR car but i guess that would be wishful thinking i seen it happen a few times off this website. :Twocents:

I thought the engine currently in the CCR Charger IS the original engine? They were talking about having the original numbers matching VINs stamped on the block.

Ghoste

No original drivetrain in the car when it was found.

The70RT

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on December 18, 2010, 12:24:30 PM
Quote from: hemi24 on November 08, 2010, 02:13:46 PM
It would be fantastic if the original 426 block could be found to put back with the CCR car but i guess that would be wishful thinking i seen it happen a few times off this website. :Twocents:

I thought the engine currently in the CCR Charger IS the original engine? They were talking about having the original numbers matching VINs stamped on the block.

No not NOM, the original engine is long gone. Without searching I belive I remember the car had a 440 in it when they found it.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us