News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chop Cut Rebuild is doing a 69 charger this season.......

Started by Back N Black, August 27, 2010, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: UFO on November 07, 2010, 05:06:49 PM
Have road test pics with a '70 cuda with a hemi hockey stick on one side and a barracuda emblem on the other.

General Motors still does that today - there was a white Corvette which had different wheels on one side vs. another in 2007 or 2008... Still happens...

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: The70RT on November 07, 2010, 04:39:09 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 07, 2010, 03:53:04 PM
Man I'm getting all confused about this car. So what about the car in the ads?  Hemi badge but no R/T on the headlamp door or on the rear quarters?  This is not that car since it had R/T on the rear panel?  Help me.  :P

Dan stated that the RT emblem didn't have factory punched holes.
On the rear quarters there were no holes, but the rear panel above the bumper had the markings of the R/T emblem, I thought I read way back some.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Sydmoe on November 07, 2010, 05:05:47 PM
Can you not go to the DMV and get a vehicle history report to find the names of previous owners? Maybe the first registered owner might have some insight. Unless of course after it's media duties it was simply released to the dealer network and put on the lot as any other executive or company demo.
He already talked about how the info is not released.  I went through that with Ca DMV with a lawyer. All they will tell me is a John marks owned my car.  O.k John marks from where?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

The70RT

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 07, 2010, 05:58:24 PM
Man I'm getting all confused about this car. So what about the car in the ads?  Hemi badge but no R/T on the headlamp door or on the rear quarters?  This is not that car since it had R/T on the rear panel?  Help me.  :P

On the rear quarters there were no holes, but the rear panel above the bumper had the markings of the R/T emblem..

Yes he stated someone drilled holes in the tail panel because of the burrs on the backside from a drill bit.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: The70RT on November 07, 2010, 06:04:02 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 07, 2010, 05:58:24 PM

On the rear quarters there were no holes, but the rear panel above the bumper had the markings of the R/T emblem..

Yes he stated someone drilled holes in the tail panel because of the burrs on the backside from a drill bit.
Yea thanks, found it.
" 4) the ONLY R/T badge was one on the tail panel that appears to have been added by hand at sometime during it's life.  the filming will show this detail."

Magnumcharger

Quote from: ccr-host on November 07, 2010, 05:06:13 PM
Quote from: Sydmoe on November 07, 2010, 03:14:13 PM
We just can't get rid of you can we Dan!...........just joking of course! Your starting to move up in posts and time online here, you'll be a regular soon!

I'm spending the day writing the narrations for episode 7, so this is a good distraction from my writers block!  :brickwall:

Dan...and I was certain you ad-libbed all of your dialogue!  :icon_smile_big:
But now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen a person do as many segues while popping off as many puns as you do!!  :2thumbs:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

ccr-host

Quote from: Magnumcharger on November 07, 2010, 06:31:12 PM
Quote from: ccr-host on November 07, 2010, 05:06:13 PM
Quote from: Sydmoe on November 07, 2010, 03:14:13 PM
We just can't get rid of you can we Dan!...........just joking of course! Your starting to move up in posts and time online here, you'll be a regular soon!

I'm spending the day writing the narrations for episode 7, so this is a good distraction from my writers block!  :brickwall:

Dan...and I was certain you ad-libbed all of your dialogue!  :icon_smile_big:
But now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen a person do as many segues while popping off as many puns as you do!!  :2thumbs:

Yes, I am a master punner ...it's lots of funner!

69bronzeT5

Hey Dan or Shafi......do you know if the car will be at the Mopars at the Strip show in Vegas in April?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

ccr-host

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 07, 2010, 08:59:32 PM
Hey Dan or Shafi......do you know if the car will be at the Mopars at the Strip show in Vegas in April?

The Chargers next appearance will be at the Nov. 20th taping of "Pinks All Out" in Arizona, where it will race against... the CSOC Corvette!

No other events have been booked at this point.

DC_1

Quote from: ccr-host on November 07, 2010, 09:41:36 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 07, 2010, 08:59:32 PM

The Chargers next appearance will be at the Nov. 20th taping of "Pinks All Out" in Arizona, where it will race against... the CSOC Corvette!

No other events have been booked at this point.

That'll be interesting! Based on the last episode there seems to a lot of effort being put into making that Vette go..... I hope the hemi your putting in XP is up to the task!

Just 6T9 CHGR

:iagree:

That E-brock supercharger setup looks sweet in that vette :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

nvrbdn

i guess i just feel like ranting, but here we have 2 huge people in the muscle car world comming here to try to share a rebuild of a car that is so far gone no-one would want to touch it.its a charger that is being saved. its done in front of the world. most people would love to have the chance to speak with the two responsible for bringing this car back to life and see what they had to do "with an inside scoop of the whole thing". but all we can do is try to find something illegal about the transformation. we hashed this out early in this thread, and mabey we could get down to finding out all the facts about this car, but it seems all that keeps going on is,"did someone do something wrong?" well, heres the facts, galen never said this is definately the missing car in any episode ive seen. he said IF. second the car was so far gone that anyone else in the world would either scrap it, or have to change everything on the car also. but wouldnt let the world see it so you wouldnt know what is real and not. these guys save a charger and all we have to say is "where is the door and trunk lid?" try to enjoy the car as a charger saved from sure death. yep, its a rolling billboard. so what? its alive and i like it. good job guys, there are alot of people that are loving seeing a car saved even if its at an expence that most of us could never afford. i thank you for doing it. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

tan top

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 08, 2010, 09:40:08 AM
i guess i just feel like ranting, but here we have 2 huge people in the muscle car world comming here to try to share a rebuild of a car that is so far gone no-one would want to touch it.its a charger that is being saved. its done in front of the world. most people would love to have the chance to speak with the two responsible for bringing this car back to life and see what they had to do "with an inside scoop of the whole thing". but all we can do is try to find something illegal about the transformation. we hashed this out early in this thread, and mabey we could get down to finding out all the facts about this car, but it seems all that keeps going on is,"did someone do something wrong?" well, heres the facts, galen never said this is definately the missing car in any episode ive seen. he said IF. second the car was so far gone that anyone else in the world would either scrap it, or have to change everything on the car also. but wouldnt let the world see it so you wouldnt know what is real and not. these guys save a charger and all we have to say is "where is the door and trunk lid?" try to enjoy the car as a charger saved from sure death. yep, its a rolling billboard. so what? its alive and i like it. good job guys, there are alot of people that are loving seeing a car saved even if its at an expence that most of us could never afford. i thank you for doing it. :2thumbs:

thats true also  :yesnod: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

:2thumbs: :cheers:

charger2fast4u

would be nice to find out the history on this mystery charger. i just got to say that it's a good thing ccr got ahold of this thing because almost anyone else would of never tried to save it from being scrapped one more charger on the road and saved from the crusher is the first priority IMO going to stock form or go aftermarket comes second either way i'm glad its saved to live again i'd go stock form in this special build but thats just me

ccr-host

Thanks for the kind words! It was a great project to work on. Lots of ups and downs (see next months ME mag for details). I don't mind answering as many questions as possible about the build. This is a very knowledgeable community and a great board. But, yes it does get a little frustrating when you have to address the same question over and over or when someone says "I would have done it differently", with the implication that you did it wrong. LOL....

moparstuart

The reason some of us are being so passionate about this car is the rareness .   :Twocents:  As I have stated it's shafi's car he can do with it as he feels .  That does not mean we dont have a right to say how and what we think should have happened to the car .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ccr-host

Quote from: moparstuart on November 08, 2010, 12:17:43 PM
The reason some of us are being so passionate about this car is the rareness .   :Twocents:  As I have stated it's shafi's car he can do with it as he feels .  That does not mean we dont have a right to say how and what we think should have happened to the car .

You are absolutely right! You have every right to say how and what you think. You can like or not like the job we did. There are purists who think we should have brought the car back to original condition and they have a valid perspective. But, there are some who would like us to have saved the original rust and metal shavings in a bag too. Others want to do nothing more than pick fly sh*t out of the pepper. At the end of the day, the decisions that were made were made for a number of reasons, some of which we felt were more important than others do. I can explain the process all day but, I can't prevent people from second guessing what we opted to do. I do understand the passion. I wanted Doc Halladay to play for the Angels last year and they didn't pick him up... I'm angry at their decision too. It's nothing more than human nature.

What I think you need to consider more thoroughly is how you can be sure THIS car is so rare? What if it is just a typo on the VIN, as some have suggested? What if it is not the brochure car? Would that change your perspective? No one has stated clearly that it is or isn't. So, perhaps your passion about this particular car needs to be balanced with the possibility that it is not what you think it is and enjoy the mystery instead of getting too passonate about it! Just my  :Twocents:

ccr-host

Hey MoparJim, I tried to reply to your PM but, you have them blocked... Thanks for the kind words.

Cheers!

MoparManJim

Quote from: ccr-host on November 08, 2010, 01:06:12 PM
Hey MoparJim, I tried to reply to your PM but, you have them blocked... Thanks for the kind words.

Cheers!

Hi Dan, that's strange, I only have one person blocked and is sure isn't you though, the screen name starts with a N. I know recently I sent JB666 a pm also and he didn't get it either and now you say I had you block. Something is sure going hay wire around this place I think. Thanks for the heads up on it and I went in to check and only one name was in the blocked area and it started with a "n". Thanks again for the heads up on the issue.  :cheers:   

nvrbdn

Quote from: MoparManJim on November 08, 2010, 01:25:24 PM
Quote from: ccr-host on November 08, 2010, 01:06:12 PM

Cheers!

Hi Dan, that's strange, I only have one person blocked and is sure isn't you though, the screen name starts with a N. I know recently I sent JB666 a pm also and he didn't get it either and now you say I had you block. Something is sure going hay wire around this place I think. Thanks for the heads up on it and I went in to check and only one name was in the blocked area and it started with a "n". Thanks again for the heads up on the issue.  :cheers:   
i just sent you a pm jim, let me know if ya got it
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

DC_1

On the subject of this cars VIN being a typo, how many document cases are there of this type of factory error during 1968-69 time period?

hemi24

It would be fantastic if the original 426 block could be found to put back with the CCR car but i guess that would be wishful thinking i seen it happen a few times off this website. :Twocents:

moparstuart

Quote from: ccr-host on November 08, 2010, 12:53:52 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on November 08, 2010, 12:17:43 PM

You are absolutely right! You have every right to say how and what you think. You can like or not like the job we did. There are purists who think we should have brought the car back to original condition and they have a valid perspective. But, there are some who would like us to have saved the original rust and metal shavings in a bag too. Others want to do nothing more than pick fly sh*t out of the pepper. At the end of the day, the decisions that were made were made for a number of reasons, some of which we felt were more important than others do. I can explain the process all day but, I can't prevent people from second guessing what we opted to do. I do understand the passion. I wanted Doc Halladay to play for the Angels last year and they didn't pick him up... I'm angry at their decision too. It's nothing more than human nature.

What I think you need to consider more thoroughly is how you can be sure THIS car is so rare? What if it is just a typo on the VIN, as some have suggested? What if it is not the brochure car? Would that change your perspective? No one has stated clearly that it is or isn't. So, perhaps your passion about this particular car needs to be balanced with the possibility that it is not what you think it is and enjoy the mystery instead of getting too passonate about it! Just my  :Twocents:
its not that i dont think you did a great job  this job would have been great on any old xp charger , I have an xp charger that has been clones to and R/t and now is being clones to a daytona .  But you have a hemi car  !  :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.