News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chop Cut Rebuild is doing a 69 charger this season.......

Started by Back N Black, August 27, 2010, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: 1RareBird on October 31, 2010, 01:06:25 PM
Dan, who is the manufacturer of that spot welder you used on the charger? Thanks in advance and I really enjoy your show.

I wondered the same thing and went a googlin'  :icon_smile_cool:
www.prospot.com

ccr-host

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on October 31, 2010, 01:13:43 PM
Dan, who is the manufacturer of that spot welder you used on the charger? Thanks in advance and I really enjoy your show.

www.prospot.com

Yes, it is a Prospot welder. They're not cheap! Even some very good pro shops won't make the investment. We used the same welder a couple of seasons ago at American Musclecars on the Dynacorn Camaro. It's a great tool. Saves dozens of hours to install a new panel.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: ccr-host on October 31, 2010, 03:19:29 PM

www.prospot.com

Yes, it is a Prospot welder. They're not cheap! Even some very good pro shops won't make the investment. We used the same welder a couple of seasons ago at American Musclecars on the Dynacorn Camaro. It's a great tool. Saves dozens of hours to install a new panel.

AND it looks FACTORY.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ccr-host

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 31, 2010, 03:23:01 PM
Quote from: ccr-host on October 31, 2010, 03:19:29 PM

www.prospot.com

AND it looks FACTORY.

You bet it does! That's its best feature.

Scaregrabber

Dan: I have to say I was riveted to the screen today as well. I really enjoyed this segment and the spotwelder proves this car is going to be a step above most of them. As a car guy I watch all the TV shows dealing with the hobby but most of them are just boring advertisements, not yours. Keep up the good work! I think you're a fellow Canadian too eh?

Sheldon

ccr-host

A little something for my new friends at dc.com

Enjoy!  :cheers:

Brock Samson

Nice! any chance of getting a bigger pic. like 800 or so?..  :drool5:

ccr-host

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 02, 2010, 01:42:25 AM
Nice! any chance of getting a bigger pic. like 800 or so?..  :drool5:

I tried to post a larger pic and it was rejected. I'm sure there are more than a few dc.com members at SEMA this week, so I wouldn't be surprised if you see more pop up!

But, it's good to see some history saved, eh?

Tilar

It has to be less than 200k in size unless you host it on something like photobucket.

It definitley looks good.  :2thumbs:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

tan top

Quote from: ccr-host on November 02, 2010, 01:30:49 AM

:scope:  ......... :drool5:   looks good !!  :yesnod:  take the wheels away  & it looks pretty damn stock from that picture  :yesnod:
thanks for the picture Dan  :cheers:  need to see more  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

doctor4766

Quote from: ccr-host on November 02, 2010, 01:30:49 AM

Dan that looks fricken awesome.
Kudos for a job very well done!!!
Gotta love a '69

DC_1

He is making the mystery continue with small pic. Does it have "Hemi" emblems on the doors?

nvrbdn

wow, how sweet is that thing :2thumbs: cant wait to get through the next few episodes to see it up close. great job dan :cheers: you and your crew deserve a toast  :cheers: :notworthy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ccr-host

Quote from: Sydmoe on November 02, 2010, 06:46:36 AM
He is making the mystery continue with small pic. Does it have "Hemi" emblems on the doors?

Yes, and yes!  :yesnod:

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: ccr-host on November 02, 2010, 09:53:12 AM
Quote from: Sydmoe on November 02, 2010, 06:46:36 AM

Yes, and yes!  :yesnod:

Very cool.  :coolgleamA:

Feel free to email the pic and I'll resize and post it.     I'm sure many others here can do the same also.   :icon_smile_cool:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

noff57

Khyron

very nice.....

thats all I can muster because of the rims, sorry ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

ccr-host

Quote from: Khyron on November 02, 2010, 12:08:15 PM
very nice.....

thats all I can muster because of the rims, sorry ;)

Rims can always be changed!

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

ccr-host

About the rims; we wanted something similar to the original 5 spoke hubcap with the red center. We looked at making the center cap red but, it just didn't look right on those wheels. Plus, we would be making a pretty dramatic change to Jason Rushforth's design by painting it red. So, we opted for a simple 5 spoke, 18 inch wheel.

Funny, no one has mentioned the lack of wheel well trim. Hmmm. But, people seldom comment on what is NOT done to a car, only what IS done. Leaving it off must have been a good call. Thoughts?

ccr-host

Quote from: Tilar on November 02, 2010, 03:42:40 AM
It has to be less than 200k in size unless you host it on something like photobucket.

It definitley looks good.  :2thumbs:

Thanks. Yeah, we're pretty proud of it! 7 months of very hard work.

Yes, the pics are on photobucket.

Khyron

Quote from: ccr-host on November 02, 2010, 01:14:16 PM
Funny, no one has mentioned the lack of wheel well trim. Hmmm. But, people seldom comment on what is NOT done to a car, only what IS done. Leaving it off must have been a good call. Thoughts?

i didn't comment on it because i can't see it in the small pic ;) just those huge rims hehehe

Me personally, I love the wheel well molding. one of those stock trim pieces for the charger that others had to pay for. But I guess with all that shiney stuff in the wheel well it would probubly have been too much ;)

I don't want to come off as a jerk, Honestly like the car from what I can see, I like 90% of teh car... but you know what they say, you can't love everything... your hard work payed off, The body looks wonderful.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.