News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chop Cut Rebuild is doing a 69 charger this season.......

Started by Back N Black, August 27, 2010, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RIDELIKEHELL

Reminds alot of my 68 R/T after it was all taken apart....only difference is I paid for it myself :icon_smile_big: Definately have to check this out here in Canada on Speed. Just have to set the PVR now to record.
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

lexxman

Hey,Dan .I missed  one or two show so far I think. What have you kept from the original car. Last I saw it was almost all new amd parts. I was hoping to see the shows I missed on-line .I guess Ill have to keep an eye out for the re runs. :2thumbs:

ccr-host

Quote from: lexxman on October 25, 2010, 03:45:28 PM
Hey,Dan .I missed  one or two show so far I think. What have you kept from the original car. Last I saw it was almost all new amd parts. I was hoping to see the shows I missed on-line .I guess Ill have to keep an eye out for the re runs. :2thumbs:

The first two episodes have already aired. But, Speed should be showing episode 2 again on Saturday with a full hour of Chop Cut Rebuild.

Most of the original sheet metal is gone. The firewall, front rails, A pillar, and inner door sills are pretty much all that's left. AMD gave us complete access to their parts, so we took full advantage of the offer!

Chatt69chgr

Hey Dan,

Thanks a lot for showcasing a 2nd gen Charger on your show.  I bought one to restore 6 years ago and have been buying parts for it ever since.  It's a slow process but I want to do it right.  Watching your show gives me encouragement to keep going on my project.  As you have probably gauged, Mopar people are fanatics.  We love most everything Mopar as it concerns muscle cars.  You have to really be dedicated considering the parts situation.  Fortunately, in the past 3 or 4 years, that has changed.  Case in point, AMD in Flowery Branch, GA.  I drove down there and picked up my body panels personally and enjoyed a tour of the same warehouse you were in.  I'm sure while you were in Cleveland, GA that you found the North Georgia folks just as friendly as I did.  I would imagine you will sooner or later interface with Mike Ross with B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc out of Ohio who will have a lot of the other parts you will need for the restoration of the Charger.  If it wasn't for AMD and BEA, I would have had a hard time finding some of the restoration parts I need.  And thanks for coming on our forum to tell us about the show.  We'll be watching every episode.

Khyron

Quote from: ccr-host on October 26, 2010, 03:31:45 AM
The first two episodes have already aired. But, Speed should be showing episode 2 again on Saturday with a full hour of Chop Cut Rebuild.

Most of the original sheet metal is gone. The firewall, front rails, A pillar, and inner door sills are pretty much all that's left. AMD gave us complete access to their parts, so we took full advantage of the offer!

should have just called dynacorn and asked them to make a body for ya, would have saved a lot of time ;-)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Magnumcharger

I just saw the show...boy, that Charger was rough!
A lot of people say that because AMD is offering these panels now, ANY Charger can now be restored.

I believe this is a case in point!
I can't wait to see the finished product!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Ghoste

And as an aside, I notice another magazine I have to watch for now.

lexxman

ccr-host

Magnumcharger,

Where did you find that pic? That's our car! I've seen a bunch of archive photos and even Chrysler has given us for use on the show this year. But, that is the first time I've seen THAT picture with those two models.

...Yes, we are still shooting (a few are "shotting themselves too. LOL). It's great fun right now. Just a few days before our SEMA unveiling and both the Vette and Charger build teams are hard at work! 16 - 18 hour days, busting knuckles, yelling at Fedex... pure fun and games!

If anyone here is attending the SEMA show, be sure to come by the AMD booth and get a close up look at our project! It's going to be a fun week in Vegas.

Magnumcharger

Quote from: ccr-host on October 27, 2010, 02:48:06 AM
Magnumcharger,

Where did you find that pic? That's our car! I've seen a bunch of archive photos and even Chrysler has given us for use on the show this year. But, that is the first time I've seen THAT picture with those two models.

...Yes, we are still shooting (a few are "shotting themselves too. LOL). It's great fun right now. Just a few days before our SEMA unveiling and both the Vette and Charger build teams are hard at work! 16 - 18 hour days, busting knuckles, yelling at Fedex... pure fun and games!

If anyone here is attending the SEMA show, be sure to come by the AMD booth and get a close up look at our project! It's going to be a fun week in Vegas.

I bought a whole box of vintage magazines at a swap meet in Windsor Nova Scotia last August....that magazine was right on top!
Cool, huh?

bill440rt

I just caught the deconstruction episode last night for the first time. Don't know what I'd do without a DVR. I just set it to record ALL so I can watch the ones I missed.
Definitely a rough piece, jeez. I had no idea it was that bad. It almost deconstructed all by itself!  :eek2: :smilielol:

Full access to AMD's parts warehouse??  :o  I'd be like a kid in a candy store. GREAT advertising for them as well.
I look forward to seeing the progress on the car.  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

lexxman

Magnumcharger are you in Nova Scotia?

I cant wait for Saturday morning to watch the show.(just like a kid with new cartoons) :lol:

Magnumcharger

Just in case nobody else has linked these threads - here it is!

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,54133.0.html  (XP HEMI Pictures)

Yes, I'm in Nova Scotia.

The70RT

Quote from: Magnumcharger on October 26, 2010, 07:49:04 PM
A lot of people say that because AMD is offering these panels now, ANY Charger can now be restored.

Cool magazine. It looks to have a Hemi badge on the door but no R/T emblem on the headlight door  :shruggy:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nvrbdn

i like in the first episode where dan pulls a board out of the floorboard and says  "thats not factory, thats pure after market"  :smilielol: :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ghoste

Quote from: The70RT on October 27, 2010, 05:56:31 PM
Quote from: Magnumcharger on October 26, 2010, 07:49:04 PM

Cool magazine. It looks to have a Hemi badge on the door but no R/T emblem on the headlight door  :shruggy:

That's what all the controversy was about, it is an XP Hemi (non RT) and by all accounts shouldn't exist.

MoparManJim

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 27, 2010, 08:34:16 PM
i like in the first episode where dan pulls a board out of the floorboard and says  "thats not factory, thats pure after market"  :smilielol: :2thumbs:

I guess I'll just have to laugh at what you said as it's is kinda funny  :lol:, I say it that was for some of us on here we will have to wait a full year it looks like just to get a dvd  :icon_smile_dissapprove: . As some of us doesn't have cable tv, dish tv. direct tv or even Antanna tv.. only the internet to watch things by. We can only picture what is going on with how you all talk about what happen in some of the scenes from the episodes. Some of us doesn't have time to catch the reruns on tv either at friends houses  :shruggy: 

So if some of you would like to please just keep talking about what happen in the episodes, some of us can only picture in our minds how the scene went  :lol:.

nvrbdn

well jim, if i could figure how to get it from my dvr to a  disc, i could send it to ya. just not sure how to do it :shruggy: mabey i should call a kid :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Charger440RDN

Quote from: MoparManJim on October 27, 2010, 08:53:11 PM
I guess I'll just have to laugh at what you said as it's is kinda funny  :lol:, I say it that was for some of us on here we will have to wait a full year it looks like just to get a dvd  :icon_smile_dissapprove: . As some of us doesn't have cable tv, dish tv. direct tv or even Antanna tv.. only the internet to watch things by. We can only picture what is going on with how you all talk about what happen in some of the scenes from the episodes. Some of us doesn't have time to catch the reruns on tv either at friends houses  :shruggy:  

So if some of you would like to please just keep talking about what happen in the episodes, some of us can only picture in our minds how the scene went  :lol:.

Or watch it at a neighbor or friends house  :shruggy:

Alaskan_TA

So far based on what I have read, it sounds like the numbers were saved & are going on an all new body.

For those that have actually seen the episodes;

Is that a fair assessment?

Or not?

If yes / no any additional details?

nvrbdn

they saved very little, but the main structure is there saying that the vin tag cannot be moved. all the body pannels are new and doors etc. removing trunk rail #s to reattach to a new one
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

they are saying it is the fabled xp hemi xp29j galen says the only one of its kind.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

MoparManJim

Quote from: Charger440RDN on October 27, 2010, 09:19:06 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on October 27, 2010, 08:53:11 PM
I guess I'll just have to laugh at what you said as it's is kinda funny  :lol:, I say it that was for some of us on here we will have to wait a full year it looks like just to get a dvd  :icon_smile_dissapprove: . As some of us doesn't have cable tv, dish tv. direct tv or even Antanna tv.. only the internet to watch things by. We can only picture what is going on with how you all talk about what happen in some of the scenes from the episodes. Some of us doesn't have time to catch the reruns on tv either at friends houses  :shruggy:  

So if some of you would like to please just keep talking about what happen in the episodes, some of us can only picture in our minds how the scene went  :lol:.

Or watch it at a neighbor or friends house  :shruggy:

Yea right around here it's very hard to find a neighbor home anymore or let alone watching the channel if it doesn't have something they like to watch on it. If it doesn't have to deal with trucks they don't watch it.  :shruggy:

MoparManJim

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 27, 2010, 09:18:40 PM
well jim, if i could figure how to get it from my dvr to a  disc, i could send it to ya. just not sure how to do it :shruggy: mabey i should call a kid :smilielol:

Now sense you mention it, how would you go about doing that? I mean from one to the other..  :lol: