News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chop Cut Rebuild is doing a 69 charger this season.......

Started by Back N Black, August 27, 2010, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

Quote from: Ghoste on January 01, 2011, 10:27:39 AM
It's been an excellent showcase for the products used and provided much better tv entertainment than most of the crap out there.  It has also been an excellent topic of debate and Charger history.  It's done better in the world of today than Dodge likely ever thought it would.

:iagree: :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TUFCAT

Amen brother!  :cheers:

Bottom line.... everyone of us would like to be the proud owner of this car. :bow:

ccr-host

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on January 01, 2011, 10:18:49 AM
It seems to me that the CCR Charger could have been a 383 car. There is just as much probability (if not more) of it being a 383 Charger rather than a hemi charger. :shruggy:

Nobody knows because there is such a lack of documentation. One thing for sure is that it is a Charger.  :icon_smile_big:

There is one key document still with the car... a VIN with a "J" code. That says Hemi to me! How could there be any probability of it being a 383 with a "J" code? Every other feature on the car is a Charger.

Ghoste

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 01, 2011, 05:04:57 PM

Bottom line.... everyone of us would like to be the proud owner of this car. :bow:

Not me, but I am not 'everyone'.

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: ccr-host on January 02, 2011, 01:57:11 AM
It seems to me that the CCR Charger could have been a 383 car. There is just as much probability (if not more) of it being a 383 Charger rather than a hemi charger. :shruggy:

Nobody knows because there is such a lack of documentation. One thing for sure is that it is a Charger.  :icon_smile_big:

There is one key document still with the car... a VIN with a "J" code. That says Hemi to me! How could there be any probability of it being a 383 with a "J" code? Every other feature on the car is a Charger.

Did they make VIN mistakes? Oh yes. See some examples at http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/factoryErrors.shtml

My favorite is the J code (340 sixpak for 1970) VIN error with the E61 engine code which was the 383-2-barrel engine.

Does it make you wonder if the fender tag & broadcast sheet 'disappeared' for the XP car due to the J VIN on the dash? Maybe the other missing items did not agree with it?  :shruggy:

We may never know.  :scratchchin:

oestermarken

Quote from: resq302 on December 31, 2010, 08:05:06 AM
:iagree:
Quote from: tan top on December 31, 2010, 04:10:18 AM
Quote from: nvrbdn on December 30, 2010, 11:04:50 PM
the door handles were 68 also wern't they. not an item that gets changed frequently :2thumbs:

yep early build 69 , with an SPD of late 68  cars had black button door handles  :yesnod:
:iagree:

69's with an SPD as late as Jan 69 can have black buttons :Twocents:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,69527.msg780332.html#msg780332

/Brian
69 383 4bbl
White Hat Special
Light Bronze Metallic

ccr-host

Quote from: Ghoste on January 02, 2011, 02:20:15 AM
Typo.

Naw... There's just too much Hemi product on the car. I'll go with the idea there's a high likelyhood that it's not the actual brochure car. It's likely a second car built for promotion. But, not a Hemi? Hell no! I'd bet dollars to donuts it had a Hemi in it... at some point. And the nice thing is, it does again! That "typo" makes perfect sense now.  :yesnod: :icon_smile_wink:

On monday, we'll have the engine block info and we'll see what that news stirs up! More excitement on the way... :2thumbs:

ccr-host

Interesting how there's not as many jabs about "Chop Cut Ruin" being posted since more episodes and the car has been completed, huh??? See, people should never assume anything!  :icon_smile_big:

ccr-host

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on January 02, 2011, 05:07:20 AM
Quote from: ccr-host on January 02, 2011, 01:57:11 AM

Did they make VIN mistakes? Oh yes. See some examples at http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/factoryErrors.shtml

My favorite is the J code (340 sixpak for 1970) VIN error with the E61 engine code which was the 383-2-barrel engine.

Does it make you wonder if the fender tag & broadcast sheet 'disappeared' for the XP car due to the J VIN on the dash? Maybe the other missing items did not agree with it?  :shruggy:

We may never know.  :scratchchin:

Alaskan, you still don't have a TV, do you?

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on January 02, 2011, 04:50:42 AM

:iagree:  Yeah, I don't want it either.

Then again, I don't like any of the cars "built" on these "Pimp my ride"/"Foose it up" style TV shows.

Do I watch these shows?

Sure I do...

Who can resist a train wreck.  :shruggy:

nvrbdn

you guys are saying that if they walked up to you and handed you the keys you would say "NO THANKS" :shruggy: just because it has alot of aftermarket pieces in it? (which includes tons of cars on this site) or because someone said mabey its a car that it very well couldnt turn out to be?  or is it because lots of different shops were involved with the build using parts for free as an advertisement for those companies? well if someone would have offered me free parts i would have taken them. and if they wanted to do alot of the work i would have let them. and id take the car or the help in a heartbeat. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 02, 2011, 10:37:36 AM
you guys are saying that if they walked up to you and handed you the keys you would say "NO THANKS" :shruggy: just because it has alot of aftermarket pieces in it? (which includes tons of cars on this site) or because someone said mabey its a car that it very well couldnt turn out to be?  or is it because lots of different shops were involved with the build using parts for free as an advertisement for those companies? well if someone would have offered me free parts i would have taken them. and if they wanted to do alot of the work i would have let them. and id take the car or the help in a heartbeat. :2thumbs:

If it were given to me, It would be on E-bay five minutes after the roll back dumped it off in my

driveway.

No reserve.

ccr-host

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 02, 2011, 10:25:10 AM
Quote from: Alaskan_TA on January 02, 2011, 04:50:42 AM

:iagree:  Yeah, I don't want it either.

Then again, I don't like any of the cars "built" on these "Pimp my ride"/"Foose it up" style TV shows.

Do I watch these shows?

Sure I do...

Who can resist a train wreck.  :shruggy:

Something tells me you haven't watched THIS show or looked closely at the car. This Charger is neither "Pimped" or "Foosed Up". It was built in 8 months - NOT 8 days.

"All Indians walk in a straight line. At least the one I saw did.", huh? ::)

Khyron

Quote from: ccr-host on January 02, 2011, 10:58:47 AM
It was built in 8 months - NOT 8 days.

"All Indians walk in a straight line. At least the one I saw did.", huh? ::)

how many Mexican's? :nana:

I think Foose has about 30 ;)

kidding, im kidding ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Daytona R/T SE

I've watched the show,

Read every post here.

Too much hype over a typographical error.

I still don't want it.  :eek2:

Just my opinion.

Not the "popular" opinion, but still valid.

Richard Cranium

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 02, 2011, 10:41:35 AM
If it were given to me, It would be on E-bay five minutes after the roll back dumped it off in my

driveway.

No reserve.

Now that's funny, but I'd also do the same thing.  :lol:
I am Dr. Remulac

thedodgeboys

Forgive me if I missed it but were the hemi k frames different I know the motor mounts are.

Dan what motor mounts and k frame came out of the car?

I want to believe it's the real deal and it may be  :scratchchin:

ccr-host

Those are all interesting comments. We try very hard to not be a "Pimp My Ride" or "Overhaulin'" type series. No fake drama. No disfunctional personalities. We try to make the content about the process - not the princesses. Yet, many people paint us with the same brush as those shows. It's a phenomenon I only see among the automotive community. Shows on the Food Network are considered to create some of the best meals you can find. Shows like "Iron Chef", have all sorts of fake drama, yet the meals are never slammed by viewers. Home improvement shows get the same treatment as those programs and they turn around an entire house in a week, with little criticsism of the quality in the work. That said, I've also watched a few cop movies with cops and they cringe when they see Bruce Willis kick down a door and rush into a crack house. I know there are some car people who would watch the narration of a Chilton book and find it entertaining. So, the question is... What WOULD move us from the "Foose/Pimp" stereotype? What would make someone look at our projects and say "I want that in my driveway"? Keep in mind, the audience for the Chilton book is extremely small and probably not viable on television.

ccr-host

Quote from: thedodgeboys on January 02, 2011, 11:17:40 AM
Forgive me if I missed it but were the hemi k frames different I know the motor mounts are.

Dan what motor mounts and k frame came out of the car?

I want to believe it's the real deal and it may be  :scratchchin:

It's a completely different K frame for a 440. But, I'm told it was a common swap.

Khyron

Quote from: ccr-host on January 02, 2011, 11:29:06 AM
Those are all interesting comments. We try very hard to not be a "Pimp My Ride" or "Overhaulin'" type series. No fake drama. No disfunctional personalities. We try to make the content about the process - not the princesses. Yet, many people paint us with the same brush as those shows. It's a phenomenon I only see among the automotive community. Shows on the Food Network are considered to create some of the best meals you can find. Shows like "Iron Chef", have all sorts of fake drama, yet the meals are never slammed by viewers. Home improvement shows get the same treatment as those programs and they turn around an entire house in a week, with little criticsism of the quality in the work. That said, I've also watched a few cop movies with cops and they cringe when they see Bruce Willis kick down a door and rush into a crack house. I know there are some car people who would watch the narration of a Chilton book and find it entertaining. So, the question is... What WOULD move us from the "Foose/Pimp" stereotype? What would make someone look at our projects and say "I want that in my driveway"? Keep in mind, the audience for the Chilton book is extremely small and probably not viable on television.

hey hey hey hey........... do what you want to the Charger

but no picking on Bruce Willis ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: ccr-host on January 02, 2011, 11:29:06 AM

You're not likely to find the answer you want here...   30+ pages and there's still a group that won't stop beating the dead horse.  :shruggy:      I'm glad your show decided to do the Charger for Shafi.  It's all good to me...   some just can't let it go.   Hey I'm glad I got to shake your hand back at the Mopar Nats when you had the 'Cuda.

Aside from that,  there's a few aspects where things turn many car folks off...  there are groups that are change resistant and don't want to see modifications like bigger wheels or big sound systems to name a few - some of them still like manual drum brakes, hub caps, and bias ply tires for all that matters.  The song says...
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"...  good advice! 

As for food shows and the like,  all people can do is judge by the mess on the plate... unless somebody finds a recipe and makes it themselves or goes to that certain restaurant what else is there to judge by?  If there's a hot babe host that certainly makes it easier to digest  :icon_smile_big:   

And again,  thanks for not being an OCC type show.   I'm not too far from their shop(s) and I've been hearing stories for years now although I do support some of the charity work (ie: car shows) they run there occassionally.     Some of your competitor auto shows tried that personality show route were and have been even more savagely beaten upon on this and other sites. 

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

KEISLER

XP HEMI was a factory hemi car.  383 cars don't get torque boxes from the factory.

Don't know what all the excitement is over the 440 & 727.  It's a 1970 motor with C-body manifolds - no big whoop.

Let's hope 2011 will bring us some credible information from Chrysler ex-employees/execs/contractors that remember the brochure car.

lexxman

Quote from: KEISLER on January 02, 2011, 12:14:20 PM
XP HEMI was a factory hemi car.  383 cars don't get torque boxes from the factory.

Don't know what all the excitement is over the 440 & 727.  It's a 1970 motor with C-body manifolds - no big whoop.

Let's hope 2011 will bring us some credible information from Chrysler ex-employees/execs/contractors that remember the brochure car.

Are you still looking into the history of the car? To see if it was the brochure car or have you decided its close enough. :popcrn:

Ghoste

As far as you know personally, no 383 cars were built with torque boxes.  There are all kinds of things we can all assume all the rest of our lives but until some form of documentation comes up, it is all just speculation and every guess is equally valid.