News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chop Cut Rebuild is doing a 69 charger this season.......

Started by Back N Black, August 27, 2010, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatbackFanatic

I think its going to look great when its done!! Boy, it sure needs alot though. But if you throw enough money at it, it will look great.I watch CCR alot, its nice that they're doing a Charger this time.  :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

E5 Charger

I watch Chop Cut Rebuild all the time and am thrilled to see a Charger on it. It will be interesting to see how much they can save. I'll be glued to my TV for every episode. Awesome show!

DC_1

Charger440RDN

Quote from: ccr-host on October 16, 2010, 08:53:45 PM
Quote from: Charger440RDN on October 16, 2010, 03:13:42 PM
Was it on this morning? The Speed channel website shows it came on at 8am today

It sure did! The new season began today (Oct. 16th). But, not to worry, the new episodes re-air on Sunday morning and Monday afternoons.

Here's a link to the schedule:

http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/filter/program/806962/

Ok I missed it this morning, is there any way to watch a replay of it online? According to the schedule it looks like it replays on tuesday not monday.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Charger440RDN on October 17, 2010, 11:50:43 PM

Ok I missed it this morning, is there any way to watch a replay of it online? According to the schedule it looks like it replays on tuesday not monday.

You just answered your question.   ;)

Charger440RDN

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 18, 2010, 12:01:17 AM
Quote from: Charger440RDN on October 17, 2010, 11:50:43 PM

You just answered your question.   ;)

I don't see a link to watch it on the website before it comes back on TV, I just don't want to wait until tuesday to see it.

lexxman

Hey,maybe I missed it,but is there anywhere you can watch show that you missed?I know that they  re-air them,but now a days you should be able to watch them on-line. :yesnod:

ccr-host

Sorry folks, the show is not available on the internet. CCR is sold to other broadcasters around the world such as FOX Sports Australia, Discovery UK, and many others. Putting full episodes on the net before those broadcasters have a chance to air them would harm the potential audience size in those markets. To their credit, SPEED gives viewers ample opportunities to see the shows in reruns throughout the week. They are also playing the previous weeks episodes as a lead-in for the next while, so you now have a full hour of CCR on Saturday's. We also make DVD's of the series available one year after SPEED has premiered the shows. You can purchase them on our site. People here may find our 5th season interesting, in it we document the build of the Goodmark Cuda throughout the season. We also add some extra "behind the scenes" features and a follow along commentary on the final episode.

Thanks for watching! Glad you are all enjoying the show. Feel free to post any questions you have here or on the SPEED site.

Best regards,
Dan Woods

MoparManJim

Quote from: ccr-host on October 23, 2010, 09:52:46 PM
Sorry folks, the show is not available on the internet. CCR is sold to other broadcasters around the world such as FOX Sports Australia, Discovery UK, and many others. Putting full episodes on the net before those broadcasters have a chance to air them would harm the potential audience size in those markets. To their credit, SPEED gives viewers ample opportunities to see the shows in reruns throughout the week. They are also playing the previous weeks episodes as a lead-in for the next while, so you now have a full hour of CCR on Saturday's. We also make DVD's of the series available one year after SPEED has premiered the shows. You can purchase them on our site. People here may find our 5th season interesting, in it we document the build of the Goodmark Cuda throughout the season. We also add some extra "behind the scenes" features and a follow along commentary on the final episode.

Thanks for watching! Glad you are all enjoying the show. Feel free to post any questions you have here or on the SPEED site.

Best regards,
Dan Woods

Well sense it's not available online, I guess you just lost one viewer here  :-\ . Because I don't have cable or dish.. not even an antenna. And I was really looking forward to watching your show to online. I guess they are alot of other good shows out there that are available on the net  :icon_smile_wink: :lol:  

You should do like Graveyard Cars are doing or trying to do, and that is get the stuff available online as well so everyone can see it and not just the ones that watches tv.

ccr-host

Quote from: MoparManJim on October 23, 2010, 10:01:49 PM
Quote from: ccr-host on October 23, 2010, 09:52:46 PM

Best regards,
Dan Woods

Well sense it's not available online, I guess you just lost one viewer here  :-\ . Because I don't have cable or dish.. not even an antenna. And I was really looking forward to watching your show to online. I guess they are alot of other good shows out there that are available on the net  :icon_smile_wink: :lol:  

You should do like Graveyard Cars are doing or trying to do, and that is get the stuff available online as well so everyone can see it and not just the ones that watches tv.

Sorry I can't help you out Jim. But, if you like, you can go to our youtube channel and watch the promo's:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChopCutRebuild

Season 7 will be available on DVD as a Christmas present this time next year. Give your friends lots of hints!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Saw the first episode (missed the first 10 mins though)....caught where you got to pick out the AMD parts for the Charger....that place is truly like a candy store & Dan you seriously have the best job ever! :thumbs:

Set up my DVR to record the show every Saturday now & gonna catch the re-run today @ 1:30 to watch what I missed!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger440RDN

nvrbdn

there was almost nothing left of that car. and a badge delete,stripe delete? oh well, needs everything replaced. :2thumbs: next week will be good :rofl:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Charger440RDN

After seeing this, I think they can all be saved now.

nvrbdn

they had a complete new charger laying on the floor minus id tags and interior
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Charger440RDN

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 24, 2010, 01:21:20 PM
they had a complete new charger laying on the floor minus id tags and interior

Yeah the only thing left for AMD to make is the body shell/ inner skeletal structure. I wonder if they will ever make one like Dynacorn does for GM and ford. You can buy a Camaro or Chevelle body shell new.

69bronzeT5

What I was wondering was why they didn't use the original doors or trunk lid? They just put new AMD pieces on....
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

1970Moparmann

Quote from: ccr-host on October 17, 2010, 10:18:37 AM
Quote from: ccr-host on October 16, 2010, 08:53:45 PM
Quote from: Charger440RDN on October 16, 2010, 03:13:42 PM
Was it on this morning? The Speed channel website shows it came on at 8am today

It sure did! The new season began today (Oct. 16th). But, not to worry, the new episodes re-air on Sunday morning and Monday afternoons.

Here's a link to the schedule:

http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/filter/program/806962/

Good morning! Well...? Episode number 1 is in the books. Happy to read your thoughts, comments, and questions. This is a very informed group and I welcome insights from here. They will be well considered.

The car sure needs more work than what I imagined.  From a person that spent A LOT of money with AMD on my recent build, I thank my lucky stars that they have the metal that is needed for our cars.  I sure feel much better putting a high quality replacement piece on my car versus a piece that needs a lot of work.   This is just me.

For the people that are crazy about numbers and options and originality, you will not please people period.  

As for the authenticity of this car, I'm still up in the open.

Dan, love the show, and continue what your doing.  :cheers: Glad to see that your on this message board.

Shafi, why aren't you ever on here when people have issues and need support? - Just wondering........... :scratchchin:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

nvrbdn

i wondered about the doors also, but with everything else being replaced, i guess you might as well be as perfect straight as you can be with the replacement parts :popcrn:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

dodgert68

Dan I spoke with Shafi at Carlise while he was looking over the Charger I was there with and he told me he need a dash core. I let him know i could get him one but haven't heard form him and was wondering if it still needed.

ccr-host

Quote from: dodgert68 on October 24, 2010, 06:35:23 PM
Dan I spoke with Shafi at Carlise while he was looking over the Charger I was there with and he told me he need a dash core. I let him know i could get him one but haven't heard form him and was wondering if it still needed.

We were in need of a dash for a while. Shafi did send us one but, it wasn't the premium dash. We took it to TED's Rod Shop in Riverside and they took the bottom portion and grafted it onto the original, so we were able to keep the top portion with the VIN tag. The original dash was rotted under the glove box. Eric did a great job. You can't tell it was made from two unless you look at the back... Who looks at the back? Errr... well our camera's do!

Alaskan_TA

So what exactly is being used from the original car? I do not have TV, so I have not seen the show.

MoparManJim

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on October 24, 2010, 11:23:16 PM
So what exactly is being used from the original car? I do not have TV, so I have not seen the show.

I guess we will just have to wait a full year to see or maybe catch a re-run of it at a friends house.  :lol: 

I would sure love to catch the episode myself.

I went by youtube last night and caught some of the promos.. good stuff!  :2thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Dan, was this weekends show the first in the series or was there one prior?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 25, 2010, 05:37:13 AM
Dan, was this weekends show the first in the series or was there one prior?

Shopping at AMD was episode 2.

It's pretty cool.   Mike Grey took my orders at AMD...   and I have a 'large portion' of the parts they make in the basement  ;D   

As for the decklid and hood...  well I have new ones also.   Front underside edge of the hood and rear underside edge of the decklid are shot... doesn't pay to fix them vs. the cost of replacement. 

Actually my AMD decklid is on Black Betty right now ( looks great! )  Took Sinnamon's rusted mural decklid off and put the old black one on for now.   Frankly I suspect I'll end up with new doors by the time things actually come together also  :-\ 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.