News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Something to get you through your lunch break...

Started by russg, August 27, 2010, 01:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russg

73 Charger SE, 383, Headman headers, Holley 670 SA, Flowmaster Super 44's

russg

The Charger definately could have used better rubber..
73 Charger SE, 383, Headman headers, Holley 670 SA, Flowmaster Super 44's

70charginglizard

This flick you never get tired of seeing. No matter hom many millions of times you've seen it.  :2thumbs:
70charginglizard

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

41husk

I have the movie and always thought the Charger was black :shruggy: but it looks green on my computer :popcrn:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

chargd72

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

rattlehead_74

To be as big of a car as the dodge charger is ,,,,that thing handles them corners quite well! He looked to be taking them corners at 40mph at least!

ChgrSteve67

Love to look at the cars lining the streets.

And whats with that white firebird that keeps showing up going the opisite way.

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Mike DC

QuoteThe Charger definately could have used better rubber..

In fact the film crew was purposely giving the Charger the worst-gripping tires they could find.  They were trying to handicap it so the Mustang could keep up. 

mauve66

i always thought the charger was an auto but i guess not, either that or the audio tape is really bad
you know the stang is a stick by the 500 gear changes but towards the end when he's loading the shotgun the driver definetely moves his right arm and the sound track changes gears also
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

A383Wing

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on August 27, 2010, 03:45:38 PM

yea..I like to look at the other cars as well...I think I saw a red first gen Charger in there..must have been Steves back in the day...

and that little green bug is all over as well

CharcoalCharger

Funny, everytime I watch this movie (or a clip like this), I have to laugh.  The guy driving the Charger looks just like the minister that married my wife and I...glasses and everthing.

grdprx

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on August 27, 2010, 03:45:38 PM

I noticed that toO!

bull

Quote from: russg on August 27, 2010, 01:52:13 PM
The Charger definately could have used better rubber..

During filming the stunt crew carved a bunch of rubber off the tires to handicap it so the Rustang could keep up. No joke.

Quote from: CharcoalCharger on August 27, 2010, 10:18:18 PM
Funny, everytime I watch this movie (or a clip like this), I have to laugh.  The guy driving the Charger looks just like the minister that married my wife and I...glasses and everthing.

That guy was the actual stunt driver in the Charger. Bill Hickman.

http://www.ponysite.de/carlife.htm

"The Charger was driven by a stuntman named Bill Hickman, who portrays himself in the film."

http://www.hottr6.com/triumph/BULLITT.html

"I'll tell you this," said Max Balchowsky, "I was really impressed with the Mustang after I got done with it. I didn't think it'd make that much difference beefing it up. Later, we took both cars out and went playing around with them over by Griffith Park (near Los Angeles). The Dodge, which was practically stock, just left the Mustang like you wouldn't believe." Ron Riner has similar recollections. "The Charger ran rings around the Mustang. We trimmed the tires down (on the Charger), we practically made them down to bicycle tires to try and handicap Hickman, and Bill just run them." Carey Loftin also recalls," we test ran the car at Griffith Park near the Observatory, up a long hill. and if you can run a car real hard up and down that hill it's working pretty good."

Mike DC

Quotei always thought the charger was an auto but i guess not, either that or the audio tape is really bad

Both cars seemed to be shown as stick trannys in the fiction.  The soundtrack was too heavily reworked to wanna trust it in the footage.  But they did use their Mustangs & Chargers as the real source of the dubbed-in engine sounds. 

From what I've picked up about these cars over the years, it broke down something like this: 

Chargers - closeup car was a 440/4spd RT.  The stunt car was a 440/auto RT. 

Mustangs - the closeup car was a 289/4spd.  The stunt car was a 390/auto GT.  They swapped the trannys to give them a 390/4spd GT stunt car.

kab69440

I like the version that some Moparts member recut. The Stang crashes and burns, the Charger walks on along it's merry way...
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

mauve66

link to that version???
that would be fun to play at a car show and see how many people realize what they are looking at..........
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

jb666

kab69440

Quote from: mauve66 on August 28, 2010, 09:07:05 AM
link to that version???

That may be easier said than done. I think I had it saved on my old laptop. I'll dig around and see if it's on a vid site somewhere. If I remember the remix artist's handle was "MoparEd".
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

jar1292

Never nitced before but at 3:44 the charger loses a hubcap! it seems like i see something new every time!
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

bull

Quote from: jar1292 on August 28, 2010, 11:46:18 AM
Never nitced before but at 3:44 the charger loses a hubcap! it seems like i see something new every time!

I think it actually lost about seven of them.