News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hmmm..check this fender tag out. XP29 Hemi car???

Started by 69*F5*SE, August 17, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidoug

Quote from: bull on August 20, 2009, 03:46:08 PM
What makes no sense to me is why would someone order a Hemi and jump through all the hoops and red tape to get one in a car that was not an R/T? Why not just make it an R/T and spare yourself the hassle?

To keep a low profile....make a good moon shinning car...... :scratchchin:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Ghoste

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 24, 2009, 04:15:21 PM
This would be the second XP29J car I know of.....

The second one is a T5 tan one that Shafi Keisler owns

(PS its for sale.....PM me for details) ;)

That, to me, is a lot more reliable than the tag in that auction.  What else do you know about the car Chris?

RAC95054

I found anything is possible on Mopars.  I was at a cruise last week and a guy brought his L.A.-built '70 Challenger.  He bought the car from the original owner in 1980, and what I noticed was the VIN on the cowl and rad support had the 0E... VINs stamped, but they mistakenly stamped a 2 for the first digit of the VIN on BOTH the cowl and rad support, tried to X it out, and put a 1 instead.  The fender tag and VIN were both correct with the 1 as the first digit.  And if you know anything about L.A.-built cars, they only made about 161K there in '70, so there are no L.A. cars with a 2xxxxx VIN.  So just another example of the careful assembly line work going on back in the day.  :P

Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

Ghoste

I never say never either, I just say prove it on some things.

RAC95054

Quote from: Ghoste on August 24, 2009, 08:02:25 PM
I never say never either, I just say prove it on some things.

Yep, I agree with you.  In the case of this alleged XP J-code Charger, if he had the VIN plate and a Broadcast sheet, it would seem legit.  If he also had some pics of the car before it was dismantled/crushed (like of the torque boxes, door for the nameplate holes, etc), then for sure.  And if he still had the car, he'd be sitting on a lot of dough.
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

472 R/T SE

If this seller is the astute person he is why on earth did he sell the car piece meal and not maximize his profits by selling as a whole project?  With the aftermarket the way it is now, enough time & $$ should be able to rescue any rusted out sub-frame car.  A quick research here shows how extensive the work goes into getting these cars' repaired.

Yes I'm aware some cars' are worth more parted out but I think this one is an exception.  :Twocents:

Ghoste

THAT'S exactly why I'm thinking this one is  :icon_bs: !  Someone who I respect greatly has proven to me the potential for such a car to exist but no one has come forward with an actual car.  Now when Chris says he knows of one, that means a lot and when he says Keisler owns it, that means something as well.

rfranklin

Just curious if there has been more info come to light about the possibility of the XP-J? If it is in a different thread i apologize, i must not have seen it. thanks!