News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2002 Ford Escursion Electrical woes

Started by Bob, August 26, 2010, 05:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Interior and running board lights stay on and the door ajar light is on. I think it's a door switch.
Headlights come on by themselves. Body module?

Anybody got any ideas. It's a good friend of mine and told him I would check in to it.
Thanks guys.
Bob

b5blue

There are some good Ford forums out there. Do a search on it, I did the same for my neighbors sister, she has a Windstar.  :2thumbs:

twodko

Hi Bob,

I've done a brief search on this and it turns out that the problem is........wait for it........its a Ford! hahahaha

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Bob

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 26, 2010, 07:04:39 PM
F ix
O r
R epair
D aily

He is a 76 year old Venezuelan. He has very little money and can't get around to good. I will let him know you have figured out his problem.  :D

Charger RT

a scan tool might come in handy on that. Not the ones at parts stores either. That truck has several computers and if there is a code or data to read it won't be in the engine computer.
Tim

Charger RT

ok i looked at mitchell and the running board lights and front door entry lights are controlled by an interior lamp relay that looks like it is part of the instrument cluster. the relay is controlled by a microprocessor that is also part of the cluster.

there are no door switches running to the cluster BUT the cluster is buss controlled.

I found 4 door switches marked as door ajar switches. one wire of each of those switches is grounded at the left C pillar. the other side of those switches all go to the vehicle security module located behind left side of dash.
l/f goes to pin 4 r/f goes to pin 5 r/r goes to pin 6 and l/r goes to pin 11
that module is also buss controlled so i would guess that module tells the cluster to turn on and off the lights.
I hope that info helps.
Tim
forgot to add the headlights have 2 circuits I would need to know if the vehicle is equipped with DRL to look at it.

ACUDANUT

Bob

Well, yesterday before I had a chance to do anything he got frustrated and traded it in. 1.5k for a 02 as trade. I would have bought it for that.
Thanks for the responses guys.
Bob

ACUDANUT

Well, everything old and new is going to have some glitches (it's man made...meaning it is not perfect).  Sounds like he got taken. :Twocents:

TylerCharger69

ACUDANUT

What ever...I bet you own a rice burner.

Bob

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 03, 2010, 04:28:54 PM
Well, everything old and new is going to have some glitches (it's man made...meaning it is not perfect).  Sounds like he got taken. :Twocents:

Yes, I believe so but he is happy now.