News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tail Panel Or rear Valance Pannel With end pieces

Started by MORFF, August 26, 2010, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MORFF

Ok boys sorry going to have a lot of questions this month allot going on here. My father-in-law got welder and him and I are doing to replacement of body panels. I am replacing the Tail panel and Rear Valance with end pieces on my 69 Charger. Does it matter which one you do first. I hear if you take out tail panel you can fit in your full trunk panel which i have to do as well. Looking forward to input tks guys.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

Mike DC

They sell trunkfloors in 1- and 2-piece items.  The factory did it with one big piece but it will not fit through the trunklid opening that way.  The taillight panel would need to be removed to fit a 1-piece replacement trunkfloor in. 

You need to take the back end of the car apart carefully and study how all those pieces were woven together.  It's kind of complicated. 

The worst pieces tend to be the lower corners that tie the valance panel to the quarters.  There's too much variation from one car to another with all those different panels, and even good reproductions of the corner pieces usually need some "massaging" to fit perfectly. 

MORFF

OK TKS FOR INFO I HAVE THE FULL 1 piece TRUNK PANEL. i WAS GOING TO TAKE OUT TAIL PANEL TO PUT THAT IN BUT I ALSO HAVE TO REPLACE MY Rear VALANCE PANEL SO JUST DID NOT WANT TO TWEEK THE TRUNK LATCH BRACKET BY REPLACING THE WRONG PANEL FIRST THANKS AGAIN FOR INFO  MIKE DC.

Nice they got the AMD Rear Valance pannel pickking it up this Thursday.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

69*F5*SE

Hey MORFF, a full trunk pan will fit through the opening with just the lower valance removed also. You just have to get the trunk latch support out of the way by cutting the spotwelds.  This is exactly what I have to do also.  So, unless you have a rotted taillight panel that "has" to be removed, you don't have to remove it with the valance to get a one piece full trunk pan in.

MORFF

Ok thanks did not know that but I have to replace both panels.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

mikepmcs

take some pictures for reference prior to demo.

and post em up on here of course for us to gawk at.  ;D
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?