News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Leaf Spring Shackles

Started by 79JON, December 18, 2005, 07:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

79JON

Hey   Ive got a 68 dodge Coronet,  and Im thinking of putting some leaf spring shackles on the rear.   The car kinda sits alittle low in the rear and I want to raise it up a notch.  Im just wondering if anyone could give me any tips on how to put them on.   To make it as easy as possible.    Thanks

8WHEELER

If you are saying you want to add long rear leaf shackles just to raise the car I will say don't do it.
Springs are not made to work that way, I have seen a few on ebay lately that the spring in the rear
is starting to ark the wrong way, destroying the only handling you ever had. And these cars don't
raise 4in when you put in a 4in longer shackle its about 1in then the spring bends. Get some different
springs or have yours re-arced at a spring shop, you will be much better off  ;)

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

deputycrawford

I agree. Mancini Racing has a new set of extra heavy duty R/T springs for around $100. They have six leafs on the drivers side and 7 leafs on the passenger side. Rides great and the car is at proper ride height. I did that, then added the adjustable shackles to them and they are perfect. I have 28 inch tall drag radials on the rear that never rub at all. Spend the $100 and never look back. Unless its at the ricer you just blew off...lol
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

y3chargerrt

The set of XHD springs are $199.95 pair from Mancini.

deputycrawford

I'm sorry. You are correct. The Mancini leafs are $200. What was I thinking about last night. A few less beers next time  LOL. I still fell the same about the rest of the post. There's nothing like the confidence of a new set of leafs. The ride quality is great.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.