News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Strange Dana 60 rearend with disc brakes - emergency brake?

Started by Marck, August 26, 2010, 12:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marck

Hi guys..

I've done a search for this topic, but haven't got any answers, so here goes..

I bought a Strange Dana 60 rearend with factory mounted disc brake setup. I later found out, that my original emergency brake cables on the car (for drumbrakes) won't fit on the calipers on my new rearend. I searched the internet, but I can't find them anywhere off the shelf..
I emailed Strange, and they told me that a business called Lokar can custom fabricate them for me, but I'm guessing big bucks for that..

Anybody have any thought or ideas on where I should go from here..?

Regards

Marck

Marck

A quick pic of the attachment point on the brakecaliper..

Marck

Rolling_Thunder

those look like Wilwood disc brakes -  they will need the cables from Lokar -  not exactly big bucks compared to the rear end...      :Twocents:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Mefirst

I bought a D60 rear axel from Dr. Diff. Its a Strange piece.. It has Ford callipers and it came with parking brake cables.. Try to contact Dr. Diff, may be he can help you... doctordiff@gmail.com

/Tom

Marck

Thanks for your ideas and suggestions, I will contact both Lokar and Dr. Diff...
:2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: Mefirst on August 29, 2010, 04:37:35 PM
I bought a D60 rear axel from Dr. Diff. Its a Strange piece.. It has Ford callipers and it came with parking brake cables.. Try to contact Dr. Diff, may be he can help you... doctordiff@gmail.com

/Tom

Ditto  :iagree: