News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Moparfest - Canada's Largest Show - August 21/22

Started by Dodge Don, July 28, 2010, 06:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

I'm going even though i'm still recovering from the drive home from the Nats!

BBKNARF

Hope to see some of you there, is there anything I should look for to know your from the forum ?
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

DC_1

Quote from: BBKNARF on August 16, 2010, 08:38:39 PM
Hope to see some of you there, is there anything I should look for to know your from the forum ?

I'll wear something Mopar, that shoud make me stand out!  :icon_smile_big:

BBKNARF

Quote from: Sydmoe on August 16, 2010, 09:09:31 PM
Quote from: BBKNARF on August 16, 2010, 08:38:39 PM

I'll wear something Mopar, that shoud make me stand out!  :icon_smile_big:
Great that shouldn't be to hard  :lol:
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4

Dodge Don

ODZKing

maxwellwedge

I'll be there Saturday - Hope the rain holds off all weekend.

lexxman

Here at the show a lot of great cars. I feel rain I think.

ODZKing

Yeah, unfortunately rained all afternoon.  I'll have pictures a bit later thisevening.
The forcast flip flopped, now it looks better tomorrow.

ODZKing

OK, pics from today. And the weather guessers had it backward but somewhat correct. Rain today and just clouds and sun tomorrow.
This is the first Moparfest where it has rained like this. We've had sprinkles or even a shower but it is usually gone by the end. Today it was a light rain almost all day.
But, it is always at great show. Pictures link below. However I should explain some of the pictures first.
In past years we've always gone up through Buffalo and cross at the Lewiston/Queenston bridge. Last year we waited 2.5 hours to cross. So we decided ... enough, and took a more scenic route this year. We drove to Cape Vincent and boarded a ferry to Wolfe Island (Canada). The ferry only holds 10 cars so as you can imagine customs was a "no lines, no waiting" situation. Then we drove across Wolfe Island and boarded the larger ferry to Kingston, Ontario at which point we drove to the 401 and on into Kitchner. We caught some traffic which slowed us down around Toronto but overall very enjoyable. The pictures will be updated after we get home tomorrow with (hopefully) Sunday's pictures.
http://www.retrorarities.com/Moparfest10/index.html

DC_1

Here are some of my pics. Sorry for the poor image quality. Setting on my camera were messed up and made some of them turn out dark and I never realized till I got home.

Btw, Dodge Don's car looked amazing and I got the chance to finally meet him.

Moparfest 2010 Pics

Dodge Don

It was a pleasure meeting Sydmoe, RIDELIKEHELL and BBKNARF. Good guys  :2thumbs:

Spent a good chunk of Saturday afternoon with Chris G and his father.

While I was pleased to have my car selected for the arena display I gotta say I'm looking forward to parking in the show field next year so I can put up a tent, a few chairs and a cooler so I have a home. Being in the arena was like being a nomad.

The one vehicle that stood out to me above all the rest was that wild van....looked like something you'd build to survive in a world taken over by zombies.  :o

lexxman

I didn't go on Sunday,just headed home early.Besides I spent all my money on Saturday, :icon_smile_big:
Don I saw your car ,when I was around I don't think you were around(on saturday morning). It looks great,
I did get to pick up some needed parts. :2thumbs:

Rockatanski

It was great to meet you Don, you have a beautiful car. I didn't know what to think when I saw that van you are talking about, I thought it was made to be a wasteland "MadMax" type, but your zombie thought works too

Bob T

A powerful amount of photos guys, thanks for posting them. Looks like a great trip up there too.
Its winter and cold here so no car shows or runs, and yeah hanging out for pics from some warm car shows on the other side of the world  :2thumbs:

Cheers Bob T
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

ODZKing

Quote from: ODZKing on August 21, 2010, 08:51:06 PM
OK, pics from today. And the weather guessers had it backward but somewhat correct. Rain today and just clouds and sun tomorrow.
This is the first Moparfest where it has rained like this. We've had sprinkles or even a shower but it is usually gone by the end. Today it was a light rain almost all day.
But, it is always at great show. Pictures link below. However I should explain some of the pictures first.
In past years we've always gone up through Buffalo and cross at the Lewiston/Queenston bridge. Last year we waited 2.5 hours to cross. So we decided ... enough, and took a more scenic route this year. We drove to Cape Vincent and boarded a ferry to Wolfe Island (Canada). The ferry only holds 10 cars so as you can imagine customs was a "no lines, no waiting" situation. Then we drove across Wolfe Island and boarded the larger ferry to Kingston, Ontario at which point we drove to the 401 and on into Kitchner. We caught some traffic which slowed us down around Toronto but overall very enjoyable. The pictures will be updated after we get home tomorrow with (hopefully) Sunday's pictures.
http://www.retrorarities.com/Moparfest10/index.html
Updated with Sunday's pictures.
A beautiful day, nice breeze and not really hot. Wish it wasn't so nasty for Wellington Motors Cruise in Saturday night.  We didn't go, not sure if they even held it.  Oh well.
Met a few folks from here, wish I could have bumped into more.  A few stopped to see me and I wasn't there and vise/versa.
Had rain most of the way home ... I'm going to be cleaning my car for a week!

BBKNARF

Great show, also had a chance to meet a of members from the forum  :2thumbs: beautiful car Don, 70 Charger plum crazy  :2thumbs:

BBKNARF

Few more.

BBKNARF

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Dodge Don

Wow! Even though it rained a bit both days they had 1,596 show cars and 243 vendors.

Keeps growing each year.