News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Traffic Jam From Hell

Started by tricky lugnuts, August 24, 2010, 05:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tricky lugnuts

Looks like fun: 60 mile traffic jam in China expected to last into September:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704125604575449173989748704.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Read a great science fiction short story by Gene Wolfe one time about the Spaghetti Bowl - life in a traffic jam that never cleared and eventually became a permanent settlement.

bakerhillpins

Yea, that's basically what's happening. Apparently shop keepers are setting up satellite shops on the road to service those stuck in it.

I must say, after making world headlines, if I lived anywhere near that place I would be taking surface roads! What the heck are people thinking when they get on the road and head in the direction of the jam???  :brickwall:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Highbanked Hauler

I wonder if prices at Wal Mart will go up in a few weeks because of that traffic jam? :smilielol: :smilielol:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Axels73Charger

Done some growing up. Not going to do much on this account tho. Doesnt fit the more mature me.

71charger_fan

When we went to NC about a week and a half ago, I-95 was a parking lot from the DC Beltway to the I-95/I-295 split just above Richmond. That's got to be 80 or 90 miles.

41husk

On the radio this morning they said it was cleared up now :shruggy:  How could they clear up that mess that fast.  Said it seemed to just start moving over night.  Must have been Chineeses fire drills :rofl:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

PocketThunder

Quote from: 41husk on August 26, 2010, 08:20:44 AM
On the radio this morning they said it was cleared up now :shruggy:  How could they clear up that mess that fast.  Said it seemed to just start moving over night.  Must have been Chineeses fire drills :rofl:

WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA!!!!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bull