News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front disk parts ID

Started by Dmichels, December 25, 2012, 10:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dmichels

So I am at Carlile a year ago and I am walking out. Right in front of me is a a box with a front disc brake set up says "Fits B body" for $50. Like a fool I did not ask what i came out of. Now it has B body type lower ball joints and pin type single piston calipers. Can anyone lead me in the right direction and help me try and figure what exactly I have?
Thanks Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

green69rt

Can you post up pics and/or are there part #s you can find??

Dmichels

Everything was very rusty this is the best I could come up with
spindle 2535420
caliper bracket 86152
lower ball joint 244000027
caliper kh86145
68 440 4 speed 4.10

John_Kunkel

Looks like the 2535420 (right) and 2535421 (left) spindles are for a '69-'71 C-body.

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Dmichels

Thanks John
Now at least I know what I have. I not sure if they will work for me I think I read some where that the c body spindle was taller and messed up the geometry
68 440 4 speed 4.10

HPP

Yes, they are something like 3/4" taller. Whether or not that messes up geometry depends on what you do with the car.  Also, the lower ball joint mounting holes are wider, the rotor bearings are smaller, and over all they are not a real desireable piece except for the c body crowd. Good news is at $50, you can probably sell them to a C body guy over at the C barge drydock.

Dmichels

Disk brakes are not high on my to-do list. I am busy putting the car back together after a paintjob The car stops pretty good with the 4 wheel power drum. When I am ready to do it I will get the "right" parts. I have too much time and money into this to use parts that will sort-of fit and work. Any idea wht I should ask for this stuff? Of cource I would trade for a B body set up
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10