News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

needed Vega Hatch

Started by unrulyprocuda, August 23, 2010, 11:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unrulyprocuda

the one i had fell through i need a good rust free good glass and trim vega hatch for a daytona project i prefer no louvers
i will be at monster mopar and hope that one of you out missouri kansas arkansas way will meet me there with what im looking for
let me know whats available. we have tried this before. the guy i bought the car from supposedly had one that came with the car it was in storage im tired of waiting
i need it now email me and let me know what you got thanks.

moparstuart

my buddy wayne had a couple but may have sold them ?  He is coming to monster mopar  email him and see ?

farmboy36b@comcast.net(farmboy36b@comcast.net)
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nascarxx29

Also the Pontiac Astre hatch can be used
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

BigBlockSam

good one's are hard to find
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Howie has three of them stored here at my shop. I think two of them are spoken for. I'll have to ask him about the third one. I'll be at MMW. It should fit in the back seat of the bird.
That was a joke. I'm bringing the truck.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

unrulyprocuda

hotrod 98 arent you located in arkansas i actually forgot until i was already there i should of contacted you last week before the weekend i was in Mena arkansas and i talked with a fellow that new larry roper his name was fuz he was going to ask him if he had one to sell thanks.

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 24, 2010, 04:50:57 PM
Howie has three of them stored here at my shop. I think two of them are spoken for. I'll have to ask him about the third one. I'll be at MMW. It should fit in the back seat of the bird.
stop trying to sell my daytona parts larry   :icon_smile_big:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on August 25, 2010, 08:52:53 AM
Quote from: hotrod98 on August 24, 2010, 04:50:57 PM
stop trying to sell my daytona parts larry   :icon_smile_big:

Can i sell the ones Ive got here?  :nana:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hotrod98

I talked to Howie last night and two of the hatches are spoken for. The third one has some rust around the glass but I can't remember how bad. I'll look at it and take some pics. Seems like it wasn't too bad.
I live about 90 miles north of Mena. That little town has several high tech automotive related  companies. Brodix, Street and Performance and Tony Squire's Hotwire Auto who builds the engine conversion wiring harnesses.
Stu, that's why I was asking if you were trailering the car. I was thinking about bringing yours and Lonnie's parts with me just so they wouldn't get lost or damaged.

Charles Addams

41husk

If you are pulling the birdable throw that 8 3/4 in the back of the truck.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on August 25, 2010, 09:51:56 AM
If you are pulling the birdable throw that 8 3/4 in the back of the truck.
sorry i'm not pulling it I dont have a trailer and my tow vehicle has the transmission out of it right now, plus if a show is with in 300 miles of home I have a no trailer rule .   :yesnod:

oh and brian you dont sell my daytona parts either  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

I need a body man to install them , so one of you two step up   :slap: :nana: :smilielol:

hotrod98

If it's over 100 miles, I have a "put it on the trailer" rule. I love sitting back with the cruise set on 70 and the Serius satellite radio set to the comedy station.  ;D

Charles Addams

learical1

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 25, 2010, 03:37:32 PM
If it's over 100 miles, I have a "put it on the trailer" rule. I love sitting back with the cruise set on 70 and the Serius satellite radio set to the comedy station.  ;D

Just add A/C, cruise (set at 90) and a satellite radio to Black Ice. :yesnod:   I drove the Hemi 'Bird from Phoenix to LA and back for the WW 1978 meet, and took it again to Denver and back for the NHOA meet in '79.  Without A/C, cruise, and "what the hell is satellite radio?".  Of course, I didn't have nearly as much into my 'Bird as you do... ;D
Bruce

moparstuart

Quote from: learical1 on August 25, 2010, 04:12:07 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on August 25, 2010, 03:37:32 PM

Just add A/C, cruise (set at 90) and a satellite radio to Black Ice. :yesnod:   I drove the Hemi 'Bird from Phoenix to LA and back for the WW 1978 meet, and took it again to Denver and back for the NHOA meet in '79.  Without A/C, cruise, and "what the hell is satellite radio?".  Of course, I didn't have nearly as much into my 'Bird as you do... ;D
mine is always broken , but I drive the hell out of it everywhere

hotrod98

I have a gear vendor's overdrive for the bird, but haven't had time to install it. That would make it drive a little better on the freeway. Those 3:54 gears in the dana 60 are a little low.
This bird will never have a/c though. I have enough trouble keeping it cool as it is.

Charles Addams

41husk

My rule is never trailor to a show less than a 2 hour drive, but can trailor home any distance after I break stuff :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on August 26, 2010, 02:15:51 PM
My rule is never trailor to a show less than a 2 hour drive, but can trailor home any distance after I break stuff :brickwall:
I break stuff all the time , just comes with the green car ,  Maybe I can get Dave K. to bless it and say a prayer over it at monster mopar ?  Any priests in the house can we get an exorcism ? or a  Rabbi  ? anyone anyone  
 the car has to be cursed  

learical1

Quote from: moparstuart on August 26, 2010, 02:23:07 PM
Any priests in the house can we get an exorcism ?

<sprinkles holy water>
The Power of Christ compels you!

(I went to Catholic school for 9 years, and one of my classmates is a priest.)
{And before the comments are made, that was First through Eighth Grade, and freshman year of high school.}
Bruce

moparstuart

Quote from: learical1 on August 26, 2010, 03:21:41 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on August 26, 2010, 02:23:07 PM
Any priests in the house can we get an exorcism ?

<sprinkles holy water>
The Power of Christ compels you!

(I went to Catholic school for 9 years, and one of my classmates is a priest.)
{And before the comments are made, that was First through Eighth Grade, and freshman year of high school.}
is he willing to video conference with my car   :smilielol: :shruggy:

BigBlockSam

maybe you can sacrifice a chicken to get rid of the evil spirits .  :D
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

nvrbdn

ok, dont all yell at me at the same time cuz i dont know, but will a hatchback from a fox body work???  i got one left here and could get it to ya .
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 26, 2010, 04:52:01 PM
maybe you can sacrifice a chicken to get rid of the evil spirits .  :D
voo doo  baby  i'm game if it can get rid of the gremlins 

moparstuart

Quote from: nvrbdn on August 26, 2010, 09:19:46 PM
ok, dont all yell at me at the same time cuz i dont know, but will a hatchback from a fox body work???  i got one left here and could get it to ya .
no way to big of a glass surface area

hemi24

this is off our local craigslist hope it helps someone out.

76 VEGA 2 door, 4 cyl. - $500 (Belle Plaine) 
http://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/1919353444.html
1976 2 door vega GT, good engine, trans, and gears. New tires ready for the road.

contact me at 316-305-4697
My name is Freeman

C500Aero

If you haven't found one yet, there was a place where i got mine from a yard in Minnesota - the guys had two (one vega, one pontiac astre - both 76's) of which I bought one and had shipped out to California.  It cost me 180 for the hatch w/glass and trim and 200 to ship it to Cali.  I'll get the name of the place and will post it so you can call them.
71 Gran Coupe Barracuda, 383-4bbl
71 Challenger, 340-4bbl
69 Charger 500. 528 Hemi (cloning in process)
70 GTX 440-6bbl