News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW.. naah it couldnt be!.. could it?

Started by RD, August 18, 2010, 10:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

not trying to knock the guy for getting what he thinks his car is worth.. but really.. when has a 77 aspen wagon equaled the $$$ of a 73 running charger? it may have only 77k miles (but that doesnt make it a survivor).  It may be rust free... but ultimately.. its just a aspen wagon!  not rare or desirable.  I mean.. no fricken way right?  right??  :shruggy:  who knows.. i dont.

he wants $5300 for it

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Todd Wilson

HAHAHAHA!   I'd give him 800$ for it!   There was a guy at a show several years ago with a aspen car which happened to be all stock and very nice. He wanted several thousand $$$  then for it. I laughed and walked off.

Todd

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Darkman

I like it.....kind of the Brady's meet the Griswald's...
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

TruckDriver

:o I haven't seen one since my cousin's dad had a green one with a factory 4spd. back in high school.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bakerhillpins

:o :o :o

If the paint on that car was tan/light bronze and it had a Volare badge it would be the car that I grew up with. Man does that bring back some memories of camping trips.  :smilielol:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Cooter

They's two ways to look at this....

Either he has one helluvan expensive Aspen wagon, or that's one helluva cheap '73 Running Charger...Your Choice..I personally wouldn't give $5300.00 for either, but that's another story altogether.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

TK73

Barrett-Jackson effect...   

Been seeing a LOT of that on Craigs List :RantExplode: :brickwall:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

nh_mopar_fan

Did you catch the Aspen Sport wagon on ebag last week?

Rare and pretty sharp for a wagon.

Black Charger

My dad bought a white Aspen wagon with a red interior brand new back in 1978. He said it was one of the biggest piles of crap he ever drove. He couldn't wait to get rid of it a few years later.

Cooter

Quote from: TK73 on August 19, 2010, 04:11:17 PM
Barrett-Jackson effect...   

Been seeing a LOT of that on Craigs List :RantExplode: :brickwall:

I'd think you would be hard pressed to get that kinda money for that wagon even before B.J......B.J. just has made things alot worse granted...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

SRT-440

Maybe next time the pic can be taken without the laundry hanging in the back ground!!!  :rofl:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

PocketThunder

Quote from: SRT-440 on August 20, 2010, 07:08:22 AM
Maybe next time the pic can be taken without the laundry hanging in the back ground!!!  :rofl:

Thats what i thought.  Do the clean shirts come with the car?   :rofl:  :rofl:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi-hampton

stripedelete

ACUDANUT

I think it was a type error. He meant $53.00

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 21, 2010, 09:08:32 AM
I think it was a type error. He meant $53.00

Damn! give at least $530 LOL...

that one will worth down here in Venezuela those US$5300... for sure!!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

TeeWJay426

74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Darkman

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on August 20, 2010, 08:07:00 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rare-Dodge-Aspen-R-T-RT-Sport-Muscle-Wagon-Nice-Car-/350383941262?pt=US_Cars_Trucks

You could have warned those eating dinner that the following link may cause you to vomite!

I nearly  :puke: when I saw that! Did he make the body kit himself? I seriously hope that there weren't more of them made!
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!