News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need Your Help!

Started by NYCMille, August 23, 2010, 04:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCMille

Hey Guys -

Back in January I was fortunate enough to get on the cover of Hemming's Muscle Machines with "ANGRIER", the matte black 1969 Daytona clone we built. Well, I was recently notified that it was now up for Muscle Machine of the Year against some of the other beautiful rides that have also been seen in the pages of the magazine. For those you that read HMM you'll no doubt know that they generally do not publish pro-touring cars and if they do they certainly do not get on the cover, so for us this was a huge deal. 

The voting process for the Muscle Machine of the Year Candidates can be found here: http://www.hemmings.com/mmoy/ and without sounding too much like a politician, I'd love to ask you guys to throw in a vote for the Daytona, but only if you feel it deserves to win. My thought is that hopefully like the Charger's we all own, the Daytona will continue to bring more enthusiasts out of the woodwork to restore these cars in whatever manner they choose.

Thanks guys - Mike

WHITE AND RED 69

Its got my vote.  :2thumbs:  The daytona definitly deserves it. Its way cooler than any of the other cars its up against.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Troy

Dunno man, the twin Boss 429s, the 427 Comet, and the convertible GT500 are pretty sweet. Whatever, I voted for you any way. :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

68X426

Mike, it ain't bragging (or politicking) when you can back it up. You got my vote. :2thumbs:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

69bronzeT5

Done :2thumbs: I got quite a laugh on the Supercars forum when those stock muscle car guys were flippin' sh*t cause the Daytona got on the cover and HMM is supposed to be a 'stock' muscle car magazine. If you get Car of the Year, that would really show them :D
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

71ChallengeHer

Nice 71 Plum Crazy Chally but I voted for Angrier.  :2thumbs: :cheers:

Back N Black

moparstuart

i voted for it twice  :2thumbs:   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

b5blue

tricky lugnuts

Good Luck!

Gave you one vote. Hands down, you got the baddest looking ride on there.  :cheers:

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

chargergirl

Trust your Woobie!

mikepmcs

great write up too.  :2thumbs:
givem hell.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brock Samson

WOW! Some really interesting rides like the GRAND SPORT and the AMX/R not the black camaro in my way of thinking...  :shruggy: anyhow,.. chalk one vote up from me!

Memphis Mopar

E5 Charger

NYCMille

Guys THANK YOU, THANK YOU!  :cheers:

b5blue

How much/many CAN WE/I VOTE?  :D

ChargerĀ“69

Yes, there was few interesting cars but this was really the best, so you got my vote also  :2thumbs:
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

jaak

Another vote. Good luck, Mike!  :2thumbs:

Jason

mikepmcs

Quote from: b5blue on August 23, 2010, 07:11:03 PM
How much/many CAN WE/I VOTE?  :D

Well, I won't say I condone this but just as a test I clicked on the link again to see if it would let me vote twice.... and my assumption was correct. It appears to let the user cast a second vote.  Wanting to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I closed it out and clicked on the link again only to find the same scenario facing me which visually looked like I might possibly be able to once again select Mikey's ride and submit yet again.
Now the only problem with this is...I have OCD. SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

hemi24

mikesbbody

Another vote for Angrier  :2thumbs:

vancamp

Chalk up another vote for Angrier, hope you win..