News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's it worth? 76 PowerWagon

Started by chargd72, August 23, 2010, 02:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

What I know about it:

W200 3/4 ton 4x4
'67 BB 383
727 trans
NP203 transfer case
4.10 gears
Good driving condition / needs brake tune up

Don't know much about these so any estimate is appreciated  :2thumbs:

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Troy

Looks like mine:

The firewall looks pretty rusty - how is it underneath?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

chargd72

According to him, rails and pans are good.  I'll be going to check it out tomorrow to see it first hand. 

Bad @$$ truck by the way!

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Troy

Mine's an "Adventurer Sport" with a factory 440, automatic, NP 205, A/C, and cruise. There's no rust anywhere and I probably overpaid because of it. That truck appears to be solid but that section on the firewall is very scary.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Todd Wilson

Rear cab mounts and the areas on the floor where the seatbelts hook to rust out terrible on these trucks.
I wouldnt give much for it.

Todd

chargd72

I'm shooting for under $2,000. Is that reasonable?

Todd Wilson

Quote from: chargd72 on August 23, 2010, 09:22:15 PM
I'm shooting for under $2,000. Is that reasonable?

If it is super straight and rust free 2000$ I would say is a ok price. Is that Texas tags on it? If so then it may very well be rust free or close to it.

Todd

chargd72

Quote from: Todd Wilson on August 24, 2010, 12:12:46 AM

If it is super straight and rust free 2000$ I would say is a ok price. Is that Texas tags on it? If so then it may very well be rust free or close to it.

Todd

Yep, it's a TX truck and has very minimal rust. But like Troy, I'm concerned with the firewall. 

89MOPAR

Friends and i used to say " any good running 4x4 truck should be worth $1500" , that was 10 years ago. Were we right ? maybe  :shruggy:    there weren't nearly as many used all wheel drive vehicles around then though.
$2000 seems fair if its a runner driver.
Maybe this truck had a heater/ blower unit originally set up for A/C, looks like maybe i see an A/C bracket on the motor.
Just as a guess , i am supposing that is discoloration [rust colored] of the "insulation padding" that goes under and around the blower motor.  Looking at the cowl above, and the hood hinge areas, they look nice and solid.  Why would it rust only locally at the firewall?
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

GPULLER

Offer $1500 and see what happens.  If the firewall turns out to be real bad, part it out and make some money.   

See lots of parts on that truck that I need!  (but dont have the money)

Todd Wilson

Looking at that firewall picture I think thats some of the insulation stuff thats on it. It may not be as bad as it looks. These trucks like to rust from the inside out. Look great and then rust thru the paint.

todd

chargd72

Quote from: 89MOPAR on August 24, 2010, 10:14:13 AM
Friends and i used to say " any good running 4x4 truck should be worth $1500" , that was 10 years ago. Were we right ? maybe  :shruggy:    there weren't nearly as many used all wheel drive vehicles around then though.
$2000 seems fair if its a runner driver.
Maybe this truck had a heater/ blower unit originally set up for A/C, looks like maybe i see an A/C bracket on the motor.
Just as a guess , i am supposing that is discoloration [rust colored] of the "insulation padding" that goes under and around the blower motor.  Looking at the cowl above, and the hood hinge areas, they look nice and solid.  Why would it rust only locally at the firewall?

I was thinking the A/C thing as well but my eye isn't trained enough to know the difference.  But since it's a '76 with a 383 in it, no telling what used to be there.  I'll be keeping my fingers crossed about the insulation padding until I check it out.  Thanks

471_Magnum

"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."