News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Man, it's HOT in Houston..

Started by hemi68charger, August 22, 2010, 04:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Whew !!!! Why do we put ourselves through this? Mopar fun I guess......... 100+ degrees.......

Had a little show-n-shine at one of the local Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealerships.. It was in conjunction with the other Gillman Subaru dealership in the Gillman autoplex. Tons of cars, new and old, were there... Nice turnout... The Jeep club of Houston was in full force.......

[image]http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL832/3604684/23444664/391099984.jpg[/img]

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

mikesbbody

Nice pics! I could never complain about it being too hot though  :coolgleamA:

hemi68charger

Quote from: mikesbbody on August 22, 2010, 08:11:43 PM
Nice pics! I could never complain about it being too hot though  :coolgleamA:

Dude.. I've been in 140 degree weather in Iraq with zero % humidity and 103 here with 70% to 80% humidity,,,,,, I'll take Iraq..  :eek2:

Seriously, it's OK when you're prepared and have PLENTY of cool water........ 
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

mikesbbody

I thought Phoenix was Bad enough! is that you parked next to the 71 RT?

Bob T

Great pics, looks like a top day out  :2thumbs:

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

tan top

good pictures Troy , thanks for posting :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi68charger

Quote from: mikesbbody on August 23, 2010, 01:36:10 AM
I thought Phoenix was Bad enough! is that you parked next to the 71 RT?

Yeap... That's Tuffy's cool '71 and Teddy's '70 'bee.....
Troy

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

hemi68charger

You're welcome guys and thanks for the positive replies, unlike some of the sarcastic ones on another board....

Would have been nice to get up on the roof of the dealership and taken a pic....
Troy

ACUDANUT

It's hot everywhere...."It's nice when your with a lady,,,,But ain't no good by yourself".  GMV

71ChallengeHer

Great pics.  :2thumbs: I'm loving the 70 Bee.  :drool5:  It's been a really hot summer here , too. But hanging out with your friends and beautiful Mopars.  :cheers:

68RT4ME

Great pics Troy. I know how you feel though. I was at a show in Tampa last weekend and it was over 100 degrees. Felt worse when you factor in the humidity  :eek2:. I hate summer shows. Can't wait for winter show season down here.
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

hemi68charger

Quote from: 68RT4ME on August 23, 2010, 10:51:28 AM
Great pics Troy. I know how you feel though. I was at a show in Tampa last weekend and it was over 100 degrees. Felt worse when you factor in the humidity  :eek2:. I hate summer shows. Can't wait for winter show season down here.

Tell me about it.. At least we grew up in "Sunny" South Florida, so I'm "used" to it. (If there's really a thing as being used to it)......... Hey, does Diana know you have some strange blond posing on your '71?.  :icon_smile_big:
Troy

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 23, 2010, 03:46:53 AM
You're welcome guys and thanks for the positive replies, unlike some of the sarcastic ones on another board....

Would have been nice to get up on the roof of the dealership and taken a pic....

Arent you in the air force?  just go grab one of their choppers and get a sky pic.!   :icon_smile_big:   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

68RT4ME

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 23, 2010, 10:56:23 AM
Quote from: 68RT4ME on August 23, 2010, 10:51:28 AM

Tell me about it.. At least we grew up in "Sunny" South Florida, so I'm "used" to it. (If there's really a thing as being used to it)......... Hey, does Diana know you have some strange blond posing on your '71?.  :icon_smile_big:

Who do you think took the pic...lol  :rofl:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 23, 2010, 11:14:21 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on August 23, 2010, 03:46:53 AM

Arent you in the air force?  just go grab one of their choppers and get a sky pic.!   :icon_smile_big:   :icon_smile_big:

Ahhh, yeah..... right............. I plan on retiring in 2 years, so.............. I need no controversy....   :icon_smile_big:
Troy

70Sbird

Troy,
It's hot here in the midwest too!
Scott

Scott Faulkner