News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have pics of a disc-o-tech disc brake setup with drilled/slotted rotors?

Started by bull, August 20, 2010, 11:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Recently it's come to my attention that you can now get drilled and/or slotted Fury rotors on Ebay which means anyone who's done the disc-o-tech disc brake swap on a Charger using the 11.75" C-body rotors can have them. I'd like to see pics of that if anyone has this setup yet.

b5blue

You going racing bull? If you are looking at buying new rotors check out NAPA's super H.D. ones they are not slotted or drilled but seem vastly superior to any other I have seen. I plan on getting a pair for my disk swap even though I already bought el'cheapo India made ones that have rusted just sitting in the box for 2 or 3 years waiting for the swap out.   :eek2:

bull

Quote from: b5blue on August 21, 2010, 09:48:31 AM
You going racing bull? If you are looking at buying new rotors check out NAPA's super H.D. ones they are not slotted or drilled but seem vastly superior to any other I have seen. I plan on getting a pair for my disk swap even though I already bought el'cheapo India made ones that have rusted just sitting in the box for 2 or 3 years waiting for the swap out.   :eek2:

No, not going racing (nothing planned anyway) but like any good American I like my heat and gas to dissipate. :D

b5blue

:smilielol:  ME TOO! I'm trying to find NEW calipers (slider type) for the same up grade and having no luck, only re-built.  :shruggy:

bull

I seriously doubt you're going to find new calipers for a disc-o-tech setup. There are too many bolt-on aftermarket new ones out there...

Well, I guess I'm going to be the pioneer when it comes to drilled/slotted disc-o-tech brakes. :icon_smile_big: Stay tuned.

HPP

Heavy, racing use of drilled rotors often result in cracks emminating from the holes. Slots ar eetter form this perspective.

bull

I agree, however, it's pretty difficult to find just slotted rotors. Most are drilled and slotted these days although I did find slotted only rotors for my Dakota.

Any opinions on whether the rounded or pointed slot ends are best? Oh, and then there's the slots that go off the edge of the rotor and basically have no end.

Q-ship

Quote from: bull on August 20, 2010, 11:22:55 PM
Recently it's come to my attention that you can now get drilled and/or slotted Fury rotors on Ebay which means anyone who's done the disc-o-tech disc brake swap on a Charger using the 11.75" C-body rotors can have them. I'd like to see pics of that if anyone has this setup yet.

You can't use C body rotors on a B body.

bull

Hmm. I think you're right which makes me think I may have written something down incorrectly a long time ago because whatever I bought fits my Dart spindles just fine. :shruggy: I thought they were '77 Fury rotors

Anyway, according to the article "You'll also need a pair of rotors and caliper adapters (a.k.a. brackets) from most any '76-'79 B-body or 79-up R-body (St. Regis, etc.)"

dkn1997

Quote from: Q-ship on August 30, 2010, 06:17:55 PM
Quote from: bull on August 20, 2010, 11:22:55 PM

You can't use C body rotors on a B body.

I think late 70's fury is a B or R body...Not a C like the early ones.  and even that B is not like our B's.  confused yet? lol
RECHRGED

dkn1997

I don't know what price you got on the bag, but I was told $150.00 a pair shipped slotted/drilled 11.75 from these guys:

rotorpros.net1@yahoo.com

$160.00 if I wanted them black instead of silver. 
RECHRGED

dkn1997

RECHRGED

bull

Quote from: dkn1997 on September 04, 2010, 06:49:27 AM

$160.00 if I wanted them black instead of silver.  

Are you talking about coatings? If so I'd find out what exactly they're coated with. Some do a black E-coating which won't hold up very well but there's also black zinc and silver zinc which hold up much better.

Quote from: dkn1997 on September 04, 2010, 06:50:29 AM
here is a link to a mopar action article where they ran a set of these on their roadrunner

http://www.rotorpros.net/pdf/mopar.pdf

Cool, thanks. :2thumbs: