News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Exhaust question

Started by SG1022, August 21, 2010, 01:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SG1022

I was looking at a full exhaust it(minus headers) on summit, and they said that they were designed for Hooker Super Comp headers, and that any others might require modification.

My question is, will hooker competition headers, and or the summit base models fit the exhaust system (standard summit headers for a 73 340/360 charger)?

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

SG1022

Axels73Charger

:popcrn: I may have the same problem. Wont find out for a week though...
Done some growing up. Not going to do much on this account tho. Doesnt fit the more mature me.

SG1022

Quote from: Axels73Charger on August 21, 2010, 03:01:17 PM
:popcrn: I may have the same problem. Wont find out for a week though...

Which parts did you order?

Axels73Charger

I was going to order the same exhaust and was looking at. I havent bought the car yet so Im not sure on the headers. Its a 74 Charger SE with a 360. So im at the same problem.
Done some growing up. Not going to do much on this account tho. Doesnt fit the more mature me.

SG1022

Quote from: Axels73Charger on August 21, 2010, 04:15:11 PM
I was going to order the same exhaust and was looking at. I havent bought the car yet so Im not sure on the headers. Its a 74 Charger SE with a 360. So im at the same problem.

The Super comp, and comp headers have the same outlet location/size, according to a Summit employee. It will work  :icon_smile_big:

QuoteHello,
Yes, the SUM-680140 exhaust system should hook up to the Competition headers as well due to the collector outlet locations being the same between the 2 headers. Thanks, Mike

Looks like I found my exhaust system.

Khyron

Buy 2 sets, one for the car, and the other for when that crap thin ass metal rusts through in a year on them summit headers.....

ask me how I know.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Cooter

$200.00/set Summit "Flowtech" headers.......Rusted out in a year..

$600.00/set TTI headers, jet hot coated........Last a lifetime...

Buying the cheapies even though you knew better and having to swap them out inside of a year.......Priceless...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

c00nhunterjoe

i bought the same summit kit but in 3 inch for my car and less mufflers. i installed the flowmaster 50 series suv's on the car. the summit kit said the same thing- designed for hooker super comp headers only. upon install i had the passenger side fit up fine but the driver's side collector vs exhaust pipe was about 3 inches off. a quit measurement and touch of sawzall matched with a quit zip of the welder had it routed and lined up through the stock crossmember location. total mod time was maybe 20 minutes. overall i am very pleased with the kit, came with everything i needed down to hangers and i got it on sale for under 200 bucks. nice clean, smooth bends, nice fitment even being 3 inch and a great price.

this is the connection i had to mod- it is the first weld you see at the left of the screen. the origonal location would have placed the pipe up against the frame rail. all i had to do was remove a section of pipe and reweld it.

the video quality isnt great, taken with my digital camera-
http://www.youtube.com/user/c00nhunterjoe?feature=mhum#p/c/CD53AA672390665D/1/j6pvgS9xf9Q
http://www.youtube.com/user/c00nhunterjoe?feature=mhum#p/c/CD53AA672390665D/0/gQegbFH38s8

SG1022

Quote from: Cooter on August 26, 2010, 05:12:44 PM
$200.00/set Summit "Flowtech" headers.......Rusted out in a year..

$600.00/set TTI headers, jet hot coated........Last a lifetime...

Buying the cheapies even though you knew better and having to swap them out inside of a year.......Priceless...

QuoteBuy 2 sets, one for the car, and the other for when that crap thin ass metal rusts through in a year on them summit headers.....

ask me how I know.

Thanks for the advice, but I had already placed an order for a set of hooker comp headers, and they arrived today. Let's hope these don't rust out in a year?

Thanks for the videos.