News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rage gold vs extreme

Started by chargd72, August 20, 2010, 01:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which filler is the best?

Rage Gold
4 (80%)
Rage Extreme
0 (0%)
other
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

chargd72

I've done a search on here and found a lot of people use Rage Gold for body filler.  But I was wondering if anyone has used Gold & Extreme and could share the pros and cons of each.  Extreme is only a few bucks more than gold.  Thanks.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

AdamMopar

I use Rage Gold.  I haven't tried the Rage Extreme yet, so I can't offer a personal opinion on it.

I have discussed it with some guys who have, and most are still using Rage Gold for what it is worth.

Adam

Silver R/T

I've just used a gallon of Rage Extreme. It sands very nice, pinhole free, pretty good filler overall. I wish it wasn't so expensive
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

elitecustombody

Gold is more of a filler,which still sand easy,has more chance of pinholes, Extreme is more of a skim glaze, it flows like melted butter or cheese,sands like putty with very minimal pinholes, both great product from Evercoat and I recommend them both  :2thumbs:

AMD-Auto Metal Direct  Distributor, email me for all your shetmetal needs

Stefan

chargd72

Quote from: elitecustombody on August 22, 2010, 07:43:12 PM
Gold is more of a filler,which still sand easy,has more chance of pinholes, Extreme is more of a skim glaze, it flows like melted butter or cheese,sands like putty with very minimal pinholes, both great product from Evercoat and I recommend them both  :2thumbs:

Great explaination on the differences.  Thanks for the replies  :cheers:

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

superbirdtom

I use Napa tec supreme bondo.  It in my opinion i better than anything I have ever used   even the   stuf your talking about. I was a rage regular fan, but since NAPA came out with this  stuff iys all I use.  It ands like butter  and the least pinholes Ive ever seen of any bondo and Ive used thm all.  Its not  cheap   but  its worth it.

jaak

Quote from: superbirdtom on August 23, 2010, 12:04:18 PM
I use Napa tec supreme bondo.  It in my opinion i better than anything I have ever used   even the   stuf your talking about. I was a rage regular fan, but since NAPA came out with this  stuff iys all I use.  It ands like butter  and the least pinholes Ive ever seen of any bondo and Ive used thm all.  Its not  cheap   but  its worth it.

I've heard several other people recommend Napa Tec, how much does it run a gallon? Might try it out sometime.

Jason