News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to get the body parts???

Started by snakemau, August 20, 2010, 10:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snakemau

Hey! I'm new to this website and restoration of cars. I don't even have a Charger...YET!!! Here's the deal: at a local dealer there is a 1971 Charger with some front damage. The grill and bumper, hood and a little of the right front panel are busted (it seems was a side front crash). The vendor said it has a 3 auto trans and a 318 engine and also has a 440 to go with it and he wants $4200 for all. He said the car runs and drives fine.  So I'm very interested but have been looking for body part to replace those damaged and get a better idea of how much will it cost me to repair it all. I have a paddockparts catalog but went yesterday to the website and it seems they are out of business??/ and then at Year One they don't really have anything of what I need (unless I can use the parts for the coronet and cudas and others that they do have in stock), so my question is: where can I get those parts and is it a good deal what I'm getting?   Also I don't really have a garage so my idea is buy the car and some parts so i can get it at least in decent shape and then buy the rest of them and fix it. I want to drive it as much as possible, I don't want no shelf queen, I want a beast on the road with me!!!
So any suggestions?

drifter69

If you really want to save yourself some time I would shop a little longer for a car that you don't need body parts for. $4200 should get you a more complete car and then through the money at the drive train 3rd gen's are still out there for a good price. You said it was a 318 car mabey you can find a little more car for your money. Just saying look a little more first. :Twocents:

EccentricMagpies

:iagree:

I don't know if this is some "scam ad" but this is a far better deal IMO.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1904541821.html
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

snakemau

Well yeah that one looks very nice! maybe too good to be true????  But in any case I think drifter is correct, maybe i should just keep looking around and get a better deal!