News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trends in wheels?

Started by Ghoste, August 20, 2010, 06:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I noticed in Columbus last week that there seems to be a change in rims lately.  It seemed to me like a lot of people were going to a "day 2" period look and getting away from dog dish caps, Magnums or recent styles.  Not a majority by any stretch but I did get the impression that there were more Cragars, Keystones, and Radirs than I'd seen in quite a while.

Cooter

Not a huge fan of the Keystone Classics, can handle with the Old skoool Cragars, as long as it ain't those stupid a$$, Huge 26"  "pimp" wheels, I can deal with it...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

sixty8charger

Jayson

PocketThunder

Maybe people are going with what thier budget will allow.   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

41husk

I do love the Craigar SS, all the cool kids had them when I was young.  I guess because I am old I really like the stock wheel, both Rallye and Magnum 500s.  I never cared for the painted steelie with dog dishes, just my  :Twocents:  My dad thinks the Wanna Bee would look better with dog dishes.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

GPULLER

Muscle cars are cool wearing period correct wheels like Cragars, Rockets, or American Racing.  Not a fan of slots or Keystone classics.  I do like some of the newer style 17" and 18" wheels, like the Torque Thrusts. 
Retro is in. Hot Rod magazine has been pushing the retro craze for a while now.  Cars that look like came out of the 60's or 70's, and some that are a little rough around the edges.  Cars you can drive and not worry about a few stone chips or bird shit.  I like it, its cool to see the rotisserie restored cars but also enjoy the drivers.

Cooter

It's funny how people refer to what I used to refer to as "cool", as "retro"...

Pretty bad when all the bands you grew up listening to are now "retro"..

I remember when it wasn't cool to be seen in anything with primer spots, faded original paint, Cragars, Air shocks, Ladder bars, Huge Tunnels rams sticking through the hood belching obnoxious amounts of raw, unburned fuel out the tail pipes...Now, All of a sudden, It's "retro" and "cool" again...

I guess I was "Cool" and "retro" way back in 1986, and didn't know it....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

mikepmcs

Quote from: Cooter on August 20, 2010, 06:51:48 AM
Not a huge fan of the Keystone Classics, can handle with the Old skoool Cragars, as long as it ain't those stupid a$$, Huge 26"  "pimp" wheels, I can deal with it...
Agreed.... Keystone Classics are absolutely my least favorite wheel on the planet.  I don't think they look good on any car period.  :Twocents:
Man, I've wanted to say that for a really long time.  :pushup:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Ghoste

I never cared for Keystones at all back in the day but I like them now.  I suppose if they were good enough for Ronnie Sox who am I to argue?
And Cooter buddy, not understanding when "cool" became "retro" just means you're old.  It's okay I'm right there beside you.

moparguy01

I've thought many times of putting cragar ss rims on my triple black 74 charger. I've always liked them. But I can deal without keystones

Rolling_Thunder

I had 14" keystones come on the 66 vert Satty I picked up almost 2 years ago (damn time flies) - I liked how they looked but they were rusted and shit looking...    I have a set of cragers that will be going on when I get off my ass and get it back on the ground.  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Just 6T9 CHGR

Someone say retro?  ;)
Thats why I went with the Cragars myself.

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

sixty8charger

those eliminators 500s.... yeah, i want those... maybe black with the chrome ring accent.... hmmm
Jayson

BrianShaughnessy

Love my Cragars.   Hubcaps, dog dishes and me2's just aren't my cup of joe.    I'm more a day 3 kinda guy  :icon_smile_big:

Seriously thinking about those new 17" aluminum slots for my old HS bomber.     
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

chargerboy69

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on August 21, 2010, 05:25:31 AM
Someone say retro?  ;)

Wow Chris I did not realize you put wheels on your car.  That sure totally changed the look of that car.  It looks great.  :2thumbs:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Cooter

Speaking of "Retro", I'm a HUGE fan of the old skool Centerline Auto Drag in Satin finish...I guess so because it seemed EVERY car that was considered "Badass" had a set on it..Granted, they were something like 10" in back with something like a 3" back spacing and 3 1/2" in front, but I just accociate Centelines with performance. This is why a set is in my Dart today...

mikepmcs

Quote from: Cooter on August 21, 2010, 10:54:25 AM
Speaking of "Retro", I'm a HUGE fan of the old skool Centerline Auto Drag in Satin finish...I guess so because it seemed EVERY car that was considered "Badass" had a set on it..Granted, they were something like 10" in back with something like a 3" back spacing and 3 1/2" in front, but I just accociate Centelines with performance. This is why a set is in my Dart today...

Wow, we're 2 for 2.  I love those wheels too.
Centerlines rule!
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

aone415

17" Magnum 500 2 PC.... RETRO Cool!

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: chargerboy69 on August 21, 2010, 08:02:40 AM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on August 21, 2010, 05:25:31 AM
Someone say retro?  ;)

Wow Chris I did not realize you put wheels on your car.  That sure totally changed the look of that car.  It looks great.  :2thumbs:

Thanks!   :2thumbs:

Yup back in May.....heres the thread

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,69757.0.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T