News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SOLD THE 68 R/T TODAY... =(

Started by HITMAN 149, August 18, 2010, 03:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HITMAN 149

well... the tow truck just left a lil while ago..  :'(
it's on it's way to estonia?!?!? lmao
just wanted to say a BIG THANKS to EVERYONE for alllll their help, support, & patience!!!!!!!
it just ended up being toooo much for me right now, esp $$$ wise, after getting screwed over by my now EX-buddy at t&t auto / lil devils hot rod n bikes in red bank nj (just so everyone is warned!! lol)
i'll get another one (a nice solid DRIVER!!!!) in a couple of years after i get back on my feet a lil better... and it would be nice if the city would stop playing bull$hit games &  settle our contract (over 2 1/2 yrs w/out one sooo far!!!) :brickwall: & give us our raise & our back pay!!!!!  :flame: then maybe i wouldn't have had to sell my baby!!!   :rotz: lol
:cheers:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

mikepmcs

Hang in there Big John. 
You will overcome and come back better than before. There is no other option. :2thumbs:

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bakerhillpins

Quote from: mikepmcs on August 18, 2010, 03:36:02 PM
Hang in there Big John. 
You will overcome and come back better than before. There is no other option. :2thumbs:

Mike

:iagree:

Hope you stick around in the meantime and continue to share your experience.  :yesnod:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

HITMAN 149

thanks big mike!!!  :cheers: yea it sucks but ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes!!! im just glad that i was able to sell it( not that i thought id really have a problem gettin rid of a 68 R/T!!! lol) but times are tough man!!! and im glad its going to a good home!!!  :2thumbs:

hey baker...
ABSOFUCKINLUTLEY!!!... u guys aint gettin rid of me that easy!!!! lol  :cheers:
toooo many great guys n gals on here to not hang around!!!!!!!!!  :2thumbs:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

resq302

Sucks that you had to sell your car but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.  Cars will be around for a while so when you have some extra spending cash, you can get the car of your choice (hopefully).  Also, don't forget about the bbq for the club on Sat at my house! :cheers:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

NYCMille

I'm sorry man... but everything happens for a reason, the next one will bigger and better so just hang in there.  :2thumbs:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 18, 2010, 04:18:23 PM
Did you sell it to this new board member Petri.?

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,72425.msg812583.html#msg812583

I don't think so. John said it was going to Estonia and Petri. said he was in Sweden. Plus Petri. just posted up asking about a blue 68 out west.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

twodko

Hitman I can feel the sadness in your post and rightly so. That blows man it just blows. Its easy for me to say sitting here on my butt, however when one door closes.........you know the rest.
Good things are coming your way - believe it. You got peeps here and I look forward to hearing about your next Charger!

Tom

PS Contract negotiations are always contentious and ugly. That's the only thing I hated about being in a union. It will get settled and you'll be solvent once again.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

71ChallengeHer

John, That sucks. I know , I have been close to selling the Chally. But so far , I've been able to hang on. Hope to see you at the BBQ.  :cheers:

68RT4ME

I know it's just a car but they really do mean more then that to us. I'm sorry you had to part with yours and I hope your able to get your next one soon.  :'(
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

bull

I agree with Mike. Although it's kind of a bummer right now I bet the knowledge you gained from owning this one will help you make more informed choices next time. Just like dating women, right?

chargerboy69

John,

I am sorry you had to sell her.  Last I knew she was getting worked on and I thought you were getting close to having it the way you wanted.  There will always be another one when you are ready.

Tim
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

A383Wing

sorry to hear it went away John......there will always be another one around the corner...

(we're all still yer freinds anyway, right?)  :rofl:

TUFCAT

I hope you get another Charger soon....and don't leave us!  :2thumbs:

A383Wing

At least don't leave us alone with "Tufkitty"  :D

TUFCAT

Quote from: A383Wing on August 18, 2010, 11:37:41 PM
At least don't leave us alone with "Tufkitty"  :D

Ha! .....at least not late at night! :nana:

elacruze

Sorry Man.

Reality check though, it's only a car and there are lots out there later. I was at the point of selling mine 3 years ago, now it's 3/4 of the way to restored. You can't know what's around the corner.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

charge69

Right now is tough economic times for a lot of people . It sucks that you had to sell your car but , time has a way of healing all wounds and you will have another one.  It will get better , you can count on it.

TeeWJay426

<---- Been there, done that. I can sympathize.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

HITMAN 149

yup!!! thanks guys!! and noooo im not going anywhere!!!! i'll still be here!!!! i just won't be pestering with anymore fix it questions for a while!!! lmao
thanks guys!!!!  :cheers:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

BigBlockSam

i'm glad that you were able to sell it quick. sad that it had to go , but it's a buyer's market rite now  :drive:

good luck my friend
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Back N Black

:bawling: sorry to here, I agree with everyone, there will be another Charger when the time is right.

resq302

I agree.  Almost guaranteed that you will get another charger down the road.  (Just for the love of god, don't get one of those 4 door abominations)
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Khyron

and next one will be the right year.... 69 :nana:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.