News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

air vs non air

Started by poppa, August 29, 2010, 09:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

Debating on putting in ac in a non ac car(not #'s matching). What is the difference in the firewall? I know there needs to be ,I think, two more holes?? Pics would be cool .I can get most of the ac parts at the moment and was just thinking I'd have to do this now before paint. Thanks
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

b5blue

Check out Classic Auto Air and Vintage auto air sights, they both make modern systems designed to install in heat only cars. A newer modern system that requires only a few holes rather then changing to the large blower motor hole and slotted hole needed for a factory type conversion. At around 1300.00 I think it will work better and last longer. To anyone other than a resto perfectionist A/C has to be worth more than sweating!  :lol:

poppa

B5,thanks for the reply. I stumbled on a couple of posts after I posted and saw the large hole required for those.I will keep Vintage air in mind as I do not think I will be converting to the factory air. Thanks again...
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

Darkman

You can do the under dash systems that get put in hotrods, no extra holes needed, which Vintage Air do
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!