News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trading my 66 Charger :-(

Started by HANDM, August 14, 2010, 02:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HANDM

:cryin:

WellI have decided for the greater good to trade the 66, we have had it for close to twenty years, bought it from the original owner and drove the piss outta it for the first ten, has mostly sat for the last ten.

Met a real nice fellow Mopar nutter from craigslist when I was looking for a fender for the 69. I tell him about the 66 and he, months later offers to trade me a 99 phord ranger for it...........

I think on it, discuss it with my wife, weigh the pros and cons of the whole deal and decide that since my 97 ram is about to die and my daughter is getting ready to drive, and since I know the 66 will never get the love and attention it needs, that I will trade it.

Now I know what y'all are gonna say, first being that I am trading for something that will evevetually be worth nothing, for a 66 that will always be worth something. I'm looking at it from a safety standpoint, first, it's manual, will keep the daughters hands busy, so no texting. Second it is not an extended cab, so she can only have one friend with her at a time and third, it has dual airbags, abs and all that crap. Plus not to mention the truck is in excellent shape and at the moment is worh more than the 66. On the plus side, (if there even is one) it has been in snohomish county since 73 and will just be moving a mile or so from my house.

Thanks for letting me vent a little, I feel like I am trading away a family member here and I am really gonna miss the ol' bomber.

drifter69

I see you have alot of Mopars to choose from. If you have any more daughters getting ready to drive. Mabey we  talk about the 73 cuda since I already have a 69. :D

HANDM

My ten year old son is already having a heart attack over this trade, if I traded "his" Cuda, well that may just kill him alltogether :smilielol:

The70RT

The bad thing about only having one other ride with her it could be a horny teenage boy  :-\ Other than that I hope you will have no regrets later.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mikepmcs

a ford ranger. WTF!  give 1300 for the ranger and keep your 66. that's just insane.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

HANDM

Any regret that I may have will be that I don't send it to a good home and that it will sit here untouched for another ten years.

And yes, I know the ranger is worthless next to the 66. FWIW, the ranger is worth about 2,500 now, down the road it will be about 500 if I'm lucky
Insane? probably, but for right now, it makes sense

As for the horny teenagers, let's just put it this way, I keep a close eye on who she hangs out with, and with her being an honor student, they are all geeks anyway :smilielol:

b5blue

Make sure that eye is looking through a night vision long range scope.   ;)

Black Charger

I would sell the '66 outright, buy the truck (or another like it) for less than 3 grand and pocket the rest of the money to put into your other cars. I agree with what the others have said, a straight across trade for the Ranger would be a bad idea.

charge-it

R U NUTS? The 66 is a 4 speed, so sell it to me, buy the truck, and put the rest of the cash that's left over away for her college fund. Sounds like you need a visit from this guy.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

bakerhillpins

When I was young I a stick didn't stop me from doing stupid stuff while driving. I would pin my heal on the floor use my toe for the gas and used my knee to steer. That left one had to do what ever was necessary.   :slap:   Not that ambidextrous these days.

Sorry you feel the only way is to let her go.  :'(
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

if you what to trade for a truck than i have a 1995 jeep cherokee sport in good shape 6cyl automatic A/C no rust

A383Wing

Quote from: charge-it on August 14, 2010, 07:40:59 PM
R U NUTS? The 66 is a 4 speed, so sell it to me, buy the truck, and put the rest of the cash that's left over away for her college fund. Sounds like you need a visit from this guy.

I think he said the ranger is a stick...not the charger

anyway...ya gotta do what ya think is right for you at the time....

HANDM

Wound up trading the Charger for the ranger almost four years ago and had (almost) forgot about it untill yesterday.
I get a call from a gentleman saying that he has my car and that the previous owner told him that I had serious regret about letting it go. It seems that the person that I traded it to, put different wheels, correct antenna and radio as well as fixing any small things that I had neglected. After keeping it for two years, He in turn traded it to another guy for painting his house plus some cash.

New owner has painted it and installed a 440, and has offered me the car first
Cool thing is, is that he is a serious trader and I have serious stuff to trade so if it works out, I will be getting the beloved 66 back!
I'll try and post pics
Not too sure about the color but heck, it's the 66 and who knows, it might grow on me

JB400

Glad to hear it. :2thumbs:  Hope it works out for you :popcrn:

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

HANDM

pic

HANDM

pic

HANDM

Ghoste

Those are the pics when you still had it correct?  I hope it works out for you. :2thumbs:

myk

What's safer?  A 2014 Mercedes E-class, or that '66 Charger? 

Doesn't matter what kind of vehicle a driver is in; if they're unsafe, they're unsafe no matter what vehicle they're driving.  I hope everything works out for you, 'OP...

70 sublime

The 66 looks good

After all the wheeling and dealing how did the truck work out ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

HANDM

The new owner painted it the two tone.......it was white before.
The ranger worked out very well and I still have it as a driver when the ram is outta gas...

70 sublime

Well see if the new owner wants to trade for a Ranger :)
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

A383Wing

that 66 was white before? With red interior? What was original engine?

We had a white with red interior 66 back in the late 70's

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

HANDM

Quote from: A383Wing on January 26, 2014, 12:12:40 PM

Was a 318 poly

A383Wing

Quote from: HANDM on January 26, 2014, 12:15:23 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on January 26, 2014, 12:12:40 PM

Was a 318 poly

ours was 383....I often wonder what happend to that car..we saw it once sitting at a house, but never again

FlatbackFanatic

I'd do what I could to get it back, and it even has more power now with the 440 in it. The color combo looks great. :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

cudaken

Hand M, more pictures please! Have you took it out for a spin?  :drive:

I am not a fan as a whole of the 1st Gen Charger. But, I sure would not mine having yours! Love the color combo and tire sizes!  :drool5:

Unless you had to throw crazy money at it to get her back, I think you did darn good!

Cuda Ken
I am back

bill440rt

That is one SHARP 1st Gen!   :drool5: :drool5:  :cheers:
Proves that there is such a thing as good karma.  :yesnod:

One question. Is that a side marker or reflector on the fender?  :scope:
Was that added since you let the car go?
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

HANDM

Don't have the car........YET.....
and the front side reflectors were on the car from the original owner
I too am becoming fond of the color combo as well  :D

Ghoste

By that comment we can take it that in your mind you already have it back. ;)  (it wont be long from here that you make it reality)