News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger door jams and hinges

Started by lexxman, August 04, 2010, 09:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexxman

Hey guys.I'm getting into the last couple of patchs and soon I'll be doing a final clean before the body fill starts to fly.So my question is for the area were 1/4 meets door post what should it look like?I wasn't the one who took it apart,so I'm not sure what it should look like. And is there a re kit or something to rebuild the door hinges?I haven't looked around yet so I figured I'd ask.

carolina charger

I found a hinge rebuild set at Advance auto parts. Comes with bushings and pins.  :2thumbs:

lexxman

Hey,how should this joint be finished?With any luck all the small patch work will be done today. :2thumbs:

Bobs69

You mean filled in?  Mine is and I don't like it.  Someday I'd like to change it.  Maybe just a little to protect the welds??  But I'd like to be able to see the seam in mine, just to be more factory?

Maybe someone who knows what they are talking about could give better advice.

lexxman

Ya,that what I meet.how is it from factory? I think I will clean it up and leave them.

NMike

personally i would grind it smooth. those welds at the corner look quite frankenstien like. definately reweld and grind down.

unless you are going for a 100 point show queen, i wouldn't worry as long as it looks nice and clean (so you are not embarrassed to open the door)

lexxman

Ya the plan is too smooth it all out,so it looks good.This is not the finish.I wasn't sure if I should fill or not.

Silver R/T

seam should be filled with seam sealer to prevent moisture/contaminants getting in.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

lexxman

If anyone haves picture that would be great.Seam sealer inside and out? I plan to be checking alot of car out at Moparfest next weekend.