News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for 66-70 Charger for TV

Started by jhutcheson, August 13, 2010, 11:27:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhutcheson

Hi y'all,

I am a producer with the show MuscleCar on Spike TV.  I direct the Flashback part of the show and right now I'm looking to do a feature on the 1st or 2nd Gen Chargers.  I need a stock Charger with at least a 383, preferably a 440 or Hemi.  It needs to be numbers matching with correct paint and options.  The owner would need to bring the car to our studios near Nashville where they'll drive the car while we shoot it.  There is no compensation involved, just the chance to get a professionally crafted TV segment devoted to your car.  If you think you've got the car we're looking for, email me at jhutcheson@rtmtv.com.

Thanks,
James Hutcheson
RTM Productions
Franklin, TN

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hemi68charger

too bad you weren't shooting in Houston, I'd get ya my Daytona..  :icon_smile_big:   Then again, isn't a stock production Charger... If you want a OEM Charger R/T, the 440 is the standard engine,,,,, no 383 Charger R/T's, but as you eluded to, plenty of 383 '66-'67's................

Good luck on the shot, let us know when it'll be aired when known.............

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

I have that exact car, original paint and all, but you'd have to come to Minneapolis for the shoot.   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

jhutcheson

The show airs 11:30am CST weekends on Spike.  We are looking to shoot this in the next couple of months and it will air sometime in early 2011.

resq302

Quote from: jhutcheson on August 13, 2010, 11:27:30 AM
Hi y'all,

I am a producer with the show MuscleCar on Spike TV.  I direct the Flashback part of the show and right now I'm looking to do a feature on the 1st or 2nd Gen Chargers.  I need a stock Charger R/T with at least a 383, preferably a 440 or Hemi.  It needs to be numbers matching with correct paint and options.  The owner would need to bring the car to our studios near Nashville where they'll drive the car while we shoot it.  There is no compensation involved, just the chance to get a professionally crafted TV segment devoted to your car.  If you think you've got the car we're looking for, email me at jhutcheson@rtmtv.com.

Thanks,
James Hutcheson
RTM Productions
Franklin, TN

Well, if you are looking for a Charger R/T with a 383, you are never going to find an original one in the second gens.  Shame you weren't looking in NJ as my car is like it left the assembly line however, it is a correct period engine but it is not a "numbers matching" engine since the original block is long gone as like most of these muscle cars back in the day.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

jhutcheson

Let me clarify a bit what I am looking for:

66-67 Charger 383,440 or Hemi

OR

68-69 Charger R/T 440 or Hemi

I'd prefer one w/ these options:

-4 speed
-a bright, factory correct paint color (i.e. not black, white, brown, gray) looks better on TV
-tick-tach-tock
- stripes

The motor doesn't have to be the original numbers matching one--just needs to be the same type of motor it came with originally.

Thanks for the response so far!

Mike DC

If it can just be "very stock appearing" and not truly 100% stock, that would free up your pool of potential cars.  

A whole lotta owners have replacement engines that are the same as the factory engine, or just visually dressed the same.  Or R/T clone cars entirely, which are visually and mechanically the same as a factory R/T but the serial number just doesn't match, etc.

Lots of owners have modern radial tires, sometimes on the original wheels, other times it's a set of wheels that did not come on that particular car but are still typical for 1960s Dodges, etc.  

Some cars are currently painted colors that were in the 1960s Dodge Charger catalog but are not the shade that particular car was built with.  Or the car was factory-ordered with an optional vinyl top which has since been removed, etc.  

jhutcheson

Yes, Mike, that's right.  If anyone thinks they have a car that would work but you're not sure, go ahead and respond.  It doesn't have to be a 100% accurate Concours perfect car.  That's great if it is, but in my experience, guys that own those don't always want to really drive them.  I'm basically looking for a very close to accurate representation of the Charger, something without a lot of glaring modifications. 

Thanks,
James

Mike DC

(I was just modifiying my above post while you were responding.)

resq302

James, with the exception of my tail stripe, it sounds like my charger is pretty much what you are looking for.  Shame Im all the way up in NJ. :-\
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: resq302 on August 13, 2010, 04:02:39 PM
James, with the exception of my tail stripe, it sounds like my charger is pretty much what you are looking for.  Shame Im all the way up in NJ. :-\
trailer it down  :2thumbs:

mikepmcs

well, you came to the right place.......you should do the segment on the first 3 generations at the same time and have them drive one behind the other.  I'm sure there are a few members that meet your vehicle requirements.  As for me.....................yeeeehaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! I'm out!  :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Beauregard "Bo" Duke  aka...Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Plum Crazy 68

NO COMPENSATION!!!! They make money on these shows and should at least pay for expenses.  I've been in three TV segments and two movies and got compensated fairly for non speaking parts.  These cars are expensive to operate and repair if any stupid stage hand decides he want to jump in the doors or slide across the hood while the owner is not around.  Be careful folks.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Plum Crazy 68 on August 13, 2010, 06:35:14 PM
NO COMPENSATION!!!! They make money on these shows and should at least pay for expenses.  I've been in three TV segments and two movies and got compensated fairly for non speaking parts.  These cars are expensive to operate and repair if any stupid stage hand decides he want to jump in the doors or slide across the hood while the owner is not around.  Be careful folks.

I concur
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ACUDANUT

Yea, What a crock. Is there inspector there to tell you if it's the correct engine. Most can't tell a 383 from  a 440. LOL

motorcitydak

Guys, relax....this is an awesome opportunity to get your car on a really cool national TV show. I cannot believe the responses so far! You are more than willing to drive cross country to go to carlisle to put it in a row of 1000's or other similar cars but no one wants to have a once in a lifetime opportunity to showcase their pride and joy with its very own segment? This guy is here to find an awesome car and most of what I read is complaints! If you don't have the car he is looking for, try to find someone who does or keep out of it. If my car was done and factory correct I would be more than happy to take this chance. Sadly I cannot but I will see what I can do to find the car that is. The Woodward Dream Cruise is in a few weeks. I will be there and will scout out a few good cars for you. If you would like, I can put your info in the car to get the owners to connect with you. I am sure there is someone out there with the perfect car for your spotlight, please just give us a few moments to find it for you.
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

vancamp

I might consider it but the 69 is black and has non stock stipe and intake....

moparstuart

you need to have on a superbird convertible  in a future show   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Vainglory, Esq.

No 1970s?  An R/T with at least a 383?  Clearly you don't know shit from shit.

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: moparstuart on August 13, 2010, 09:47:10 PM
you need to have on a superbird convertible  in a future show   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

I agree... :yesnod:
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Chad L. Magee

I don't have one that qualifies (all of my RTs are rough projects), but I will ask around to the Charger RT owners that I know.  I have already added it to my Dodge Charger Owners Group on facebook, so you may get a few more replies....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Plum Crazy 68

I didn't say it wasn't worth going, but at least try to get something for your time and effort.  I'm in another club that rented vehicles for "Shutter Island" and "Valkerie".  We had nothing but problems with the Valkerie people.  Their guys were taking joy rides in $160,000 vehicles when the set was closed for the night.  On the "Shutter Island" job our guys got $700 for one days rent.  You have to write a contract or something to cover your butt in case your car is damaged in any way.  Yes, I will watch the show and I know it's cool to be involved with something on national television, but just be careful.

Brad 

resq302

Jackie, if it wasn't for the fact that I would have to take time off from work, spend money for hotels and fuel, be away from my family, and then possibly have something happen to my car once it gets on set, I would have gladly trailered it down to TN if there was some kind of compensation for it.  The expenses that I would incur just to have my car POSSIBLY be on TV would not outweigh the media hype that my charger would get from being on national TV.  Now, if they were to pay all of my expenses to get me and my car down there, I would certainly consider it without a doubt.  But like someone else said, with all the sponsorships that Spike has for all of these shows, I can't see why they can't hand out a little money for a car they would want to appear on the show since they are getting money to operate the show.  To me, having a car on the show is just another prop expense.
Brian

b5blue

I saw this coming..... :lol:  You guys are taking him too serious and literal, it's Spike TV....not Antiques Roadshow! He should throw in at least a tank of gas, lunch and some Tee Shirts though.  :nana: