News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Multiple car owners: If you could have only one car...

Started by 1972Rallye, August 12, 2010, 10:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

...which one would you chose and why?  Pick the main reason for your choice.

Most valuable
0 (0%)
Rarest
3 (13%)
Fastest
0 (0%)
Coolest
14 (60.9%)
It's drivable
3 (13%)
My wife would shoot me if I sold it
1 (4.3%)
I'd rather shoot myself
2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

1972Rallye

In my case, I'd have a VERY hard time but I think the 72 Rallye would win out.  It's an original TB3 440 4-speed car with N96 (last known to be built that way).  The cool factor is just too high to ever let it go.  My wife's favorite is the 71 Super Bee... she'd get over it - I hope! :o

ChgrSteve67

I love driving cool cars but at the end of the day it has to be reliable and not requiring much attention.

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:   coolest for sure  , I dreamed of it and built it the way i wanted it .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69bronzeT5

Out of my 1969 Charger, 1970 Coronet 500 and 1973 Duster, I'd chose my Charger anyday. The Duster may be completley roadworthy but I've had my Charger for way longer than the other two and it has too much sentimental value for me to ever get rid of it.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

41husk

For me it would be real close between the Daytona clone and the convertible Challenger with the WannaBee being a close third :shruggy: Sure glad I don't have to choose :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

elacruze

I'm building my '68 to be my daily driver. A/C, cruise control, overdrive, Electronic Engine Management. I don't expect to care to drive anything else. If I couldn't have the '68 pickup, I'd have to get a trailer...
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

John_Kunkel

I'd go for drivability. Cool and fast don't count for much in a daily driver and rarity becomes a liability when exposed to daily traffic.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

doctor4766

Nah, driveability is over rated.
Cool wins out in my opinion.

Driveability is an added bonus.
I'd still take her out even if she wasn't....
Gotta love a '69

Darkman

I'm going for the "cool" daily driver. That is why I am converting mine to RHD, so I can drive it and not worry about sitting on the wrong side of the car.
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

doctor4766

Quote from: Darkman on August 12, 2010, 06:24:30 PM
I'm going for the "cool" daily driver. That is why I am converting mine to RHD, so I can drive it and not worry about sitting on the wrong side of the car.

Darkman I really don't wanna say you'll regret it one day but.........

Conversion is overdone in this country imo
Takes only a coupla hundred miles to get accustomed to it.
Gotta love a '69

Darkman

That's fine and your opinion.

I know what I need to do to get the car registered in SA, I will not go into it again, but it WILL be converted
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

rt green

between the 69 charger and the 68 gtx, it would be the charger. the gtx is on the slate to be a street fighter, but I'm getting older.
third string oil changer

Chad L. Magee

It would be rarity that would win out in my choice, but then I would have to decide on which one is truly the rarest one in my set.  Would I go by pure production numbers, numbers left, oddest optioned or what?  Great.... now I will have to ponder that all night while sleeping...... :scratchchin:
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

1970Moparmann

I'm going through this right now - and it really sucks.  I've killed my self deciding which one to sell, but as my post "Ones got to go!".   I chose cool on this post.    :shruggy:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

hemi68charger

Ahh, I think it would be an easy choice between the Daytona or Charger 500... Plus, my little princess would disown Daddy.... She still thanks me for the People's Choice trophy I gave her.........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

hemigeno

I've driven the HemiCharger probably 12-15,000 miles in 12 years, and driven the Daytona a big fat goose-egg in the nearly 8 years I've owned it...

Even still, the R/T would have to go if I had to choose one, no doubt. 

BTW, Julie's not the only one 'round here that would disown Troy if he got rid of his Daytona without a suitable Daytona to replace it   :lol:

ChgrSteve67

Drove the Charger last weekend 1000+ miles throught the Mountains pulling a trailier, ran the AC half the time, got 15 mpg and she never skipped a beat.  How cool is that?

But if I could only have one car for my daily driver it would be my 300C

Dans 68

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on August 16, 2010, 09:56:43 PM
Drove the Charger last weekend 1000+ miles throught the Mountains pulling a trailier, ran the AC half the time, got 15 mpg and she never skipped a beat.  How cool is that?

But if I could only have one car for my daily driver it would be my 300C

I'm looking forward to your story, with photos, of course.  ;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259