News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started by GTP1500, August 12, 2010, 09:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTP1500

Hey guys, new to the forum.... I just bought my 69 back that I sold over 20 years ago.
I havent seen how bad she is but don't care. I was wondering what is the correct lug nut thread size and wheel center size?
I have to get some wheels and nuts to get it on the trailer and I want to have the correct stuff.

Thanks..............

Long Island RT

Lug nuts are 1/2"-20.  Be carefull - if it's totally stock - I think the drivers side is a left hand thread!
Bolt hole spacing is 4 1/2" x 5.

Good luck - I hope it brings back some good memories  :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

moparstuart

once you get it we need pictures    :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

tan top

hello & welcome  :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs:  , deffo need to see pictures Dude  :popcrn: ;) :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi68charger

Congrad's on getting your former '69 back...  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

rt green

wow. not everyone gets to do that
third string oil changer

bordin34

Welcome, you might wanna change the thread title I thought you were a spammer.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

lexxman

Weclome,and I didn't know the the driver side stud were left hand threads.After read this thread I checked my fronts were changed to disks,but the drives rear is still lht.Why would they do that? Can't wait to see some picture's.
:2thumbs:

Darkman

Might have something to do with the rotation of the wheel not "undoing" the nuts by themselves  :shruggy:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

lexxman

I don't think so,modern cars are all the same thread. :shruggy:

GTP1500

Hold on guys, remember I haven't seen it in 20 years so I don't know what exactly to expect. She was pretty rough when I bought it. I was only 14 back then and had bigger plans than means so when I do the pics I hope you all have good imaginations for what it could look like, either way it's still a 69 and a start.

vancamp

congrats and good luck getting her going again

lexxman

When do you pick it up?You must be like kid at christmas. :drool5:

drifter69

Broke two off the driver side myself when I first got my car. :shruggy:

rt green

they put left hand threads on the lugs so they wouldnt spin loose, wheel rotation, as it was stated earlier. why? dont know. no problem with right hand threads before and after they did that.
third string oil changer

GTP1500

I don't think I know what I may have got myself into getting it back..... just a grille for $1,500 :o and when I was young I turned my hood into a snow sled..... ahh hindsight 20/20..........

TylerCharger69

Quote from: Darkman on August 12, 2010, 09:37:18 PM
Might have something to do with the rotation of the wheel not "undoing" the nuts by themselves  :shruggy:

Actually.....that is correct...that was the reasoning, but it was later determined that it doesnt make a difference

GreenMachine

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on August 14, 2010, 07:44:56 PM
Quote from: Darkman on August 12, 2010, 09:37:18 PM

Actually.....that is correct...that was the reasoning, but it was later determined that it doesnt make a difference

I remember seeing a link recently from this forum or FABO. I can't remember the source of the article, but I remember the results. The subject was about why Chrysler used L/H threads, so they did a test, they left them a little loose on both the L and R sides. The result was the L/H threads tightened some and the R/H threads loosened some. Driving in reverse the results were opposite.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

GTP1500

Well I'm getting ready to get the charger this weekend. I have a friend who owns a salvage yard and am wondering what kind of "newer" car wheels would fit just to roll it on the trailer......... I want to thank Long Island RT for giving me the bolt pattern.

Mikesmoparperformance

WOW! thats awesome to find you old 69 back!! :2thumbs:  Keep it this time! :2thumbs:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: GTP1500 on August 12, 2010, 09:06:59 AM
Hey guys, new to the forum.... I just bought my 69 back that I sold over 20 years ago.
I havent seen how bad she is but don't care. I was wondering what is the correct lug nut thread size and wheel center size?
I have to get some wheels and nuts to get it on the trailer and I want to have the correct stuff.

Thanks..............

Congrats  :2thumbs:    I got my old 69 back after 28 years last year about this time.     
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

lisiecki1

Quote from: GTP1500 on August 17, 2010, 08:10:50 PM
Well I'm getting ready to get the charger this weekend. I have a friend who owns a salvage yard and am wondering what kind of "newer" car wheels would fit just to roll it on the trailer......... I want to thank Long Island RT for giving me the bolt pattern.

I believe that mid-90s mustang wheels are the same lug pattern...where are you located?  maybe someone from the forums can help you out.
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

GTP1500

Finally picked it up Sat. I took pics with the high res. but had to put them on photo bucket.
Can I post the photobucket HTML on here?

bakerhillpins

You can easily post a link to your photobucket album by placing the link (URL) text into your post highlighting it and then pressing the "Insert Hyperlink" button.

You can also post pics but pasting in the link (URL), highlighting it, and pressing the "Insert Image" button.

If this doesn't make sense take a look around in the help section there are lots of topics that deal with this and different ways to do it.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/board,3.0.html
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

GTP1500

Thanks Baker...... http://s558.photobucket.com/albums/ss30/gtp1500/Charger/

383 car i found out.
It doesn't look like much and missing some interior from 20 years ago but I'm still thrilled he was nice enough to let me buy it back after all these years.