News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'71 Charger R/T

Started by furray, August 01, 2010, 09:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Quote from: furray on August 08, 2010, 04:44:17 PM
I can't get into my photo bucket account, Is there another way to post a picture on here ? it's been years since I've used it & it just isn't working. But I can say stories are changing. It was not wrecked but all the pieces aren't there & I haven't seen anymore than the motor, trans, car, & seats. I won't ask to do any more than peek under the tarp it is in bad shape and I don't think I could get whats left of it back on. I was asked to make the offer today and based on what parts I could gather up there, I offered $1500, I told them it's a starting point depending on how much more could be rounded up. This car has to be restored by the porson who buys it, otherewise it's a parts car. So I'm not willing to give much more because who knows what all in missing.

I would tell the owner you need to see all the parts in detail and then make an honest offer.   Depending on what the owner thinks it's worth, worst case you can probably make a few bucks and be the broker for someone else who wants the car.  If it's clean metal wise, it could be worth $7 - $8k or so.  Ask the owner what he thinks it's worth you may be shocked for the good about it.   

Once you take a good look at the car, right down all it needs and put a guesstimate together on who much it will cost you to restore.  Share with the owner and he may get a better idea what it would take and he may say screw it, it's yours.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

mauve66

sooo, he still won't take the cover off to show the whole car or all the parts and wants you to make an offer based on his word....................

the back end could easily be rotting into the ground
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

hemi-hampton

How's the Trunk Floor & Rear Framerails :scratchchin:

furray

Quote from: 71383bee on August 10, 2010, 07:08:28 AM
Try to get a pencil rubbing of the fender tag.  We can decode that and it will have the VIN in it.  

I still think 10k is a bit steep for a wrecked charger.  6 to 7 is not outta line though.  
No. I offered them $1,500 not 10k. Things are still beeing mulled over. Money is not  "ANY"  issue here, good intentions are. There is a lot more to this storey, but...we will see what happens. My gut feeling is even after all this time and running around, phone tag, etc I won't get it, in the end it will be scrapped when I could have saved it if I got it before the next winter sets in but hey.. no one could have given a more sincere hard run at trying to save it.

hemi-hampton

Scrapyard would never give them $1,500 so why scrap it :shruggy: LEON.

furray

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 10, 2010, 11:05:01 PM
Scrapyard would never give them $1,500 so why scrap it :shruggy: LEON.
Because the owner of the property is getting to the point where she wants it gone and the owners (3) won't all agree. 2 yes 1 no. None of them have the time or means or even a place to move it to, sad story but the property owner will remove it someday and I'm afraid it will be to the crusher 3 miles down the road. I just can't get through to the one girl. How do you motivate a person with so much sentiment ? I'm at my wits end. It's taken me this long to get 2 to agree and now I just can't get it through her head that she is doing the wrong thing to this car.

RD

promise her after you restore it, she will get to drive it some time. ONCE! for 50 feet and that you have an electronic shutoff to your car via your cellphone if she fails to follow said instructions hehehe j/k
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

furray

Talked to the people toninght, they are not happy.

furray

Quote from: furray on August 12, 2010, 09:20:57 PM
Game over, it goes down the road to the crusher this fall if she doesn't remove it by then.

hemi-hampton

Not happy about what, your offer :scratchchin:  Offer $2,500 :scratchchin:

RD

they are idiots and you can tell them i said that too.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

ipstrategies

Maybe they are Not Happy that they waited and let the car sit and deteriorate to this point, and they know your offer is fair so not happy with themselves?
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

1970Moparmann

It's unbelievable how many people will let a car rot in the backyard without even a tarp and no sell it!!  Make me sick......... You really get pissed when you hear the car in question is a wing car or a hemi.  :brickwall:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!